PDA

View Full Version : how come when in the orginal series

shane the ninja
01-08-2007, 01:21 PM
how come when in the orginal series yugi transfoms into the pharoh does noone notice that the guy they are dueling just shot up like a foot in height in a instant

Hamashimura
01-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Hahahaha,good question!
I don't really know...They're baka's I suppose...

chyrak
01-18-2007, 05:46 AM
they do know later on in the series in enter the shadow realm saga ( merik)

GymLeaderLance99
01-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Well, if I recall, Yugi tells the others about the spirit of the Millenium Puzzle in the Japanese version, during his duel with Pegasus in Duelist Kingdom, when he and Yami-Yugi are doing their "Mind Shuffle" strategy to stop Pegasus's "Mind Scan". I think they left that out in the dub...

Oh, and if I recall, Kaiba and Mokuba noticed it when they each faced Yugi for the first time, and he switched with Yami-Yugi.

Black Pony
01-26-2007, 01:17 PM
I think he has the spirit of an Pharoe that merges in to him.

Firagabreak
02-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Well, if I recall, Yugi tells the others about the spirit of the Millenium Puzzle in the Japanese version, during his duel with Pegasus in Duelist Kingdom, when he and Yami-Yugi are doing their "Mind Shuffle" strategy to stop Pegasus's "Mind Scan". I think they left that out in the dub...

Oh, and if I recall, Kaiba and Mokuba noticed it when they each faced Yugi for the first time, and he switched with Yami-Yugi.

Actually Kaiba noticed it when Yu-gi-oh first started. After Tristan, Tea, Joey and Yugi put that smiley face on their hands, Yugi changed to Yami and faced Kaiba. During the duel while Yugi was winning Kaiba said in his thoughts: "This isn't the same Yugi form before. Who is he?" And Yugi tells them of Yami after he loses the duel to Pegasus from the video. I don't know why they start to realize that Yugi changes until Tea is thinking about the other Yugi in Duelist Kingdom. Tea is the first to realize.

shane the ninja
02-16-2007, 05:47 AM
yeah but why does nobody ask hey why the hell have you grown so fast damnit whydont yugi duel for himself like jaden yuki does instead yugi hides behind a ancient dead dude real smooth and hard

███
02-16-2007, 08:48 AM
I don't believe this is the subject most debatable, I believe the most commonly relevent topic should be, why do they hold hands? They look like one of those gays.

yotsuba-chan
02-16-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't believe this is the subject most debatable, I believe the most commonly relevent topic should be, why do they hold hands? They look like one of those gays.
Mmm, alter-egocest.

Sanosuke23
03-30-2007, 04:52 AM
Okay, Takahashi said in an interview that the growing in height was actually artistic license. He did it to symbolize that Yami was bolder and more confident, and that Yugi normally was a timid fellow, hence the smallness. So although it was SHOWN he was taller, in fact he didn't grow physically. Everyone noticing the differences were talking about how he acted and carried himself. In the first season nobody even SAW Yugi in Yami form(before the whole Pharaoh thing was even concieved) until the final story when Kaiba put the usual group through a series of trials, the last one being Yugi vs. Kaiba in which Yugi uses Exodia.

Har har, I know too much about this series to claim I'm not terribly interested, huh?