PDA

View Full Version : (request)how do you make cool loking backgrounds by just using the photoshop filters?

KuroTan
12-31-2006, 12:21 PM
i just wanted to know how you could do it.^^'

DarkPrinceBman
12-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Alright well if you guys want to make backgrounds without using brushes its pretty fun and easy. Normally we would start with a premade background, Scenery or picture what ever you would like.

In photoshop CS and CS2 you have a filter gallery, there you can play around with the current filters also altering there settings...you might notice that there are alot of filters to chose from and you might want more than one applied...instead of quiting and repeating the process there is a new layer button there you can apply a filter on top of a filter once again adjust the settings to your liking...ill make a tutorial on this one day.

wizz-o-matic
12-31-2006, 12:42 PM
As I always say ... play around! ^_^

I usually start with a "Render -> clouds" filter and I difference them twice or 4 times xD

Silver_Kiss
01-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Do anything you want! Most of my backgrounds are pretty lame, but I stick with using "Gradiant" the "cookie cutter" tools and of course, filters.
It's fun to make all sorts of shapes with either freehanded drawing or just "cookie cutter" then filling it with color to get interesting results.