PDA

View Full Version : Sony -- They fixed something!?

Regex
01-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Some of you may recall a while back, when there were issues with backwards compatibility with the PS3, a Sony rep compared that to wanting his car to fly and cook him breakfast. ( See here (http://blog.wired.com/games/2006/11/scea_vp_on_back.html) )

More recently, they have actually fixed this problem, and come up with a new patch that solves a great deal of the compatibility issues. (See here (http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/01/sony_actually_f.html) )
There are still graphical issues with rendering the games, as shown in the photos on that page.

Sony fans and our one or two PS3 owners can take this as (mostly) good news.

Buruku
01-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Backwards compatibility.....FTW?!

Screw the Wii, I'm buying a PS3!

Ωmega
01-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Its funny, we were discussing that and a few other things last week in one of my classes. Theres a few big name programmers who refused to do anything with the PS3, since all the codeing is backwards. Its good to see that Sony is trying to fix some of those problems

-Batman-
01-24-2007, 03:35 PM
PS3's backwards compatability doesn't sway me...Seeing as how I still have a PS2.

Capernicus
01-24-2007, 03:36 PM
And, I have yet a PSX and a PS1. =P

I think sony, for all it's worth, needs to stop being a whine baby. It has, as of late, begun this process but it has a long way to go.

Ichiro Matsuchani
01-26-2007, 02:05 PM
It's nice to see that Sony is actually fixing something, but after playing the original Super Mario Brothers and original Legend of Zelda on the Wii, I still take that over the PS3.

Gorion1928
02-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Finally, Sony is actually making an effort to correct errors on their part. Not to say I'm going to get a PS3. At the moment I'm perfectly happy with my Wii (the one that Ichiro bases all of his observations off of). And honestly, If I had 600$ on me right now, I would go get a premium 360 along with Oblivian and Gears of War. Until Sony actually gives its grill shaped powerhouse a solid line up, a 360 would still be my personal choice as a second system. I do comend Sony on admitting its mistakes and attempting to fix them none the less. Good job!

Rodimus
02-07-2007, 02:58 AM
I wonder what version the UK will get when it finals gets released here. Sony do try and you've got to give them that. Lets just hope that the PS3 continues to improve

Light Buster
02-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Breaking News!!! Attack of the Show (AOTS) just announced that 64% of the world said that the PS3 was a failiure. PSM may cease to publish.