PDA

View Full Version : Sesshoumaru...Boy or Girl?

Kiishim Silhou
01-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Before Sesshoumaru fans start screaming WTH! I just wanna know if the first time you saw Sesshoumaru did you think he was a boy or girl. I knew he was a guy but my cousin thought he was a girl. Anybody else thought that too?? ( I personally think the make-up makes him hotter):p

-Batman-
01-31-2007, 04:49 PM
The first time I saw her I though she was a girl. And now that I've seen some of the series, I still think she's a woman.

Kagome
01-31-2007, 05:25 PM
I thought he was a male...Even in the manga, when he first shows up, I thought he was a male....Though in the manga when he first shows looks WAAAAAY more like a female then the anime. Though he's evolved since then...So have all of the characters actually...They ALL look different from the first time they showed up in the manga to today.

Mugetsu
01-31-2007, 05:44 PM
His voice was way too deep. His chest is was not nearly large enough for him to be an anime female. I don't think hes pretty enough. Plus they seem to draw the chins of male characters sharper than those of females. I knew it was a dude.

{Good}{Bye}
01-31-2007, 05:49 PM
His voice was way too deep. His chest is was not nearly large enough for him to be an anime female. I don't think hes pretty enough. Plus they seem to draw the chins of male characters sharper than those of females. I knew it was a dude.

I was gonna say the same thing so I agree with them!

Princess Hoshi
02-01-2007, 06:27 PM
I suppose the first time I saw him, I knew he was a a guy. He has male qualitys like how Mugetsu mentioned. So yeah. I always thought he was a guy. ^^- ...

Jose
02-02-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't know but Ist time i saw i knew he was a guy

wolfgirl90
02-02-2007, 07:58 PM
I knew that Sesshoumaru was a man but the eyeliner and the fluff made him look a little feminine....until he slices a head off.

Bluefox-chan
02-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Male!

Sesshoumaru has always looked male to me lol
...altho the eyeliner isnt helping his case...
^///^

Therebel and me get into a debate about this atleast once a month
(i won darn it!)
he is the definition of a bishonen

Toodles!
Foxy

MoonPrincess24
02-02-2007, 09:05 PM
His voice was way too deep. His chest is was not nearly large enough for him to be an anime female. I don't think hes pretty enough. Plus they seem to draw the chins of male characters sharper than those of females. I knew it was a dude.totally agreed!

Star Gazer
02-03-2007, 01:04 AM

I agree with that too.:laugh:

katrina03
02-05-2007, 05:53 AM
sesshomaru's a guy of course!

Breezy
02-09-2007, 12:15 AM
I knew he was a guy but my lil sister thought he was a girl because of the makeup

but that is really not makeup thats just his demon marks and it just so happen to look like makeup

Sesshomaru Tranquility
02-09-2007, 01:33 PM
He is a guy.. its not his fault he has demon scars on his face... naraku also has that stuff on his eyes... to think you woul;d insult lord sesshomaru that way!!!

Sesshomaru Tranquility
02-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Post removed.
NO DOUBLE POSTING
Read the rules before you start spamming again

-Maru

Daenerys
02-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Is this topic for serious? Of course he's a guy. I mean... SERIOUSLY. you're joking right?

Korobi
02-09-2007, 02:00 PM
The frist time I saw him I knew he was a guy. Does he really look like a girl?! I mean besides the long hair.

sakura_haruno25
02-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Well, just like many ppl mentioned in this thread, sesshomaru obviously seems like a guy at first glance....of course pll have different views of things but seshomaru? Don't u think he looks like a guy? I mean with those masculine features and that arrogant deep voice, i think the vast majority would see him as a guy

Karito Sama
02-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Male!

Sesshoumaru has always looked male to me lol
...altho the eyeliner isnt helping his case...
^///^

Therebel and me get into a debate about this atleast once a month
(i won darn it!)
he is the definition of a bishonen

Toodles!
Foxy

I agree completely :D

AnkoMitarashi
02-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Sesshomaru is a boy...when I first look at him I thought he was a male and that was right. Even though he has a few feminine and slender features, it doesn't mean he is a girl.

That's Impossible
02-09-2007, 05:09 PM
I at first site totally new he way a guy i mean how could he not be,
although that eyeliner does'nt really help his case..... Oo''

Serenith Youkai
02-12-2007, 02:09 PM
I thought Sesshomaru was a guy, I was used to seeing alot of guys who resembled girls. So I would have been suprised if he was a girl, Then would have freaked out lol.

Hamashimura
02-12-2007, 02:12 PM
When I saw him for the first time,I knew he was male...
I mean,just look at him,he certain does not looks like female...

WhatIsAUserName
02-13-2007, 11:27 PM
The first time I saw him, I thought he was a guy. But it's true that he does kinda look like a girl.

But of course, I wasn't really sure, especially after seeing people like Integra Hellsing.

Twilight Chords
02-17-2007, 12:08 AM
wth!OF COURSE HES A GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its those feminine features that make him awesome!

Kimuro Asuna
02-18-2007, 08:05 PM
I was a little confused but I knew it was a guy. (Hopefully he is not a girl, that would not be a pretty person...)

