PDA

View Full Version : Help me remember the name of the show!

meleeman
02-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Ok, I remember watching this show on Cartoon Network (I think, May have been Sci-Fi or something), but it was about earth and how we repaired this huge ship that we planned to take into outer space. The ship needed lots of power, and I remember hearing something about it getting powered up to 100 fold and when it took of it destroyed the ground around it or something. I'm not sure if we were going after someone or just going in search of life, but this kid gets on board and meets this girl he likes. The kid ends up fighting in what reminds me of a Gundam kinda thing, but not really. He then loses at some point and is left by the ship thinking he's dead but he's in his space suit floating through this rubble or something...

I know it was out around 1992 or so. It's possible it was a 2 hour movie or something. I'm sorry but I just can't remember the character names at all. :banghead: If someone can please help me figure this out I'd be eternally grateful.

thanks

jep'ray
02-17-2007, 10:17 PM
robotech from harmony gold, they turned 3 animes into one long show Macross, southern cross and Mospida all smushed into the robotech saga..

first episodes when the SDF-1 space folds inside earths gravaity field taking most of macross island with it. They end up outside of pluto, and fight ot get back to earth.

meleeman
02-18-2007, 04:20 PM
AWESOME! That's it, thanks jep'ray! You guys rock.

One question, and I know this may be crazy, but I've never watched Gundam. Maybe half an episode or so...but what exactly is it about? I like the robo suit idea.

Ollie
02-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Gundam is for another forum (try doing some research in Mecha). Your question's been answered, so I'ma lock this now. :D