PDA

View Full Version : Jing's Art

jing fi is back
01-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey everybody. I am kinda new to the siggy, avatar, wallpaper thing. So pleze feel free to leave comments and advice thanks.

FarEastStyle
01-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Hey Jing I like the big mosaic style of it. I think you could have been more creative on the text though. The picture here isn't the best quality but for being new at it you're off to a good start. Keep it up =)

Thornwillow
01-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Yes! I agree with FES that it's a good start, BUT for this to be "Jings Wallpapers" you'll need to actually make it actual size.

Now this would be more a graphic art than a wallpaper. Wallpaper base sizes start at 1028 x 768 and go up from there. The image you made is tons smaller and should be in the general Dazzle Us forum. Make yourself a showcase or something, but this isn't a wallpaper. Definitely see if you can check out a few tutorials through Google or at least get size restraints down so you can make wallpapers!

I hope to see some wallpapers from you. :)

wizz-o-matic
01-24-2007, 09:32 AM
As explained above ...

*moves to dazzle us and changes the thread title*

jing fi is back
01-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Ok no prob i will get on it

Well my new account was closed after being called spam.
Even when I did what I WAS TOLD TO DO I have new stuff

wizz-o-matic
01-24-2007, 09:02 PM
wow, what an art, you just used a BG you found on net, inserted a char and added a text on it ... wow, you're just great!!

jing fi is back
01-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Look get over your self. I am a little new to useing Photoshop and the gimp so get off my back. Every one starts some where.

FlashD
01-25-2007, 08:55 AM
When posting art, please save it as JPG or PNG. PSDs or BMPs are not really a file format people love to see ;)

Anyway ... love the mosaic style ... maybe without that name or at least if pasted somewhere else I would like it even anymore. Also ... it's a little small O_o;;

As for the PSD file ... well ... Wizzy is kinda right ... 3 pictures put together isn't really some big art, but rather a theft. O_o;;
I'm not saying you stole them tho', don't get it wrong, just next time play a little with them ... add some filters, play with effects and such. Being new to graphics isn't really an excuse to put 3 pics together and call it "my work" O_o;;

jing fi is back
01-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks your right. I will go back and try it differently. I like your approach

Kawaii_Junkie
01-25-2007, 05:16 PM
I can't get the second link to work...But judging from the first, I do think that with practice you could do some really neat things. :)

I like the mosaic style too. You don't see that too much- and yes, I also agree that you should make it bigger!

I already squint at the computer screen at 18 years old-Don't make things harder for me! Heehee...:rolleyes:

Looking forward to more.

Aura of the Twilight
01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
I really like the first. Like said in earlier posts the mosaic effect is a nice touch. Although if it's a sig it's too bid and same for avy and as a wall it's too small. Try going for 800x600 or another common size and sigs are sized are around the area of 400x175 somewhere around there depending on the maker's prefernces.

I also can't get the second one to show but I blame dial up.

You're off to a good start with the first. I can't wait to see more. Overall I'd give it an 8.3 out of 10.

jing fi is back
01-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Sry for spamming but my last pic went wrong.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:.
Also this is dark cloud 2 like the last but better i played around a bit but did not lose the image.

wizz-o-matic
01-25-2007, 08:19 PM
FYI edit button does miracles ;) I deleted the previous post.

jing fi is back
01-27-2007, 11:59 AM
ok thanks alot a guess. WIz

Aleyna
01-28-2007, 03:25 PM
lol i like the puzzle, thats something different that i haven't seen in awhile, good job :D

jing fi is back
01-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks alot I thought it was cool my self but i still say it could have been a little better.

Capernicus
02-06-2007, 04:21 PM
I kinda like the last one you did. Though...I don't think a warm color like light blue is really good to use on a puzzle setting. I think a cool color, like dark red, would look nice.