SesshoumaruOtaku
02-23-2007, 06:24 PM
It's obvious he's a guy, a pretty guy, but a guy nonetheless. I never had any doubts about the matter.

Oodzuchi
03-06-2007, 08:31 AM
I knew that he is a male before I saw him.

shadow hacker
03-16-2007, 08:59 PM
i think hes a guy

shinobi dog
03-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Inuyasha calls him brother the first time i have seen him

angelic_assasin
03-16-2007, 10:50 PM
i am acctually having a hard time trying to remember...its been soooo long since my first time seeing sesshy...the first time i saw him was in the manga and heck did i think i he looked like a girl. but i cant remember if inuyasha said 'brother' or not at the time, i just remember that he was girly looking.
Im pretty sure i knew he was a guy though...just a extremly femine looking guy^^'

Angel Yumi
03-17-2007, 02:17 AM
We're just the same with your cousin.I also thought Sesshoumaru was a girl because of his elegant face,but when i saw the series,i really feel sad because he was a guy.

ino_09
03-20-2007, 02:18 AM
i think he is a boy

when you look at him very straight at him you'll see

and he's kind acute ^_^

Manzardinia
03-20-2007, 04:57 AM
I always knew Sesshomaru was a male. Even before I heard his voice, I thought he was a male because of the way he dressed. Not too many females have two swords in animes. Besides the fact that I just thought he was a "pretty boy." Not necessarily a female.

Kagome
03-20-2007, 04:54 PM
I always knew Sesshomaru was a male. Even before I heard his voice, I thought he was a male because of the way he dressed. Not too many females have two swords in animes. Besides the fact that I just thought he was a "pretty boy." Not necessarily a female.

Two...? He started with one, Tenseiga..and he didn't use it till Rin. He did get two, but he's going to end it with only one also because the Tokijin was shattered.

Scarlet Wings
03-20-2007, 10:08 PM
I knew right away he was a guy. Then I like fell in love =]

Carus Mortuus
03-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I always knew Sessy was a guy (like my nickname for him lol XD) I've always thought the marks on his face made him look awsome! I love Sessy!

*Kayako*
03-20-2007, 10:55 PM
He just seemed like a guy... so i don't know where you could get girl from

katrina03
03-21-2007, 10:41 PM
who thinks he's a she?!:mad: he's not!he's a real tough guy...but in a way, he's handsome...:rolleyes:

Creed~Diskenth
03-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Let's put it this way; we can all agree that he is a very effeminate man, I mean - not many men were eyeliner and carry around a fluffy scarf.. that seems a bit off to me. When I first saw Sesshomaru I knew he was a guy, because obviously his build and the way he dresses is not similar to a woman. Yet, he is just a tad girly.. that's ALL I am saying, I'm not going to go overboard and claim him to be a girl in man's clothing. x_X

katrina03
03-24-2007, 04:02 AM
oh, i see...heheh...but he's really a he...^^

Matsumoto
03-28-2007, 07:57 AM
hes 100% man lol its completely obvious that he is a guy, i bet he probably posted a thread on HF (human forum) asking if you were a guy or a girl...we'll never know.....

Breezy
04-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Let's put it this way; we can all agree that he is a very effeminate man, I mean - not many men were eyeliner and carry around a fluffy scarf.. that seems a bit off to me.

Well he doesn't wear eyeliner(like before the show starts he goes in his dressing room where is makeup artist applies his makeup) Those are his demon marks(like his father had, inuyasha got, and many other demons on the show has). Also that Fluffy Scarf which no one knows what it is for can not be seen as a girly sign because his father had two Fluffy Scarfs and was known as one of the most powerful demons ever to walk their earth.

BEHIND THE MASK
04-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Well he doesn't wear eyeliner(like before the show starts he goes in his dressing room where is makeup artist applies his makeup) Those are his demon marks(like his father had, inuyasha got, and many other demons on the show has). Also that Fluffy Scarf which no one knows what it is for can not be seen as a girly sign because his father had two Fluffy Scarfs and was known as one of the most powerful demons ever to walk their earth.

I think the Boa (or Scarf, whatever) is like those concealed Blades that Sanog wears... He used it as a weapon in a fight with Inuyasha, its like a concealed weapon thats fully exposed.

and ya, I dont think that stuff they wear is make-up either... The only ones I can recall that really wear make-up was the Band of Seven, though, Jakotsu had an excuse. He was gay.

K-Yakushi & Erolracer
04-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Since i'm so used to seeing Male Japanese characters that are "pretty", i could NEVER have mistaken him for a girl. I mean, i've played Final Fantasy XII, where a little kid resembles a girl a little too much, but is in fact a guy. I've watched Naruto! Haku looks more feminine than Sesshomaru! It's just one of those things that i can tell instantly. And i've only read the manga, so i wouldn't have been able to judge a voice. Sadly...

Gouki
04-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Well when I first seen Sesshoumaru I kinda did mistake him for a woman.
But anyone first seeing that anime might think he is a women at first. Untill he speaks and then your...yep its a guy.

Kagome
04-18-2007, 09:31 PM
And i've only read the manga, so i wouldn't have been able to judge a voice. Sadly...

