PDA

View Full Version : AnimeLyrics.com Lyric Corrections Forum!!

Princess Minako
11-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Welcome.

Ever look through the site and say "OMG Thats totally WRONG!!!!"

Well here's where you'd tell us so we can fix it. Anything you find thats wrong with pre-posted lyrics on AnimeLyrics.com please let us know. We want to have the most accurate lyrics out there. So help us out so we can keep it that way <3

Princess Minako
11-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Please start a new thread for each correction :P

kendoka7
01-02-2007, 09:26 PM
So what about the more subtle things like album title and track number?

What do we do if we know that information but the lyrics have already been posted? Do we still post that information on this forum, or do we just not worry about that kind of thing?

aly_angelflight
02-15-2007, 07:49 PM
If the information is incorrect, would that be valid for a correction? I'm saying this because there is a huge mistake on the person singing the vocals in a certain song. (They got the genders mixed up as well.)

Kaitou Ace
02-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Absolutely, you can make a thread about it, and we will fix the information.

bluepenguin
10-22-2007, 08:20 PM
What exactly are you looking for in a lyrics correction post? Our complete new version or just a few lines? A detailed explanation of what's wrong and why, or is just "this is what's incorrect" all right? There are a number of lyrics I'd like to submit corrections for, and it would be really helpful to know things like that.

Kaitou Ace
10-23-2007, 12:29 AM
If you are correcting a minor thing, like a romaji mistake ("ka" -> "ga" in a verse) then just post the part that needs changing, with the mistake in bold, and correct version under it. Then I can just change the small part, and credit the correction in the footnotes, leaving the original credit for the lyrics alone.

If you are changing more than a couple of lines (case by case basis) or rather if you feel the corrections are a major alteration of the current lyrics, post your entire new version, and they will be replaced as such on the site, with the credit going to you.

Detailed explanations are nice for those learning Japanese who may want to see why you did something one way and not the other.

You can also submit the kanji for a song through a post here, until there's a neater system for that (working on it)

bluepenguin
10-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Okay, thanks!

bluepenguin
11-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Er, I hate to be a bother, but... when is someone going to look over the lyrics corrections? Because I have one that's about a month old which hasn't been accepted or rejected yet, and there are a number of others up here that haven't been either. There are a lot more corrections I'd like to submit (most of them corrections I submitted to the .tv site after it split off from this one), but I figured I didn't want to spam the board or anything so I'd wait til my first one was approved (or rejected)... but it seems to be taking a while.

I mean, I do understand that people are busy and have lives and all, but this is a bit much.

LavaBug
11-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Sorry, this is mostly my fault I let it slide for too long -_-"
I look into it as soon as possible.

I apologise for letting you and other who submitted corrections wait.

bluepenguin
11-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Ah, okay. Thank you.

bluepenguin
12-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. Not one of the correction proposals submitted in the last two months (or longer, but I didn't look further back than that) has been addressed.

I've tried to be nice and give this version of AL a fair chance, but really, it should not take that long to respond to something like this. I can understand being busy and having a life outside of the internet and all that, but this has taken so long that I am forced to conclude that no one actually cares about the quality of translations and transliterations on the site. If anyone did, they wouldn't neglect the LC board so much. If LavaBug is really so busy that he can't possibly handle the LC submissions in a timely fashion, then whoever's in charge ought to find someone who can to help him out. I know you can't get another mod out of nowhere just like that, but maybe it's necessary to put the time into finding one, here.

I know this will probably be disregarded ("oh, it's a bitter ex-AL.tv-er who automatically hates us all and refuses to give us a chance, if she was more rational she'd understand that we are people with lives and it is not that easy to find someone else you trust to be a mod/admin etc."), but... I really do think this is a problem.

VraieEsprit
12-12-2007, 05:40 AM
I actually wondered the same thing and sent a direct message but haven't had a reply so I'm guessing they must just be really busy. It is that time of year.

Although I submitted kanji for Weiss's No Surrender three months or so ago, and it hadn't been added the last time I checked.

I can't speak for the bulk of the site, but certainly I've noticed problems in the areas I pay attention to - specifically WK because it's what I've been working on.

The thing that concerns me most is that some of the Weiss lyrics really need to be taken down if they're not gonna be corrected because they're really misleading and it's not fair on users (it's not a case of ka for ga or to for do, but the entire song has been done by ear and is therefore riddled with mistakes from start to finish). I did submit the correct stuff for Black Angel from my lyrics sheet over a month ago but nothing's been done about it either. I'm loath to submit the kanji for it as well if the romaji version hasn't been taken on board.

Come to think of it, I also submitted correction for Shindemo Ii but that wasn't altered either...though that one on the site isn't as wrong as Black Angel or, erm, Caravan is the other one that sticks boldly in my mind as being very very wrong from the ones I've done so far...

And when they did add kanji I contributed (for...Last In My Winds perhaps) it was credited to someone else...:S I'm not looking for plaudits but you know, if you do the work...

I'm still working on transcribing and transliterating all of the WK songs I have kanji for (which is 80&#37; of them and rising) since it's good practice for my kanji and I got fed up with online lyrics being so messed up (it isn't just AL but other places I've found too :S)

If AL isn't able to update I'll just stick them on my own server for people to access there instead. With my current website project I was half planning on doing so anyway because it's relevant to what I'm doing...but it would be better to be here (instead or as well) where more people will find them :S

Equally I have transcribed and transliterated all of the tracks for Hayashi (Kanna) Nobutoshi's solo CD Drive now but I'm loath to submit them because a: when I submitted Ai O Makimodoshite it took ages to get it on the site and b: there's obviously an uploading backlog. Those *are* going to go on my own site since there are *no* sites online with the lyrics to those songs...but they should be here as well.

