PDA

View Full Version : Strongest released card?Which one is it?

Hamashimura
01-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Well,there's no many threads on Yu-Gi-Oh!,so I decided do ask this-by your opinion,which one is the strongest released card in Yu-Gi-Oh!TCG?
Do not list Egyptian God's here...
When and if you list some,then write down their effect too...
Here's what I think:
Strongest monster - Chaos Emperor Dragon-Envoy of the End
effect:remove one light and one dark monster from your graveyard,then special summon this card.After that,pay 1000LP to activate it's effect-every card in both players hand and field are going to graveyard(except this one),and oponent loses 300LP for each card sent on graveyard...
Strongest Trap - Blasting the Ruins(when there are 30 or more cards in your graveyard,activate this card and oponent will lose 3000LP),Tower of Babel(each time a spell card activates place one magic counter on this card.When the 4th magic counter is placed,destroy this card and inflict 3000Lp dmg to the player that activated 4th spell card),Curse of Darkness(each time spell card is activated,the controler of that spell crd loses 1000LP)
Strongest Spell - Raigeki(destroys every monster on oponents side of field)
and Ojama Delta Hurricane(when three Ojamas are on your side of field,activate this and destroy every card on oponent's side of field)
There,that's my opinion...

Ostria
01-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Strongest monster: Guardian Angel Joan

Effect: When this monster destroys a monster in battle, increase your lifepoints by the destroyed monster's attack points

Strongest monster: Shinato King of the Higher Plane

Effect: When this monster destroys a monster in battle, Decrease your opponent's lifepoints by the destroyed monster's attack points.

Strongest Spell: Fairy Meteor crush

Effect: When a monster equip with this card attacks a monster in defence mode, reduce your opponent's lifepoints by the difference of the attacking monster's attack and the defending monster's defence (in other words, pierce damage)

Strongest Trap: Torrential tribute

Effect: when a monster is summoned, normal summoned, special summoned or flip summoned, you can activate this card and make all the monsters on the field go boom =3.

Strongest Combo: Shinato King of the Higher Plane and Fairy Meteor Crush =3

These were all based from the cards i actually own.....

Hamashimura
01-07-2007, 04:52 AM
Mine is based on what I own too...I had to pay almost 60 euro in my country for that Dragon...

RAMENROCKS
02-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Dark Magician.Because It has a crap load of support cards, and he can be brought out easily by them.

CapnJack
02-10-2007, 02:42 AM
well the one card that comes to mind is "Goblin King":

EFFECT-this card cannot be attacked if there is another Fiend-Type monster on your side of the field. The ATK and Def of this card become the number of fiend-Type monsters on the field (excluding this card) x 1000 points.

Why you say is this a strong if not the strongest card to me? Well check it. It gets 1000 ATK for each Fiend on either side of the field, not just yours. So its possible to get him up to 9000 ATK, which makes it possibly the strongest level 1 monster ever. When not assisted by other cards of course.

Also with another fiend on your side of the field, Goblin King cant be attacked. So....if you had 2 Goblin Kings on the field...yup, either one is protected by the other. And since its not regulated to just 2 or 1 per deck, if you had all 3 on your field, your opponent has 3 untouchable 2000 ATK monsters staring him/her down.

And to make things more interesting or down right nasty, theres cards that can support there effects and assist them. Cards like "DNA Surgery" which turns every monster that graces the field into the same type, like say...I dont know Fiend maybe. So your opponent will be helping "King"'s ATK when they summon. Next "Opti-Camouflage Armor", which helps "King" attack directly since hes a lvl 1. What would your reaction be knowing a monster with 9000 ATK could get to you even with a full field of monsters at your aid? ^^ Hmm... with "DNA Surgery" in affect, simply activate "ScapeGoat" and BAM instant 4000 ATK.

Well this is how I see this card. Maybe I helped out. Maybe...^_^

Hamashimura
02-10-2007, 03:29 AM
Wow dude,that effect is blast!I mean,with DNA surgery and Opti-Camouflage Armor,you would win instantly with enough monsters on field...
But still,if Chaos King Dragon can be summoned quickly enough(it can be prevented with cards such as Horn of Heaven etc.-since it's special summon),and if you have 1000LP to pay to activate his effect,Goblins attack wouldn't be of any danger,since Chaos King Dragon's effect is to destroy every card on field and hand of both players(+ oponent loses 300LP for each card)...But bad thing is that it's limited 1 per deck,and it's even forbidden at tournaments...
So if I must choose,I'd go with your King Goblin strategy...Awesome card!Thnx...