Really? Kudos to you for that then! I hope you keep it that way. ::bows::

K-Yakushi & Erolracer
04-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Really? Kudos to you for that then! I hope you keep it that way. ::bows::

Thanks, but they never did the anime here, so i would have seen it and heard his voice if they did. Ah well...i can dream the voices up.

Hmmm.....Sesshomaru has got very pretty hair though, for a guy. Thought i'd say that.

Breezy
04-18-2007, 09:37 PM
But anyone first seeing that anime might think he is a women at first. Untill he speaks and then your...yep its a guy.

Well not actually because he does not have the many characteristics of women that you would usually see in Anime
but if this was your first anime ever and you never seen a pretty male then yes you would think he was a girl

BEHIND THE MASK
04-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Well not actually because he does not have the many characteristics of women that you would usually see in Anime
but if this was your first anime ever and you never seen a pretty male then yes you would think he was a girl

This was my first Anime and I knew he was a guy... Even before he spoke...

Though, when I first saw a character like Jakotsu I was stumped. But with Sesshomaru, ya, I knew he was a guy.

Breezy
04-18-2007, 09:51 PM
This was my first Anime and I knew he was a guy... Even before he spoke...

Though, when I first saw a character like Jakotsu I was stumped. But with Sesshomaru, ya, I knew he was a guy.

See but to me Sesshomaru doesn't physically look like a girl.
And with Jakotsu I knew he was a guy because in (Inuyasha) They either have the women dressed like they are street walkers, school girls, or traditional Japanese women.

BEHIND THE MASK
04-18-2007, 09:54 PM
See but to me Sesshomaru doesn't physically look like a girl.
And with Jakotsu I knew he was a guy because in (Inuyasha) They either have the women dressed like they are street walkers, school girls, or traditional Japanese women.

Ya but I wasn't looking to much into the dressings, I was lisitening to the dialogue and at first I thought it was some kind of crush like Yura had with his Silver hair... I know better now.

So, it seems pretty ,uch established that the majority believed Sesshomaru to be a guy upon first apperances.

Breezy
04-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Ya but I wasn't looking to much into the dressings, I was lisitening to the dialogue and at first I thought it was some kind of crush like Yura had with his Silver hair... I know better now.

yeah but even with his dialogue I could tell he was on the other side of the fence because he was tring to talk like a girl

(_YvOnSo_)
04-18-2007, 10:21 PM
The first time i saw him, i thought he was a male. I don't see anything of him being a girl, though.

Aki Uruki
04-20-2007, 07:41 AM
yes sesshamaru is a man... I mean it is definite in the anime the instant you hear his voice and it was confirmed in the manga when Inuyasha says He's my brother....also when he had the mortal arm from Naraku...he reveals a flat chest... I knew he was a man the first time I saw him but I know people who thought he was a woman because of the long hair...even Inuyasha for that matter.

Eraiza
04-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Actually, I thought he was a guy because of his countenance [and i think he looks charming as well] and because he was hanging around with Rin and Jaken.And his attitude was a guy-attitude. XD

Shadow of Life
04-21-2007, 11:59 AM
The first time I saw her I though she was a girl=) realy

kilala_the_kitty
04-21-2007, 12:06 PM
i knew he was a guy but he kinda did look like a girl

katrina03
04-30-2007, 12:03 AM
he's a guy...really...^^

Perpetual Specter
04-30-2007, 09:34 PM
I knew he was a guy ,his voice was proof for me

Kira712
05-05-2007, 01:53 AM
I thought he was a guy when I first saw him. He seemed guy-ish when I saw him and sounded mannish when I heard him... most girls seem "girly" but when in doubt I look at the chest. Jakotsu seemed exceptionally girly but had nothing up top so it had to be a guy, lol. Sorry if I'm being too blunt. :laugh:

maximillian_cross
05-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Heh, even a fool can tell first time he sees Sesshoumaru, a guy. Who would think of him as a girl anyway. He's got that masculine build.

hizuka_29
05-05-2007, 03:50 AM
the first time i saw him...i know that he's a boy...and he's so cute.... and i luv his character...arogant but kind... especially when he help the little girl...

.Lovebeat
05-05-2007, 05:06 AM
Sesshomaru is a boy...when I first look at him I thought he was a male and that was right. Even though he has a few feminine and slender features, it doesn't mean he is a girl.
Same here, and I agree with you~
What makes him look like a girl (in my eyes) is probably his "make-up" and his long hair and his... eh, well, girly eyes.

Though I thought he was a male first time I saw him anyway.

zyronet
05-05-2007, 05:28 AM
he's definitely a boy.. nahh.. its what i think..

Sakura san
05-10-2007, 02:50 AM
Sesshoumaur is a girl.....
If he is a girl,how can he like Kagura,who is a girl....
They could already be lesbians......
It makes sense right?

Kagome
05-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Sesshoumaur is a girl.....
If he is a girl,how can he like Kagura,who is a girl....
They could already be lesbians......
It makes sense right?

WHAT?! O-o Sesshourmaru is not a girl...and neither he nor Kagura were lesbians.

Infinite Rave
05-10-2007, 03:30 PM
I Thought he was a guy as soon as I first saw him....does he look like a girl?...well I dont think so o_O...

