PDA

View Full Version : DBZ:Budokai Tenkaichi 2

iRevo
01-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Anybody here play Tenkaichi 2?

Info: This game has over 100 playable chars.( yes over 100) It combines all the DB series (even the movies, except for Meta-broly). It is available for ps2 and Wii. Though some fans might be disappointed that some of features might be taking some time used to and it is very different fomr all the DBZ games.

I have personally finished the game in a short time (no cheats or tips). My estimated time that the average gamer will finish this game is 1 1/2 weeks

Regex
01-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I bought this for the Wii, and found myself disappointed enough that I haven't even played it since the day I bought it.

My biggest complaint about fighting games is the steep learning curve they tend to have, which is why I absolutely love Super Smash Bros.. Anybody can pick that up and play it.

However, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 has some of the most complicated move sequences I have ever seen in a game. Ignoring just how cumbersome simple movement and punches can be.. If I recall correctly, there was one move where you hold Z and B, move the cursor off the top of the screen, thrust the nunchuck forward, wave the remote, move the cursor in on the right side of the screen, then release Z and B.
And this was some sort of energy blast or something.

To me, that's a bit too much to try to remember in a time-sensitive game like fighting games are. As good as the tutorial is, I don't think a fighting game should take this much effort and concentration to play. So if you ask me, it's not worth it on the Wii.

On the other hand, I think it says you can play using the classic controller, which I did not try, because I haven't gotten around to buying one. So that might be better.

Gjallarhorn
01-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I bought this for the Wii, and found myself disappointed enough that I haven't even played it since the day I bought it.

My biggest complaint about fighting games is the steep learning curve they tend to have, which is why I absolutely love Super Smash Bros.. Anybody can pick that up and play it.

However, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 has some of the most complicated move sequences I have ever seen in a game. Ignoring just how cumbersome simple movement and punches can be.. If I recall correctly, there was one move where you hold Z and B, move the cursor off the top of the screen, thrust the nunchuck forward, wave the remote, move the cursor in on the right side of the screen, then release Z and B.
And this was some sort of energy blast or something.

To me, that's a bit too much to try to remember in a time-sensitive game like fighting games are. As good as the tutorial is, I don't think a fighting game should take this much effort and concentration to play. So if you ask me, it's not worth it on the Wii.

On the other hand, I think it says you can play using the classic controller, which I did not try, because I haven't gotten around to buying one. So that might be better.

Punches are just A, basic energy blasts are just B...either can be held for a slightly more powerful blast.

All the Blast 2 energy moves are the following:
Hold Z+B and move the Wii Remote backward and foward.
Hold Z+B and move the Wii Remote to the right and back onto the screen
Hold Z+B and move the Wii Remote to the left and back onto the screen
Hold Z+B and move the Wii Remote down and back onto the screen
Hold Z+B and move the Wii Remote up and back onto the screen
Hold Z+B, shake the Nun-Chuk twice and thrust the Wii Remote forward (usually for Ultimate Blasts)
Some will require holding B to charge the blast.
The last one is a bit tricky, but I think a move which can wipe out 2 of your enemies health bars at once should be a bit tricky.

What I found most difficult was dashing and jumping, but after some minor gameplay in the Training Mode(With the computer set on Stand), I figured it all out. Now the basis of my fighting strategy is based off of dashing around the map.

I do agree that the controls are complex, at first, but after the first few fights I had everything down. I think if you just give it some time it will kind of unravel itself, as I myself was disappointed with it at first. As for the Classic Controller, I have yet to try it with one so I can't say anything, but if its similar enough to the PS2 controls, it will go smoothly.

iRevo
01-25-2007, 07:03 PM
I
However, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 has some of the most complicated move sequences I have ever seen in a game.

TIp: exercixe your wrist and hands before playing. It wil help, also play this for 3 days and u will get used to it

The Blue Baron
01-25-2007, 07:06 PM
This game seems to be coming into a big success with those who are still loyal to DBZ series

Dragonshaz
03-04-2007, 04:48 AM
Man this game rocks.Dragonball tenkaichi 2 has all the characters you can name of including the characters that i had no idears since i am the biggest dragonball z fan.

Sagat
03-04-2007, 10:00 AM
I love this game and beat it utterly and completely, 100%, all characters unlocked etc. The moves were steep to learn at first but I'm a fighting game addict so I picked up on it quickly. Besides, nothing is as bad as learning King in Tekken games.

It irks me how they took out Bardocks stage in space. It also irks me how they replaced the original musical score - stupid move, the music from the original series used in the game is FAR better.

In whatever game comes next, I would like to see a big more uniqueness amongst characters as well as the ability to play the true original (aka music intact). Some uniqueness I wanted to see would be ..

Freeza transform his battle damage is healed. Speaking of which battle damage ought to be made more of a serious problem and not just for looks

Majin Buu would regenerate battle damage and if that were more serious he'd be tough as he'd be at full fighting ability all the time

Saiyajin toughness would let them fight still at high levels despite being damaged, or at least something similar as to not make all Saiyajin characters OP

I could go on and on. I found they captured the uniqueness of the Androids pretty well, though. Either way if they fixed those things it would really make a huge difference in a future game.

Light Buster
03-04-2007, 03:43 PM
seen my brother playing it on the PS2. its much better for the wii though.

Nagi_springfield >_o
03-05-2007, 12:41 AM
I've played it before, and it took me 5 days to finishe it.By the time i was done, i couldn't use my tumb for a while. (Note:I was using ps2)