PDA

View Full Version : Most Fustrating Moments in Video Games

Light Buster
02-11-2007, 05:11 PM
What is your most fustrating moment in a video game that you had to do over and over for like an hour or so? Mine is trying to get a gold in burning lap in Burnout 3 and Revenge because crashing slows me down severly and perfect driving is extremely recommended.

Jutsu_Jak
02-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Probably goin through a whole level on extreme modew or whatever on gears of war to try and get the achievement for beating a berserker and finding out that that one doesnt count... that sucked.

xXUchihaxSuraXx
02-11-2007, 06:06 PM
when you get to a boss and bet him but didn't save the game and you get to the boss again and can't beat him

Khanxay
02-11-2007, 06:10 PM
In Star Ocean The Second Story:

After beating most of the game you can access the secret dungeon. The secret dungeon consist of 12 floors, 2 midway escape points, no save points, and the hardest enemies and bosses in the game. When I got to a certain level in the dungeon I fought a boss known as the "Weird Beast" No matter what a player does you can only do 1 damage per hit, even with spells and such. For this battle I was supposed to run away but instead I spent 14 hours hacking at his ~3 Billion hit points doing one point of damage per hit. Then I found out about the "weird slayer" weapon that could have killed it in one hit. Boy, was I mad.

Velvet_Nightmare
02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
The "it" monster that you fight in the cages in Resident Evil 4 annoyed me. I either ran out of ammo or ran out of time and ended up falling with the rig. I finally conserved my ammo, and defeated him with great satisfaction.

Hokage0893
02-11-2007, 07:03 PM
When you get a awsome weapon or you get sweet olevel ups or you kick some serious *** and then you forget to use a potion or healing spell and then die without saving!!!!! WAHAHAHAHAHA

Ichiro Matsuchani
02-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Ninja Gaiden on the xbox, there was a boss fight with some tentacle-like monster that was in the middle of a city square (That's what it looked like, at least). I spent maybe an hour trying to figure out how to beat him, then another 30 minutes actually doing it. Very frustrating.

Sword
02-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Devil May Cry 3 - Mission 19 - Dante Must Die mode. You have to play most of the missions again just to get enough red orbs to buy a million vital stars, which you have to use every five seconds against the boss. It took me a VERY long time to beat that level. Then mission 20 is easy.

Lightning Alchemist
02-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Doom 3:
Ending level when you fight the giant demon thing...its so annoying because you have to use the "Soul cube", but to use it you need to kill five other demons/creatures. but luckily they randomly appear but you can run out of ammo quickly...>.<

Jutsu_Jak
02-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Same here ichiro that level took me at least 2 hours. the one after that was worse though when you're in the underground thing fighting one and when you lose you gotta start the whole area again. no save points.

Hamashimura
02-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Most frustrating moment?
I dont know,I suppose last mission in Guilty Gear XX reload,it took me more than one hour to beat Sol...
Well,it's not frustrating I supose,but I was really nervous when I tried around 50,maybe even more times...

-Batman-
02-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Probably goin through a whole level on extreme modew or whatever on gears of war to try and get the achievement for beating a berserker and finding out that that one doesnt count... that sucked.

But it was damned fun.

As for me...

7 day survivor in Dead Rising.
It's killer because theres no means of Actually...Stopping. You have to do the entire thing in one sitting...Or risk overheating your 360. I got up to five days and said screw it. Maximo boxers aren't worth the tediously boring "Sit still for an hour...Go find food, sit still for an hour, find more food, sit, food, sit, food". If I wanted to sit around all day and do nothing but eat, i'll do it without the aid of virtual reality.

bakakame
02-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Some of the missions in Over G are so frustrating it's maddening. I'm on the strategic mission for area 5, been on that mission for several weeks now. You have to sink 2 battleships, shoot down 3 helicopters, shoot down 2 F/A-18's, then 2 more planes, with additional enemy aircraft and missile boats all over the level, and did I mention that you can only carry about a dozen ordinance, and oh yea missile evasion is dang near impossible.

L337_Ninja_Girl
02-13-2007, 02:40 AM
AUGH! It HAD to be when my friend Nick an I were in co-op on Gears of War and tried for 3 hours on Hardcore in Act 4 on the part where you have to take the split paths, where Fenix comments that it's going to be morning soon in the caves where you're supposed to be leaving the Resonator.