CapnJack
02-11-2007, 02:50 AM
....So if I must choose,I'd go with your King Goblin strategy...Awesome card!Thnx...

Sure no problem, I figured that cards strategy out before I even saw it mentioned in a magazine. It came from Ancient Sanctuary and its pretty common to get from it, Upper Deck should have thought about that when they made such a powerful and useful card. But dont make it your one strategy in your deck, you should build a fiend deck that has a "gimick" thats useful for all the cards, like the Structure Decks that everyone buys. Then when the field is set, either it be the 2nd turn or the 20th, unleash some "royal justice" with Goblin King.:cool:

Lady Risa Emrys
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
See, I really like the Goblin King for such an effect. to me the Strongets Card is probably my
Flying Kamakiri #1 Because with that, I can summon Harpie Lady #1, followed by #2 & #2, set up Elegant Egotist and get herpie lady sisters. Then while destroyting my opponents Trap & Spell cards I put on Harpie's Hunting Ground. Now for the Must Win Combo, Sonic Shooter Who goe's rght for the life poinnts when no Trap & Spell cards on on yyour opponents side of the field AND Simogh Bird of Divinity <<' Soo Yeah, Wonderful Combos

Now for Chaos Emperor Dagon, as Lovely as he sounds, he's on the Ban list so he's kinda useless And I'm Very surprised they haven't put a Limti on Goblin King, or hell even a temp ban

Hamashimura
02-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Yeah...
Chaos King Dragon is useless as long as he's forbidden...
So you really like Harpies,dont you?
Anyway,good strategy you got there...

Angel Yumi
03-17-2007, 01:52 AM
For me,the strongest cards are the:
Obelisk the Tormentor
Osiris the Sky Dragon &
Wing Dragon of Ra.

dream magician
03-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl.The divine cards also........the best is Ra and Osiris,Obelisk has constant power.

Fallen_Angel93
03-26-2007, 11:46 AM
For me,the strongest cards are the:
Obelisk the Tormentor
Osiris the Sky Dragon &
Wing Dragon of Ra.

He said no god cards, anywayz, my favorite combo is Windstorm of Etiqua and Tragedy, they go perfectly together.
Windstorm of Etiqua: Change the battle positions of all face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field.
Tragedy: you can only activate this effect when a monster on your opponents side of the field in face-up attack position is changed to defense position. destroy all defense position monsters on your opponent's side of the field.

Sanosuke23
03-30-2007, 04:41 AM
Monster: Cats-Ear Tribe. :3

1 or 2 star earth beast. 300ATK, 200DEF. When any opponent's monster attacks this card, the attacking monster's ATK becomes 300. Gaia Power or any basic equip, couple it with Final Attack Orders, and you've got yourself an unstoppable army of kitties. >:3

Magic - Banned: Raigeki/Harpie's Feather Duster. No cost, your opponents monsters/magics and traps are gone? Sign me up.

Magic: Wicked-Breaking Flamberge - Baou. Discard a card, +500 ATK, negate the effect of any monster attacked. This and Cats. :3

Trap: Judgement of Anubis. If your opponent activates an effect that destroys magics or traps, discard a card. Negate and destroy the card, THEN you can also destroy one monster on your opponents field if you want.

Saibot
03-30-2007, 06:13 AM
To me is Maha Vailo the Strongest Monster...well on the Yugioh Games I use it with a Equip-type Deck
Effect: I think it is the Monster receves 500 Attack for each Equipment card is Equiped on Maha Vailo....once I made it like allmost with 10k attack ( 2 Axe of dispair + United we Stand with the monster Field full ( 5 x 800 ) and some others that I dont remember well

Magic: Axe of Dispair ...well 1000 Atack points isint that bad at all

Trap: Spell Binding Circle :P....I just Like it XD

Hamashimura
04-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Hey guys,I just bought a new card...And for now,this one can compare with Chaos King Dragon-Envoy of the End's effect...
It seems that all monsters from Invasio of Chaos set are pretty strong...
Anyway,here it is(still,this card is forbidden on tournaments,but it is really strong):
Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the Begining(way more better than ritual Black Luster Soldier)
As for it's effect:
This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard from play. Once during each of your turns, you can select and activate 1 of the following effects:
#1Remove 1 monster on the field from play. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.
#2 If this card destroyed your opponent's monster as a result of battle, it can attack once again in a row.

* Attribute: LIGHT
* Level: 8
* ATK : 3000
* DEF : 2500

Awesome,isn't it?
Still,another great card that suffers the pain of not being let in tournaments...But I listed it since it's another super powerfull card...

