PDA

View Full Version : Professional/Hardcore Video Gamers Wanted

Knightmare686
01-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Okay this thread is for everyone that plays video games alot or even some, but i have whats called a senior project that is coming up and i need the help of animegalleries' members.

My topic is: Is professional Video Gaming considered a sport and its players athletes?

I have one person so far that have done an interview but i need more people to help out with this cause.

If you are a professional gamer and play on any tournments, if you could email me and i can send you an interview question-air.

And if you are the people that arent, well you can decuss my senior project topic and debate it.

Again thank you for your time and ill will award all that take part in this will money (and i mean a large amount).

Regex
01-31-2007, 03:33 PM
a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or staminaDefinitely not athletes.

Eris
01-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Is gaming a sport? No. This is a good thing, since generally when something is made into a sport is stripped of all fun elements and turned into a way of making money for big buissnesses.

Are gamers athletes? Yes. I can see it now, the girls flocking and whispering: Whoa, what a stud! Check out the thumb-muscles on that one. ... I bet he can type 200 wpm! ... No, gamers are not athletes, that's mainly wishful thinking from pasty 25 year old virgins, living in their mothers' basement.

Sagat
01-31-2007, 06:05 PM
The day gamers are considered athletes by the world will be a turning point in human evolution towards the retarded.

Buruku
01-31-2007, 06:09 PM
NO.

To think otherwise would just be silly.

Tetsanosuke
01-31-2007, 09:09 PM
That's a big noperz there. Being a gamer, I play them not to compete but to have fun. Not only that, all evidence placed before my post also shows why the answer is no.

I could understand it being a sport if it was uber-virtual-reality that actually "throws you into the game" but that's science fiction.

Sure! Let's play WoW.

*Click*

Hmm.. where am I?

*Is attacked by boars*

Oh crap!

*He runs*

Where the reset button!?

*There is none, he was somehow put 'into' the world*

Gahh! I wanted WoW not track and field!

*Diez*

End of story.

[BlackDeath]
01-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Definitely not athletes.Yeh but cant you look at it also as, an event where people compete against each other?

They hold events like the CAL/CPL, Evolution, WCG and etc. where most of the serious gamers gather, with prizes up to $100,000 for first place in some of them. Now for playing games that isn't half bad. By definition I suppose it isn't becoming a sport but for most people it is. When the majority of people who believe in something eventually it will happen.

Regex
01-31-2007, 11:18 PM
;1584903']Yeh but cant you look at it also as, an event where people compete against each other?

They hold events like the CAL/CPL, Evolution, WCG and etc. where most of the serious gamers gather, with prizes up to $100,000 for first place in some of them. Now for playing games that isn't half bad. By definition I suppose it isn't becoming a sport but for most people it is. When the majority of people who believe in something eventually it will happen.
By definition, no matter how many people believe the world is flat, the world remains round.

Knightmare686
02-02-2007, 09:12 PM
OKay i see this is a one sided battle, but take in this

With your opinion said about video games and their players, would your opinion change when talking about the hit arcade series, “Dance Dance Revolution?”

Buruku
02-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Not unless you consider dancing a sport, which I don't. And with that game you're merely copying patterns with your feet, so I don't know if you'd even call that real dancing.