Then again, ANY time you have to split up on Gears of War in co-op is hard because if THEY die, YOU die. Versus being together, being split up is hard mainly because you can't revive them.

Makes me wanna just :banghead: ...

Famahama
02-13-2007, 03:02 AM
When you forgot something to make your progress at 100&#37; on FFX-2

KillerDragonX
02-13-2007, 12:06 PM
OMG my most furustrating moments is when im playing Phantasy Star Online and i just got a bunch of rare weapons, ok so the weapons are in my inventory and basically my game freezes, i couldnt save or anything, so i lose everything in my inventory including my rares, it pisses me off so much and im tired of it

Ichiro Matsuchani
02-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Same here ichiro that level took me at least 2 hours. the one after that was worse though when you're in the underground thing fighting one and when you lose you gotta start the whole area again. no save points.I found it easier the second time around, since I had the rhythm of the attacks down pat. Though the zombies were annoying.

ParaParaJMo
02-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Ricardo Martinez from Hajime no Ippo 2 Victorious Road. He is the hardest boss ever. Thanks to my strategy vid I posted on youtube after beating him 70+ tries. Many people can now beat him in less then 20.

Dragon-Heart
02-14-2007, 01:18 AM
I have to say is when you the boss just wont die! or right about hitting the final hit, you die. or you forget or didn't save after completing a lot and dieing and then having to redo it all over again.

krzglue2
02-14-2007, 11:35 AM
when I am playing Sumarai Warriors and set the game level to hell mode, after a while I found out I am alone and the whole map is cover by red spots (which mean they are all try to hunt me down.) I keep killing and they just keep coming out (I did not have time to clean those check points.), that really make me angry.

Ωmega
02-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Siren. Level 2.
You play as the teacher and student, and you need to:
1. turn off your flashlgiht and walk in the dark
2. walk very slowly
3. pay attention to the zombie things

No matter how many times I did it, no matter how slowly I walked, how closly I paid attention to that jerk on the roof, he'd always shoot me down. ALWAYS. I mean, how does a zombie know how to use a shotgun anyway??? I stopped playing right then and there. I mean, I lost my sense of fear, and it got too frustrating to continue. Its a shame too, it had a good concept to it.

miniPhil
02-14-2007, 11:58 AM
When my computer stalls and restarts when i havent saved in about an hour.

MioAkaichou
02-14-2007, 10:02 PM
1.Pokemon on Gameboy : Training Metapod

2.Harvest Moon (BTN) : Acidentally throwing stuff away when you try
to give it to someone

3.The Sims : When they start trying to get things out the fridge when
you haven't told them to

4. Dead or Alive : When they keep doing those bloody counter attacks

5. Final Fantasy in general. WAIT!.... let me explain.

The only thing that puts me off the FF series is the fact that you get attacked and are forced to engage is completely pointless, unrewarding battles after every 3 steps. Attacks by stupid random no-hope piddly little annoying creatures that just fancy having a go. You think to yourself, 'if I can just make it to that rock over there... shouldn't take too long' It will take at least half an hour. Fact. Even if you look around and you think 'oh yeah, nows a good to time to leg it over that bridge! The coast is clear!' Oh no (no no) it's bloody well not. At least in pokemon you could avoid those types of things by not walking in grass ^^;

Regex
02-15-2007, 10:05 AM
5. Final Fantasy in general. WAIT!.... let me explain.

The only thing that puts me off the FF series is the fact that you get attacked and are forced to engage is completely pointless, unrewarding battles after every 3 steps. Attacks by stupid random no-hope piddly little annoying creatures that just fancy having a go. You think to yourself, 'if I can just make it to that rock over there... shouldn't take too long' It will take at least half an hour. Fact. Even if you look around and you think 'oh yeah, nows a good to time to leg it over that bridge! The coast is clear!' Oh no (no no) it's bloody well not. At least in pokemon you could avoid those types of things by not walking in grass ^^;
I don't understand that either. It seems like Final Fantasy X seriously raised the random encounter rate. The previous games weren't nearly as bad.