Saibot
04-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Forbbiden card Ftw xD but more powerfull and not Forbbiden is United we Stand ^_^

Hamashimura
04-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Not quite...It can be destroyed in many many ways...
Still,it is powerfull but it lacks two things:
-if it's not protected with trap/spell counters,most times it's useless
-monster equiped with it cn easily be destroyed with some trap/spell cards
And finally(now I dont really know cards name),but there axists card which can put all equip spell cards which exists on field on menster what you chose...
Imagine how powerfull it will be that monster then...
And then quickly some Ring of Destruction-and voila-many LP's are lost...
Now,it's a good card,but if you're watching only in effect(forget the fact that BLS-EOB is forbidden),BLS-Envoy of the Begining is way more powerfull,cuz if you dont destroy him immediatle when he's summoned,you're facing some ultimate terror-if your monster is more powerfull,I can just simply remove it from play^^

Sanosuke23
04-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I think the Envoys are really overrated. Really, they're Special Summons, so Special Hurricane offs them and any others, and they're rendered dead or inert by Jowgen the Spiritualist. Not only that, but they're not particularly immune to anything.

Then again, I prefer something more clever than a one-card powerhouse. I like options. :3

Hamashimura
04-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I think the Envoys are really overrated. Really, they're Special Summons, so Special Hurricane offs them and any others, and they're rendered dead or inert by Jowgen the Spiritualist. Not only that, but they're not particularly immune to anything.

And not to mention that they are forbidden^^

I too dont prefere just pure strenght,strategy is what wins the duel,not strenght...
Still,it isn't bad to have some powerfull cards around...

katrina03
04-26-2007, 04:09 AM
well, i think it's the three god cards...^^

Hamashimura
04-26-2007, 02:36 PM
well, i think it's the three god cards...^^

You really should read what everyone else posted before you post your own...
I've directly said-do not list egyptian god cards...

The Blue Baron
04-26-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't beleive there's one strongest monster i beleive that every card has there own special thing so really theres no such thing as the strongest monster

JustPlaying
04-26-2007, 04:10 PM
I'll have to say Exdioa The Forbidden One if you have all Five piece's.

Sanosuke23
04-27-2007, 03:00 AM
You know, when you think about it, the God Cards are REALLY weak in comparison to other cards.

Obelisk: Fixed Attack, power a monster up beyond it, dead.

Ra: Pay LP to raise ATK, Just Desserts/Secret Barrel/ANY trap/quick play spell that deals LP damage, game.

Osiris: No hand, no attack. Goblin Attack Force kills it and you STILL take 300 points of damage even AFTER the second effect.

Plus, you can't protect or buff them, as they're immune to card effects. They're really pretty much suck. Besides, in the actual card game they're for display only, and have no effect.

Hamashimura
05-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Agreed

Still,I believe that they are just regular monsters that has high attack power...
They really aren't that powerfull,and mainly they are worthy only for colectors,since they canot be used in play...

Even if they were allowed,I believe only unexperienced players and begginers would use them(for seeing series,they would think-ooooh,such a power),but they can really be weak...
As Sanosuke23 said for Osiris-no hand,no atk...That makes perfect victim for Royal Tribute(a little preparations are needed,but it's easy enough)...

Saibot
05-04-2007, 04:31 PM
Not quite...It can be destroyed in many many ways...
Still,it is powerfull but it lacks two things:
-if it's not protected with trap/spell counters,most times it's useless
-monster equiped with it cn easily be destroyed with some trap/spell cards
And finally(now I dont really know cards name),but there axists card which can put all equip spell cards which exists on field on menster what you chose...
Imagine how powerfull it will be that monster then...
And then quickly some Ring of Destruction-and voila-many LP's are lost...
Now,it's a good card,but if you're watching only in effect(forget the fact that BLS-EOB is forbidden),BLS-Envoy of the Begining is way more powerfull,cuz if you dont destroy him immediatle when he's summoned,you're facing some ultimate terror-if your monster is more powerfull,I can just simply remove it from play^^

Hehe you know that Any card in this game can be destroyed by Any effect or way so :3 ya dont need to say that a card can be destroyed easly you just need to find the right way :3

Sanosuke23
05-10-2007, 02:09 AM
Not entirely true. There are certain immunities/inherent protections on plenty of monsters, and some are more easily protected than others. For instance, with Vehicroid Connection Zone(?), you can fusion summon something like a Super Vehicroid Jumbo Drill that's immune to spell, trap, and monster effects that destroy it. Also, there are cards like Lord of D. and Cyber Phoenix that can protect entire types of monsters from effects that target.

So it's not that they're invulnerable, no, but some are more easily protected than others.