Demonic Ice Dragon
05-10-2007, 03:33 PM
The first time I saw Sesshomaru I KNEW he was a guy. Why; BECAUSE HE WAS NAKED, K? xD I loved that episode. c_c

Sawada Ieyasu
05-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Uhm. When I first saw it, sadly, I thought Sesshomaru was a girl. But when I saw him attack his brother, I figured, Sesso was a guy. Even yes, with the eyeliner crap, he looks like a guy, now that I think about it. There's nothing bad with thinking of this Character either way. Just my opinion, though. -- Owari

Antares
05-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I knew he was a guy since I first saw him... I think I have grown used to male characters having female features sometimes ._.

jechocochan
06-12-2007, 03:38 AM
I think I thought he was a girl for a few seconds. It was really hard to tell. But once you hear his voice and all it becomes somewhat clearer. There are some angles that make Sesshomaru look very girly sometimes...:)

sakushi12
06-12-2007, 04:08 AM
When i first saw Sesshoumaru i knew he was a guy its so clear!

Neko Yasha
06-12-2007, 03:27 PM
It's obvious that most people thought that Sesshoumaru wasa boy. You can't really blame the people who thought he was a girl. I mean, I'm pretty sure many of us thought he was girl for at least one second. (no offense to Sesshoumaru fans!)

[[~Anemone~]]
06-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I honestly thought he was a girl, the hair just confused me just like Inuyasha I thought both were girls. But now that I know that they are not they very sexy boys.

MysticFairyDrmz
06-12-2007, 06:16 PM
i really dont see how anyone thinks he looks like a girl. I thought he was a guy right off. However if he were a girl he would make a pretty one. :p

GaiSensei
06-12-2007, 06:19 PM
I knew it was a guy... but I was a little confused at first

If I look at him too long, I'll feel like a lesbian xD

Sobriquet
06-12-2007, 06:22 PM
The first time I saw Sesshomaru, I knew he was a guy.

Princess Reina
06-13-2007, 03:39 AM
I knew he was a guy, I'm not blind -.-

ino_09
06-17-2007, 12:34 AM
for me he looks a boy

but when i first saw him

he looks like a girl

inuyasha_lover27
06-17-2007, 08:20 PM
i know he was a guy cuz i know the history. but the first time i saw him i thought he was a guy:)

Ultra Dull
06-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes, yes I thought Sesshomaru was a girl and I thought since Kagome was talking about Inuyasha's old girlfriend and Fukai Mori came on after that, I thought Sesshomaru was Inuyasha's old girlfriend. Lol.

Truth
06-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Your cousin has issues or has been living in a cave. Long hair does not a girl make. He was obviously a guy because any woman in an anime past the age of 17 usually has huge breasts. He has none.

Kagome
06-20-2007, 04:21 PM
....O.o;; not to mention Kikyou was the "old girl friend." Though a girl friend she hardly made...She merely felt pity for the hanyou....Inu Sessh incest....eeuugghh...::shudders violently::

Jins_Ninja_Lover
06-20-2007, 06:22 PM
he's neither a boy or a gurl how bout that!? lol
he's a man ^_^

lol....the first time i saw the anime ( i actually just caught the ending)
he was just stanind there with the wind blowing on him and the dragon and his fathers fang...
and i was just like " dang....this guy is somethin else. he must be one of the bad guys..." i mean...you could just se it in his face...you didn't have to watch the anime..

i mean...he just has that "you better respect me" thing about him...

and honestly enough i wouldn't be one to mess with him ^_^

eh...but thats just my opinion! (.)__(.)

~Pure Soul~
06-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Yeah I knew he was a guy. I guess when you watch anime's for a while. By just looking at them you'll know.

rubymoonlight
06-28-2007, 07:40 PM
I knew he was a girl. I have much experience with guys looking like girls and have been able to find out which is which lol

*.:Endless Sky:.*
06-28-2007, 07:43 PM
....uh...

The only time he looks like a girl at ALL is in the manga...certainly NOT in the anime...

Yoshiie
06-29-2007, 04:04 AM
Of course he is a man. What else he coud be?
Althou I admit he has some sort of femine signs... ;)
Sesshomaru sama:awe:

Anime_Freak7416
06-29-2007, 06:23 PM
I knew he was a guy but my cousin thought he was a girl. Anybody else thought that too?? ( I personally think the make-up makes him hotter):p

i actually agree with you..but the "make-up" is actually his demon marks..much like Inu Yasha gets when he transforms..

Wio
06-29-2007, 08:38 PM
I didn't get the chance to mistaken him for a girl, but he doesn't have the things that most anime girls have, which makes them girly.