Nespa
02-15-2007, 10:33 AM
when i played naruto ninja council and had to beat lee. If you fight him heis pretty easy but right when he is near dead he calls gai sensei and fully heals. It took a couple of try's to figure out that you need to beat him near death with just hits and them use a jutsu on him.

Khanxay
02-15-2007, 10:45 AM
1.Pokemon on Gameboy : Training Metapod
What about Magikarp?

2.Harvest Moon (BTN) : Acidentally throwing stuff away when you try
to give it to someoneYes! It just splats on the ground..even gifts and stuff.

3.The Sims : When they start trying to get things out the fridge when
you haven't told them toTurn off the auto action thing. That way they stand there and starve and pee on the floor and stuff.

4. Dead or Alive : When they keep doing those bloody counter attacksThat's really the point of the game. Countering each move.Watch two CPU's duke it out to see what I mean.

~Aisu~
02-15-2007, 11:28 AM
hmm... most frustrating moment... well, in the new Final Fantasy 12, you can get teleport stones and teleport between certain save stations. I had to go from the main city, Rabanastr, through these monster deserts to this ancient tomb. I get to the tomb, and find out that I'm to weak to beat the boss in it, so I teleport back to Rabanastr with one of the stones to go train. Then when I'm done training, I find out I have no teleport stones. So I have to go ALL the way back through these stupid deserts. It took forever.

Dragonshaz
02-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Myn would be super dragonball z because sometimes of its controls,it is really innoying especially trying to beat the bosses.

Aethereal
02-15-2007, 07:26 PM
I have a specific one from FFXII. When you can trip the alarms via the laser sensors. We had just passed through one of the sections and only half my party was through it when the lasers suddenly appeared (like really, as in, they weren't there at first) in that doorway. So we tripped those alarms and like 6 guard things came, and RIGHT after that another set was tripped the same way. It was in a tiny area so we couldn't really move anywhere. Got game over there. XD; I hated that. Very frustrating.

Now I go around doing it on purpose though. >_>; Oh well, I did. At the boss now. x3 Finally. LOL.

氷の動物
03-01-2007, 12:47 AM
One of my most frustrating moments was fighting the Pale Rider in Shin Megmai Tensei: Nocturne it literally took me over 50 tries at the boss before I finally managed to take him down... he was insanely hard.

Also another was in SMT: Nocturne as well when I finally defeated Dante when you fight him deep in the Amala Labyrinth, I finally got to him, easily defeated him then went down unleashed the four horse men then as I was running back out a monster casts an insta-death spell on my main character (which is instant gameover) I then had to do that entire part of the dungeon again and beat Dante again... that second time I just did the wine party where they take some of your money to return you to the top (I wasn't gonna risk having to do it a third time).

Sword
03-03-2007, 11:45 AM
I got another one from FFXII. I'm stuck in the 1st room of the place where you get the 2nd Esper. What I only found out today was that you have to EQUIP the Dawn stone thing and touch the pedestal. I would not have known that if it weren't for gamefaqs. I didn't even know you COULD equip it-thought it was just a regular key item lol

~Aisu~
03-03-2007, 12:51 PM
I know, I got to that temple place after Mt. Bir-omisas or however you spell it, and I couldn't do anything because I didn't know how to equip the stupid dawn shard. Then I found out my people's levels were too low, so now I have to go train.

Dragonshaz
03-04-2007, 05:39 AM
another game is resident evil 4 trying to beat that 3rd boss.Man i remember,he was hard until i found that you can use a bazooka lol

Hitsugaya389
03-10-2007, 09:21 AM
oh oh oh Naruto Clash of the Ninjas 1 and 2 are so retarded! when i press a button, it never lets me hit! actually, my friend just needs a new controller, but it's sooo frustrating!!!!!!!!!0_o

The Blue Baron
03-10-2007, 09:44 AM
PSO the maps were so confusing you had to know where to go all the time or you'd be lost forever :/

shinobi dog
03-10-2007, 09:50 AM
When you get killed and you have too start the level or save all over again.But then you forgot to save the game when you get far enough in it.Then start the whole thing again (got to remember to save).

spleeee!
03-10-2007, 10:36 AM
anytime i play max payne 2 is a frustrating moment for me