PDA

View Full Version : star ocean 3: till the end of time!!

megamanx300
01-29-2007, 06:37 PM
if you like long, sword fighting,awsome story lines and cool characters in a game you should play this.

has anybody played it and enjoyed it as much as i did?

Jose
01-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Yeah i own Star Ocean it's a really good game i finished not to long ago

Rodimus
01-31-2007, 08:09 AM
I've got Star Ocean 3 as well. Haven't finished it yet, been to busy ^_^ but I really like the story to it. I need to get back into it again

Khanxay
01-31-2007, 09:08 AM
I recently started to hate the AA defensive system in the battles. My characters call all do at least 7 hits with one blow. Each hit doing 10000+, then I die from those same attacks....stupid Homing/Multi Homing AA. I really don't feel quite as strong as I am in that game when the normal random encounter monsters kill me.

Militia
01-31-2007, 02:21 PM
I prefered Star Ocean: The Second Story over Star Ocean:Till End of Time for one reason: The MP related death. In TEOT, I would constantly die from MP loss related deaths, where as in TSS MP related deaths were never an issue. TEOT had an interesting Storyline though. Think I prefered TSS over TEOT though.

Aura of the Twilight
02-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I've only played Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. I really loved it. I liked the fighting mode and the extra outfits for the characters so it was like and RPG and a fighting game in one. The story line was awsome. A game within a game, I've had days where my life feels like a game. It was a nice twist and concept.

The Wing Man
02-23-2007, 01:39 PM
I didn't like the game, I kinda hated the fighting system and some of the cut scenes just dragged on too much for me to get into the story.It was kinda a cool game, but gameplay had nothing special about it and I don't think I will play another star ocean game.

Khanxay
02-23-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't think I will play another star ocean game.
Well, before you dislike the series, play Star Ocean: The Second Story on PSOne.(If I could I'd send you one of my copies) I'd list a page of good stuff about it right now if I had time...but trust me...it's compares with FFVII.

Mugetsu
02-23-2007, 01:54 PM
I thought it was a good game. I liked the fact that it wasn't a turn based fighting system. The mp kills were very annoying. I initially liked the story but when I found out the real story I was dissapointed.

氷の動物
02-23-2007, 02:50 PM
I enjoyed Till the End of Time a fair amount, I found the battles to be really fun. Although the game really didn't feel all that big since you don't really visit that many planets in it and of the ones you do your stuck on one for almost the entire game. Also I thought the major plot twist while interesting could have been handled a bit better... it just kinda seems really random... and the ending was also kinda random and not really explained, although I liked the ending since it left the player in charge of deciding what really happened.

The only thing I totally despised in the game was the MP deaths, that was completely ridiculous because even if you had people with extremely high MP it didn't matter because say for instance the final boss, he could MP kill my people with just one attack and there really aren't very many items that are helpful for reviving people who have been MP slaughtered; for the entire final battle I had to basically play as a healer and baby sit my two melee characters as they died like every 20 seconds and hope that they could kill him before I ran out of items.

Still overall its a fun and interesting game.

Khanxay
02-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Although the game really didn't feel all that big since you don't really visit that many planets in it and of the ones you do your stuck on one for almost the entire game.

Yeah. About 3-4 planets. Not exactly searching across the galaxy.

Also I thought the major plot twist while interesting could have been handled a bit better... it just kinda seems really random...
[/COLOR]
Well, Square Enix tried to connect Star Ocean TTEOT with its predecesors.

The Time Gate you encouter that leads to the 4th dimension is the exact same one from Tales of Phantasia. [/COLOR[COLOR=#ffff00]

and the ending was also kinda random and not really explained, although I liked the ending since it left the player in charge of deciding what really happened.

I also felt the ending to be a bit...out of place

The only thing I totally despised in the game was the MP deaths, that was completely ridiculous because even if you had people with extremely high MP it didn't matter because say for instance the final boss, he could MP kill my people with just one attack and their really aren't very many items that are helpful for reviving people who have been MP slaughtered; for the entire final battle I had to basically play as a healer and baby sit my two melee characters as they died like every 20 seconds and hope that they could kill him before I ran out of items.

Yeah. I think Square Enix tried to balance certain things. Most rpg have where mages usually end up dying more other types of characters. They might have tried to balance the Special moves. Some special moves expended HP and some MP. So basically...you had a equal chance of dying either way.(In the middle of the game...not exactly beginning or end...depends on levels and such)

[EDIT]vbTags are annoying the hell outta me when I edit this. -_-