Mr.Moomoo
06-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I knew he was a dude.

dream magician
06-30-2007, 03:26 AM
Definitely a GUY!

ruby_red_angel
07-02-2007, 03:16 AM
i knew he was a guy,the pictures of him make him look like a girl,but not feminine enough to fool this angel!!!!!:D

Ari_86
07-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Umm..i kinda knew he was a guy. But shippo i kinda thought was a girl. he looks like hes a girl kinda.

darkcrystalofthebluemoon
07-02-2007, 03:46 AM
I research the series before I watch, even before I began researching Inuyasha it was just obvious to me he was a guy. A bishie sort.

keezy.
07-04-2007, 01:23 AM
i thought he was a guy bcuz in the fedural era i've only seen priestess wear pants, other then that woman normally wear dresses. and since he was wearing pants i assumed he was a guy

Hitsugaya389
07-05-2007, 02:24 PM
He's a guy but i think he's actually a girl trapped in a guy's body

Miss Tsukkii
07-09-2007, 11:57 PM
I knew it was a guy... since my sister told me it was InuYasha's father O.o

Errant
07-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Sessy is not Inuyasha's father. Watch Movie 3. That's his father and sesshy's father. Also note the big giant bones in the opening of the first season? That's his grave. Anyone who watched the first season knows this clearly. ;o

.:B:.:R:.:I:.:E:.
07-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Even the first time I saw Sesshomaru I knew he was a guy......a really hot guy :redface:

animeotaku15
07-20-2007, 03:54 PM
I knew Sesshomaru was another one of those pretty boys when I first saw him. I used to dislike him but now he's gained my respect.

Azel
07-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Sesshomaru's not a girl? WTH!!!!?

Kagome
07-20-2007, 08:00 PM

Henh! This could be so true! He's probably also the president/founder of the Avon Make up company too, later in modern times, and we just don't know it.

Sawada Ieyasu
07-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Lmao, Kagome. Very true. xD

MasterLuna
07-25-2007, 11:03 PM
The first time I saw Sesshy, I knew he was a guy. I had no doubts in my mind about his gender. He looks sorta like a girl what with the long hair and make up, but his chin looks a little more defined than a girl's which seems to be slightly rounder. His eyes also don't show the same sort of softness that some girls do. His chest was also flat, therefore, I figured that he was a guy. >_>

tears of sorrow
07-26-2007, 12:43 PM
A guy. cuz of his eyes and how tall he was. That was a dead give away.

Anjiru Ookami
08-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Well I understand that some people did think Seshomaru was a girl when they first saw him. And its completely understandable. Most people are too used to either extremely manly guys, or just not feminine guys. So I can understand that they thought he was a she.

But...I personally just didn't care the first time I ever watched Inuyasha, I took one look at Inuyasha and Seshomaru fighting and thought "...Why am I watching this junk? ...Lets go watch something mindless and violent like monster cars so I can draw and ignore the television completely" ...But I suppose the second time Inuyasha came on and I saw Seshomaru...I thought he was just a 'fabulous' he XD

bttr
08-14-2007, 04:15 PM
I thought to myself "Dude Looks Like A Lady" XD

-Ana`ism'
08-27-2007, 02:23 PM
um, I'm pretty (aka 100%:p :)) sure he's a guy. never even thought about him being a girl...

Eichikun
08-28-2007, 12:11 AM
I thought he had to be a guy. just a feeling but he was extremely rude and errogent.

VraieEsprit
08-28-2007, 05:18 AM
Honestly, I never had any doubts that he was a he. He doesn't carry himself like a girl, even if he has long hair ^_^.

The only Inu character that ever confused me slightly was erm...one of the band of 7, whose name eludes me. The one with the sword that slices people up.

At first I did do a doubletake with him ;) But never with Sess.

Vraie

Kalt96
09-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Of, course he is a guy, how can you even doubt about it?

Anjiru Ookami
09-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Of, course he is a guy, how can you even doubt about it?
Maybe because he has a very female face?

Faceless111
09-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Where's the "both" option in the poll?

Jagan Eye
09-04-2007, 06:34 PM
If anyones a girl, its Shippo. Sesshomaru is definitely not a girl. He doesn't even look like one of those mis drawn anime guys that look like girls.

Kawairashii hikari
09-04-2007, 06:46 PM
^ agreed Sesshoumaru looks nothing like a girl, or even one of those girly type of guys that are drawn in that anime, i knew he was a guy right off the back...as 4 Shippo, totaly, he was the one i though was a girl at first probably frum his voice though

hoshima haruna
10-02-2007, 09:57 PM
i say he's a guy but at times he does look girlish

Bragi
10-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Are you serious in asking?? He's Inu yasha's Big bro! not Big sis! >_<

Tenchi_fan
10-02-2007, 11:59 PM
LOL. Are you kidding! Sesshomaru is a guy! :laugh:
And also Sesshomaru doesn't look like a girl he's HOT!:love:

YuU
10-10-2007, 07:52 AM
i think Sesshoumaru is male,,because his voice in anime i so dEep,,,and his not look like a prety boy,,,,but his cool,,,,misteryous,,,,,hehe,,,,

Youkai Girl
10-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Lol i thought he was a girl too,same with Inuyasha...honestly i was dissapointed they were guys:))

Kagome
10-11-2007, 12:06 PM
....Wow....just...just wow...x.x;; I had people not being able to tell anime guys from girls pegged on neophytes in anime otaku-dom.

Divinity
10-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I don't think I ever saw Sesshoumaru as a girl. He's got a very feminine look, but a lot of Japanese guys do nowadays.

If Sess were a girl, though, he'd be a very hot one. :D

Finvarra
10-18-2007, 06:30 PM
He doesn't have boobs.
Boy.

Insurgo
10-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Boy. I mean the voice, come on, I never seen a girl with such a masculine voice.

Kagome
10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
He doesn't have boobs.
Boy.

not having boobs does not make you a guy! And having boobs does not make you a girl! >O

Physically what defines a male vs a female falls between two things: THEIR LEGS.

