PDA

View Full Version : Rated G: FOR GAMERS

Buruku
02-12-2007, 10:38 PM
To be honest, I'm just kind of bored. And I miss posting in the vid section.

So you may have noticed that more and more games are being made to appeal to more then just your normal video game player, games that anyone can pick up and play.

These are games such as Wii Sports, Wario ware, various puzzlers, Rhythm games etc. (most of which are made by Nintendo)

So anyway, how do you feel about this? Are you sick of Gimmicky crap? Are they lousy excuss for video games? Do you want games that are made for "real" video game fans?

Do you prefer 'traditional' games, or these new 'anyone can play' games?

Personally, I enjoy them. They're fun and something new, however I always like to move on to something with a little more substance. Mini games and puzzlers will only hold my attention for so long.

-Batman-
02-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I think an equal balance of both is needed.
Have nothing but gimmiks and you lose your main fanbase of dedicated gamers.
Have nothing but hardcore seriousness, you don't bring in new challangers for your products.

Oh, as for wii sports...Thats would be nothing more than a Tech Demo. Can't expect an amazing game from it when it came with the console.

Opinionated
02-12-2007, 11:01 PM
These "Anyone can play games" have to be one important thing to suceed: Fun. And as I like fun games, I like these "Anyone can play games" just as much as a "Hardcorn gamers only" games. Part of my attraction to the DS. Hardcorn(Metriod Prime: Hunters, Starfox Command) and non-gamer(Mario Kart DS, Tetris DS), and the blend of both(EBA, Castlevania).

Regex
02-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh, as for wii sports...Thats would be nothing more than a Tech Demo. Can't expect an amazing game from it when it came with the console.I do miss the days when the systems came with a full game though. Whether it was Nintendo's Mario game or Sega's Sonic game... Ah well.

-Batman-
02-12-2007, 11:16 PM
I do miss the days when the systems came with a full game though. Whether it was Nintendo's Mario game or Sega's Sonic game... Ah well.

Yeah...But I don't recall getting Mario when I got my SNES. I got Donkey Kong Country.

Regex
02-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah...But I don't recall getting Mario when I got my SNES. I got Donkey Kong Country.
Really? Well the first release of the SNES came with Super Mario World. I do recall them releasing different bundles later, that's true.

L337_Ninja_Girl
02-13-2007, 02:36 AM
I like em. Sometimes it's nice to have a game that you can pick up and play without making sure the kids aren't around because of the gore and the chainsaw revving.

For me, I love Wario: Smooth Moves for the Wii. All the games on the Wii are like for parties in my opinion. When my friends come over, I break out the Wii and hand out Wii-motes and get the party started.

My 360 is solely for my hardcore gaming and while the girlfriend doesn't like the kids to be around, I still play them. XD

The Blue Baron
02-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Uhhh Wario ware was made for like groups or kids just like Mario party they weren't made for challenge or story they were made for entertainment for like families..and all the other games there coming out with Are now coming in genres of expertise like oh need for speed for driving gamers and Gears of war for shooters.....Theres no gimmicky crap to it if you dont like the game dont pick it up and dont play it

氷の動物
02-23-2007, 08:59 PM
I'd say its really the balance of both types of games which makes videogames an extremely diverse form of media... and that neither one is necessarily better than the other.

I'd say that it is a good thing that we have a balance of difficulty levels throughout videogames simply because it makes it so that almost anyone can play some form of videogame and enjoy it.

Personally I enjoy really hardcore games, like strategy RPGs, but I also enjoy really simple arcade type games or the extremely mindless fun of the Wario Ware series. But people who aren't into hardcore games can still enjoy the simpler and easier to understand ones while the hardcore gamers still have plenty of choices as well. Personally I'm happy to see a more diverse population of videogame players.

python862
02-23-2007, 11:48 PM
I believe that whoever wants to play which game is solely up to the gamer. Me personally, though, am a hardcore Metal Gear Solid-er.