PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of the Colossus

Vinsfeld
01-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Anyone else here play? I played a demo a long time ago for it and picked it up the other day, best game I've ever played. Even better that it's a distant prequel to Ico. So what did you guys think of it?

Kawaii_Junkie
01-25-2007, 12:39 PM
I have been debating weather or not to get this game for awhile.

I have heard such wonderful things about it yet was not intrigued enough by what I have seen and read as far as descriptions.

I here that you basically go from boss to boss?

Not that there is a problem with that, it just sounds odd?:unsure:

I really enjoyed ICO though, so I am definitely going to try this one out.:)

DuckyInMyTrucky
01-25-2007, 12:46 PM
I have been wanting to try this game out for awhile but just never got to going out and renting/buying it.

Like said above I heard it was a pretty good game. Guess the thing that was holding me back was the game length. haven't really heard anyone say if its a quick 12 hour game or if its longer.

Might go pick this up though and get back to ya on how I like it.;)

MUSION
02-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I have Shadow of the Colossus. It's great, I love it. I haven't played it too much yet though, got it recently, so I don't know how long it takes.

I try to get onto the Colossi in alternate ways to how your supposed to. I started doing so when I made it onto the 4th colossi in an awkward and VERY difficult way. I though, surley there was an easier way for me to get up here. When my bro played it he did it the normal way, thats when I started to intentionally fight them differently.

Titus_Starwind
02-01-2007, 11:54 PM
I have been wanting to try this game out for awhile but just never got to going out and renting/buying it.

Like said above I heard it was a pretty good game. Guess the thing that was holding me back was the game length. haven't really heard anyone say if its a quick 12 hour game or if its longer.

Might go pick this up though and get back to ya on how I like it.;)
I heard it was kind of short.

Fragile.Dreams
02-02-2007, 12:22 AM
I love the game Ico.
I really want to buy this game.
I haven't seen it where I live in Australia yet...
I'll have to order it.

Ryth
02-02-2007, 08:37 AM
I have been debating weather or not to get this game for awhile.

Then I'll decide for you.

Get it.

The game is outstanding, it is beautiful, it is innovative, it is an amazing experience. Every boss battle is an epic adventure, but if you don't stop and appreciate the mysterious, desolate world around you then you haven't really played Shadow Of The Colossus. The last battle is especially awe-inspiring. Buy it. Love it.

Jose
02-02-2007, 09:13 AM
I haven't played but i want to

Kristen
02-02-2007, 11:00 AM
I hate this game! It's so SCARY. ;__;..

DuckyInMyTrucky
02-02-2007, 12:53 PM
I bought it few days ago so now I can give a opinion on it ;)

This game is pretty good. All the fights are boss fights basically witch is alittle downfall because your running to them but nothing to stand in your way and bash on they way . :laugh:But thats only very small downfall there.

The boss fights start out pretty simple strategy-wise and advance as you go. Im only on the 8th fight and enjoying the game very much. I would recommend getting it if you like stratic boss fighting and such.

Piper
02-02-2007, 02:46 PM
One of the greatest games I've played. And I am VERY picky about what games I play.. My great list of games, is very small and limited.

I say check this game out. It requires strategy, and following directions. Great great GREAT game.

Moi.

elodie
02-05-2007, 04:02 PM
I like this game a lot, but there's only two things i didn't like: The way it just throws you into gameplay without really giving you any idea as to what's going on or how to use the controls, and how sometimes the view gets all freaky and you can't see what you're doing too well. Other than that, it's gorgeous. I don't think i've seen a game yet that's paid as much attention to the detail of the landscape.

The whole boss battle-only thing sort of threw me off, but after I got passed the ninth colossi, i saw why it was just boss battles. x: They start from very very simplistic, to omg-i-can't-do-this.

Definitely something I'd reccomend to anyone looking for a new game to play.

Ichiro Matsuchani
02-08-2007, 02:18 PM
The first time I saw this game, I pretty much reacted the same way that I did to God of War. "Wow, that game's graphics are phenominal. Wait, that's on the PS2?! Holy Crap!"

From what I was able to get from my 30 minute peek was a beautiful and well-made game. Pretty much all that I can say.

GoAnderson
02-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Great game, if a bit directionless. The end is so sad..