Emako Blue
10-24-2007, 07:35 PM
I thought that he was a man, he's so fine. A bit cold and ruthless too.

Jose
10-24-2007, 07:48 PM
he is a guy well duh that's is why rin likes him so much

ReccaReichiri16
10-26-2007, 03:52 AM
The first time I saw him I know that he's a boy.

Dark Ninja
11-05-2007, 08:16 AM
The 1st time I saw him, I already know that he's a boy.

ChibiSasukex
11-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Guy i think it was the long hair that knock me off thinking he was a girl 1st

Juunana Gou
11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Guy i think it was the long hair that knock me off thinking he was a girl 1st
You know I thought that very same thing Chibi Sasuke. Seriously. Sesshoumaru looked like a chick at first to me. He still does, even though I know he's a guy. ;)

rubberbabybuggybumper
11-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Does he look like a guy or a girl? ...Seriously!? I thought it was pretty obvious Sesshoumaru was a guy the first time I saw him, even with the long hair. But a girl? Come on, a girl. Seriously!?

Uchiha Mondo
11-07-2007, 05:50 AM
sesshumaru is a guy

Dopam1ne
11-07-2007, 07:08 AM
I thought he was a guy. In fact, there is no first time at all... because Inuyasha says before meeting him that he has a brother.

He does not look like a girl. He's totally a man :D

gaarachibi1945
11-21-2007, 08:53 PM
At first I seriously thought "he" was a girl! The first episode I said that is totally a woman! But after my friend said Sesshomaru was a man, my face turned red from me blushing!! I was so freakin embarrased!!! He seriously looks like a woman with the make up on!! :banghead:

Kagome
11-21-2007, 09:23 PM
What make-up? That's part of his face. o.O Skin tones man. Skin tones...and birth marks perhaps.

MistrsEvilKitten
11-22-2007, 01:25 AM
I never for the slightest moment thought he was a girl! He's too masculine for that.

kaori_tenshi
11-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Sesshoumaru always was a male to me.

My brother always says that Sesshoumaru is a women... >___>

my brother knows nothing.

hehe Sesshoumaru always looks so fluffy, I just wanna go up and glomp him >,<

MistrsEvilKitten
11-24-2007, 05:28 PM
kaori_tenshi, your bro is just jealous! :)

shirogane_hitsugaya
12-04-2007, 01:02 AM
i thought he was a girl when i first saw him...but after a second,i notice he was a guy.....don't know for what reason....
but i just vote that he's a girl,for fun....it's my first impression anyway...

lovelicious
12-04-2007, 08:28 PM
I never thought that Sesshoumaru is a girl. His voice and his face is just too masculine. o.O

Caelus
12-15-2007, 04:43 PM
I thought it was a boy, but only because of his eyes. Just made me think "evil dude" right away.

かごめ
12-15-2007, 05:44 PM
I never thought he was a girl, he always struck me as a male...But I voted girl just for the hell of it. xD

Asriel
12-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Truthfully, the first time I saw him,
I thought he was a girl and I had turnt around thinking its a girl,and then he started talking...............
I turnt around really fast surprised because then I new that he was a guy.I got scared thinking that maybe they had a guy doing a woman,than I luaghed at myself for thinking such a dumb thought.^^

dark_blue
12-22-2007, 01:01 AM
of cause he's a guy. handsome guy

Anita Tseu
01-07-2008, 03:06 AM
I knew he was a guy the first time I saw him...I know long hair is girly, but hey, lots of guys have long hair...so yeah...I knew he was a guy from the start...but I like his makeup ^_^ its hot...>.<; even Naraku wears makeup and has long hair! :P lol.

Lune Cy
01-07-2008, 03:24 AM
its a guy...

Gero50
01-07-2008, 04:05 PM
When i first saw him i new he was a guy cause of his smart mouth now fans i don't mean to speek bad of him in fact that is one of the reasons i am a fan myself. not to sound sexiest but most women in that time didn't ware stuff like that so ya I could tell right from the start plus he is Inuyasha's Brother i think that'll give it away
u see i read the manga first before seeing the animie so I new that

dublover kikyo
02-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I knew he was a guy ever since I saw him. lol

NinnaMoon
02-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Ok, I definantly thought Sessy was a guy!! If not, I'd feel some type of way if he wasn't.......:eek:

~*Red*~
02-15-2008, 08:17 PM
I kind of knew he was a guy ever since I watched his first appearance in Inyuasha.

jewel2sparkle
02-15-2008, 08:41 PM
He's an "it."

Professor Chang
02-17-2008, 11:53 AM
What a kind of guy is Sesshomaru?? a rare guy completely handsome for some people.