Yuki Judai
05-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Actually the hardest thing to do is to decide which monster the strongest of all is. One thing for sure:

The god cards, the sacred beasts, the two envoys, and a lot of those cards mentioned above are on the ban list, and because they can not be put into a deck, that means, probably we will never know which one the strongest is, because they will never face off against each other.

Anyways, for me the strongest monster that can never be moved to the ban list because it doesn't even exist, is the Blue Eyes White Dragon that was Bond to Kisara's spirit. It was more than just a simple monster it was a representation of a god, I think Amon, Tenkyuryu, the sacred dragon himslef, which was way more powerful than the one blue eyes we know.

(the credit for the text above goes to LinxaFidel on Yugiohfans.co.uk)

Sanosuke23
05-12-2007, 03:02 AM
You know what I absolutely LOVE, note the sarcasm?

When people are all "omg banned can't use it" when everything is technically legal in Exhibition matches, keeping within the 3-card limit. Not saying it's WISE to have three Raigekis or three Pot of Greeds in a deck, but it's POSSIBLE so long as you're not in a tournament.

So, the Sacred Beasts/Envoys can be used when playing for fun, just not in tourneys. For the record, the Envoys are better overall.

The God Cards, however, have no effects in the TCG, and are for display only. There's no way to play Osiris/Slifer or Ra, though I suppose Obelisk COULD be played since he actually has an attack and defense stat. He'd just be a normal 2-tribute 4000 attacker.

But anyhow, back to my complaining. Some, not all, YGO fans get REALLY anal about ban lists. I have no idea why, outside of tournament play. If it's just for fun, why not use whatever strategies you want? How is telling people they CAN'T use a card you JUST released fun for anyone? Simple, EXHIBITION MATCHES ARE ONLY AS RESTRICTED AS YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE YOUR DECK! -________-;;;

I just had to get that off my chest.

Yuki Judai
05-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Ok I know that only the tournaments have the banlists, but after all, if you really are the one who wants to go pro, than keep the rulings in mind when you make your deck, cause a deck following the rules all the time can still be a good one.

I especially am a guy who follows these rules, it's a stupid thing, but your deck can still contain some of the most powerful monsters without having to devastate your opponent's deck.

Just look at the Blue Eyes White Dragon! It's naturally super powerful, and still it's not on the banlist, and there's no limit on it, even if it's power is unrighteously high. Guess again, having three of these babies, and your problems are solved, especially when you have Ultimate White dragon too.

ash_chek
05-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Yeah, I agree with u...The three gods cards are useless..and they need to have 3 sacrifice too..

Well, I like Anubis End's ( monster )

Name:Anubis End's
Attack:2500
Defence:not sure...sorry..
Effect:This card cannot be affected by trap cards, magic cards or monster effects,and it only need ONE sacrifice!

Another monster I like:Stealth Bird

Name:Stealth Bird
Attack:700
Defence:1700
Effect:Once it's flip summon, your oppenent loses 1000 life points, and this card can be change to face down defence position once a turn

shane the ninja
06-18-2007, 02:45 PM
dark magicvian girl the dragon knight she rocks

shane the ninja
06-18-2007, 02:47 PM
in response to ash chek you only need three sacrifices to summon all three gods using the magic of obligatory summon

Sanosuke23
06-19-2007, 07:21 AM
Yuki Judai: True about wanting to be tournament-ready, I agree that if you want to actually compete in tournaments then it's a good idea to get into the habit of working under those restrictions. What I'm talking about is when people(such as myself) got sick of Upper Deck either wording the cards improperly or not expecting a combo, and when it completely owns everyone else the cards involved get banned or restricted. I know I got sick of it and left the tournament scene, and now if I go ANYWHERE and have a banned card or too many of a restricted card I get a fifteen-minute lecture about how they're banned and I'm cheating in a match that has no purpose aside from playing for the sake of playing. THAT is what I hate. Not the fact that people follow those rules outside of a tournament, but when they whine about other people NOT following those rules outside of a tournament.

ash_chek: Anubis's End has 0 Defense. Also, I like Stealth Bird too, it's especially useful in a burn deck. :3

shane the ninja: Double post, and what are you going on about?

shane the ninja
06-22-2007, 04:37 PM
sorry for th double post i was going on about summoning all three gods with only thre sacrifices via the magic card obligatory summon whic Seto Kaiba used to force yugi to summon all the gods

card text:

OBLIGATORY SUMMON
[Spell Card]
Your opponent must Special Summon as many monsters as possible from their Deck to the field of the same Type of 1 monster they control on the field. The effects of the Special Summoned monsters that would activate at the time of being summoned are negated.