Tsuki.
02-17-2008, 12:23 PM
How could anyone not tell he's a boy? He's the best character there is. I don't have a crush on him, I just completely admire him... I hate it when people say he looks like a girl... InuYasha has long hair too. Besides... when you see him without a left arm, he doesn't really look like a girl... or if you see him mad with red eyes...:( :banghead: :wacko: :eek:

http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_13716647b38e3e2369d.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=25845) http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_13716647b38e3e389d9.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=25846)

KazuYuki
04-07-2008, 11:10 AM
wth!OF COURSE HES A GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its those feminine features that make him awesome!

quite right if it wasn't for those features he wouldn't be one of my fave characters
oh yeah anof course he's a guy what re you guys thinking:p

SuXrys
04-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Before Sesshoumaru fans start screaming WTH! I just wanna know if the first time you saw Sesshoumaru did you think he was a boy or girl. I knew he was a guy but my cousin thought he was a girl. Anybody else thought that too?? ( I personally think the make-up makes him hotter):p

what? O_O I saw it was a guy from the very start. lol. am I that weird if I cant, in any way, even think he could be a girl? Come on, sure you can see that he was a guy even the first time? :D

kagome_windy
04-12-2008, 05:44 AM
I knew he was a guy.....

SupaWeena
04-12-2008, 07:40 PM
I love my sesshy dearly but sadly when my friend first showed me is picture i was like "dude, what a weird looking chick....Talk about issues with makeup...." I am now foever shamed *goes to emo corner*

Digital Dragon
04-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Wow, dissing anime characters for looking feminine is like so uncool. This is done so often in anime you would think people would be used to it by now. Face makeup and long hair cannot be considered a way of judging the gender of anime characters.:noevil: Let us speak no more of this.

IchigoKiss
04-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Sesshomaru is a dude not a dude-ette
He reminds me of Ayame somehow..

vampire_knight_gurl136
04-15-2008, 09:12 PM
his a guy. why would you think he is a girl? :ninja:

TsuchiKin/Tayuya
04-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Why did you make this thread!!:closedeye He is guy!! I'm sure most people would agree!:huh: :oy: :weirdthre

Kagome
04-19-2008, 01:21 AM
Why did you make this thread!!:closedeye He is guy!! I'm sure most people would agree!:huh: :oy: :weirdthre

There have been and still are...MUCH wierder threads than this one...o.O;;

Though, considering, I dunno why no one's started a thread for "Who Thought Inuyasha was a Cat Boy instead of a Dog Boy?'" >> << Buut anyway...

Sesshi is a guy...but both he and Naraku wear eyeshadow....Byakuya of the mirage did too-I think...

Funkgun
04-19-2008, 03:46 AM
He is a pretty boy.

SupaWeena
04-22-2008, 08:14 PM
you know he reminds me of Yuko Kurama...(i think i spelled that right)

rEikAbLeU
05-09-2008, 08:23 PM
i think he's really a guy...
though you can think she is a girl, and if she is, do you think she's cute?? LOL!

Sashikizu
05-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Fluffy-sama just has a very pretty face. He isn't sexually confusing like bloody Shippo. I'm still not sure what it is.

SupaWeena
05-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Fluffy-sama just has a very pretty face. He isn't sexually confusing like bloody Shippo. I'm still not sure what it is.

I swear on lady kaede's grave i kept telling myself that shippou was a bloody girl.....3 months i believed.....then i was proven wrong At least i am not the only one who doubts shippou's gender!

FMA_Luver
05-25-2008, 02:30 PM
I knew he was a guy from the start.No matter how girly a guy looks,or how guy-ish a girl looks,I can always tell if they're a boy or a girl.

Yuki Atsuma
05-26-2008, 11:37 AM
I knew he was a guy when i first saw him.

aishiteru333
05-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Definitely thought he was a guy. It's so obvious!

Linen
06-10-2008, 11:28 PM
I thought he was a girl, only until i saw the front of his face, it was my first time seeing a man with that long of hair, i was pretty young.

LaranaSarahLei
06-14-2008, 10:39 AM
The only reason I was certian it was a guy was Jaken with the whole 'Lord Sesshoumaru'...That being beside the point, he has a super deep voice(compared to that of a girl)

bluewolfjelly
06-14-2008, 08:38 PM
How could anyone not tell he's a boy? He's the best character there is. I don't have a crush on him, I just completely admire him... I hate it when people say he looks like a girl... InuYasha has long hair too. Besides... when you see him without a left arm, he doesn't really look like a girl... or if you see him mad with red eyes...:( :banghead: :wacko: :eek:

http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_13716647b38e3e2369d.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=25845) http://www.animeforum.com/image/thum_13716647b38e3e389d9.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=25846)
I agree.

KLMachinate
06-15-2008, 12:15 AM
I always thought he was a guy, but I can see how you could mistake him for a girl. Until he starts talking, that is.

akazukin chacha
06-17-2008, 08:12 PM
I really thought even at the first time I saw him that he was a guy...I don
't see him as a girl because I seen some characters in anime like that...^^

hirokiaibalovex3
06-18-2008, 01:52 AM
It might be possible for someone to mistake Sesshomaru for a girl at first glance, although I'm pretty sure he is a guy.

ichigoangel06
06-27-2008, 03:26 PM
I knew that my Sesshy was a guy when i first saw him...:D ..i thought that he was a really cool guy..;) ..although in the manga he looks more towards a girl....*no offense*:p

Orcius
06-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Hes defenetly a guy but it does seem hardto tell at first glance

mississippibaby
06-30-2008, 08:58 PM
I knew right away he was a guy. Then I like fell in love =]

i did too how can you not. he looks too manly to be a girl

Yoko Littner
06-30-2008, 10:35 PM
I thought he was a boy at first glance but I can see why someone would me mistake him to be a female.

inOue
07-01-2008, 04:35 AM
no doubt, he's a male..

TsuchiKin/Tayuya
07-05-2008, 12:47 PM
ok...HE'S A BOY!!!!!!!:banghead::glare::glare::angry1::angry1: :angry1: I have some facts to prove it:
1.His name:"maru" is a suffix used only in masculine names!!!!
2.He sounds masculine.
3.He doesn't have breasts.
4.Everyone calls him a guy, like:Lord Sesshomaru or Sesshomaru-sama or oni-san(big brother).

Note:I'm not flaming I'm just stating facts to back up my opinion.:closedeye To all of you who knew, I'm just providing facts not calling you stupid there just those who don't get it.

Kagome
07-05-2008, 02:27 PM
ok...HE'S A BOY!!!!!!!:banghead::glare::glare::angry1::angry1: :angry1: I have some facts to prove it:
1.His name:"maru" is a suffix used only in masculine names!!!!
2.He sounds masculine.
3.He doesn't have breasts.
4.Everyone calls him a guy, like:Lord Sesshomaru or Sesshomaru-sama or oni-san(big brother).

Note:I'm not flaming I'm just stating facts to back up my opinion.:closedeye To all of you who knew, I'm just providing facts not calling you stupid there just those who don't get it.

WHOA-WHOA-calm down chickie...No one was saying he wasn't male. >.>

This thread is asking if you THOUGHT he was a girl when you first saw him. Ya dun need proof that he's a guy. Everyone knows he is.

Deadly Kiss
07-12-2008, 01:30 PM
when I first saw Shesshomaru I thought he was a boy because I am an opera singer and with the type of voice that I have I am frequently asked to play young boys. So I can usually tell when someone is pretending to be a member of the opposite gender.

nekosenshi
08-01-2008, 10:18 AM
I knew he was a guy.

The Nightingale
08-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Haha, I pinned him as a boy right away, *goes fangirl* I LOVE him!

Aysami_Kishima
08-12-2008, 06:03 PM
i knew that he was a dude the 1st time i saw him. CHA!!Sesshomaru is sooo hot. hehe^^

None of the above
08-13-2008, 06:48 AM
Why not hermaphrodite?

It's an anime. Everything's thinkable and doable.

Doctor One
08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Sesshomaru looks like a girl. His eyes and brow are narrow and he has a very thick set of lashes. AND HE HAS EYE MAKE-UP ON. SERIOUSLY.
It's alot more than his long hair.
Inuyasha is drawn with a boys eyes and face.
Who still identifies gender by hair anyway?

Raineyu-san
08-16-2008, 12:26 PM
I always knew he was a guy. I can tell by the way his eyes are and his face.

N-Zero
08-16-2008, 01:21 PM
With anime you just don't know sometimes. I thought he was a he, but my brother thought he was a she.

lynksys
08-17-2008, 09:12 PM
I wasn't sure at first, but no girl transforms into a dog demon to get her arm hacked off by a halfdemon. Thats when I was convinced that she was actually a he.

MemoriesWithin
08-20-2008, 01:44 AM
:laugh: I always knew he was a guy

kleyrxD
08-20-2008, 03:22 AM
he's clearly a guy. It's pretty obvious coz i havent seen a feminine side of Sesshoumaru.

yilin
08-20-2008, 03:26 AM
of course, he is a boy!!!!!!!!!
he's so cool and super masculine! LOL!^^

DiscoCarrot
08-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Sesshomaru, always looked like a guy to me?

Happi Giraffe!
08-25-2008, 11:18 AM
The very first time i saw him i only thought he was a girl for about half a second. Then i recognized him as a guy.

VampiressRayne
09-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Before I actually got into InuYasha, I thought he was a girl. My sister told me that he was a guy, but I didn't believe her until I started watching it. Mainly because of his long hair, the make-up like marks on his eyelids, and his long fingernails (claws).

Rem Nightfall
09-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Agreed, this is what I thought the very first time I saw him.

WolfShot
09-05-2008, 04:45 PM
I could tell that he was a guy the first time Rumiko Takahashi introduced him into the series.

Inumaru
09-20-2008, 01:46 PM
if you just look at him for like, a nano second, you'd think he was a girl. but then you realize his dad had long hair, so does Inuyasha. so guy. but my first thought was " OMG they have a girl that looks like a jock!"

Amii132
09-21-2008, 05:31 AM
First time I saw Sesshoumaru i knew its a he and late in the Episodes that inuyasha and sesshoumaru were brothers so i know it can be mistaken that he looked like a girl but he's a guy LOL XD

Azul
10-15-2008, 02:30 PM
What!!!WHAAAAAATTTTT!!!! Of course he's a guy. A hot, sexy i want a piece of him guy. I'm gonna marry that guy, he is too fine for words.

That anyone could mistake my sweet Sesshoumarou for a girl is just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Have you seen him.

He is all man and mine.

Azul

sailormoon21
10-19-2008, 06:54 PM
when i first saw him i did think it was a girl but i after wathcing a few of the shows i now know its a male.

lynksys
10-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Mhmmm, he really sounds like a girl.
(sarcasm)