Such is my dilemma.

Vraie

bluepenguin
12-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks -- it's nice to know I'm not the only one who cares. And yeah, the Weiss Kreuz section is particularly awful. I've corrected some of it as well, actually, and I'd corrected more on the .tv site after the split, but of course that didn't carry over. Anyway, yeah, if there's one section on this site that needs a complete overhaul, it's that one.

Sakura Koneko
12-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I agree... I was waiting around, decided to give it some time, but it's almost been two months since I made a post about the mistakes on some Bannou Bunka Nekomusume songs, at least one of which is in dire need of being changed due to the amount of mistakes in the version on the website currently.

I think definitely, if help is needed in order to get corrections placed on the site in a more timely manner, don't be afraid to ask for it. I'm sure there are a lot of competent people who visit the boards that would be more than willing to lend a hand.

AceNoctali
12-17-2007, 04:01 PM
I hate to be vocal, but I third this one. Like I said to Lavabug in a Rep comment, as a webmaster myself doubled with a student life, I can understand being a little late.

But now, this is indeed getting ridiculous (even though I do have to admit my Fire Emblem songs were FINALLY uploaded recently, as well as the Kanji version of For Yourself), as most of the songs I've submitted for correction and kanji version were submitted more than one month ago, which is embarassing for a lyrics-theme site (which needs constant update), to say the least.

It's discouraging to see the works you provided aren't at least checked at, so I'd like to say that, I won't provide any more contribution to Animelyrics until all the Lyrics corrections and Kanji-version songs I have submitted in the forum (i.e. : Aya's Cooking Lesson for both Kanji and Lyrics correction, Futari no Toki for Kanji, and For Yourself for Lyrics correction) are, AT THE VERY LEAST, checked out (i.e., if you don't plan to upload them right now, or not at all, at least a message on the topic saying you checked them would be nice).

Thanks for your attention.

Kaitou Ace
12-18-2007, 12:36 AM
I hear what you are saying, and yes, we do (did) need more help in handling the submissions/corrections. Actually it's mostly on me, as due to my schedule, it just took so long to actually catch the person online, but I'm happy to say that AzureDark accepted a staff position on the site in validating lyrics and handling the corrections. At this point the songs queue is almost cleared through, with about 50 songs left to clear, and forum corrections will be handled then as well. AzureDark has done a great job so far in that regard, and I am sure will continue to contribute to the site at such a high level of quality and quantity both.

While LavaBug does do a lot of work on the site, I used to be handling a lot of the submissions and corrections, however with the recent events, and our acquisition of animewallpapers.com, restoring that site has taken up most of my time, and has kept me from keeping up with the submissions here. The main work on aw.com is nearing an end as well, and then I'll be able to resume more of the submissions work.

If things continue to pick up, we may need more staff members, and I'll be looking on the forums for those willing to contribute at that time, hopefully we can get things back into shape for al.com however.

AzureDark
12-18-2007, 01:51 AM
...asdf OH. Actually the forum defaults on pruning old threads about 2 months old, hence I couldn't see the old topics. Anyway, I've adjusted my settings now...

Ah well, Kaitou already spilled the beans, I'm now the new admin of AnimeLyrics.com. To any of the people at the old place, don't think of me as a traitor, think of me as a fellow anime lyricist who desperately wants anime songs be translated properly and by this appointment, could carry out the job better.

Looks like I need to become a mod too to lock corrections that have been done. Kaitou I can't go on a low profile anymore so you can set me as a mod now.

Anyway, I hope I won't let all of you down, yoroshiku~!

Sakura Koneko
12-18-2007, 03:14 AM
Yeah I noticed your Lyrics Admin tag a few days ago and kinda assumed that they asked you to help out. :laugh: Good choice I say.

bluepenguin
12-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Congrats, Azu-chan! I'm sure you'll do a great job.

AceNoctali
01-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks for your answer Kaitou, and congrats for your promotion, AzureDark !

As I was rather harsh last time, I'd want to congratulate you all this time, since I have submitted two new songs in the middle of this afternoon, and, returning tonight on the site, I see they're already published ! Talk about an awesome improvement in ckecking and updating time, congrats !! :)

ainotenshi
02-27-2008, 03:00 PM
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/smoon/
This is the section for Sailor Moon japanese songs.
I found the SAME song submitted with both lyrics and translation, under 2 names!
Here:
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/smoon/sailorstars.htm
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/smoon/smsera.htm

It's the same song! >_>
I don't know any of the 2 submitters that submitted these 2 submits of a same song, but I reccomend you keep this one:
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/smoon/smsera.htm
Well, one of these has to go, and this one looks much neater. (the other one has some lines translated without making sense, and also, there are lots of symbols inside lyrics; the other submit of this song is "nice and tidy".

These 2 submits are submitted under these names:
Sailor Star Song (http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/smoon/smsera.htm)
SE-RA- SUTA- SONGU (http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/smoon/sailorstars.htm)

So I suggest you keep the first one, but it's your decision... As long as this problem is taken care of :)

Inori
03-03-2008, 06:32 PM
I joined animelyric.com's forum several years ago to correct some Origa lyrics but I never returned. I couldn't pass the Japanese language test since I don't speak Japanese...

ainotenshi
03-11-2008, 06:03 AM
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/galaxyangel

Some corrections/adjustments are needed in here:

Angel Wasshoi! => Description: 3rd ending theme

Then:

Original title / English title / description:

ENJERU Rokkenro / Angel Rock n Roll / 4th opening song

should be

Angel Rock n Roll / (blank) / 5th opening theme

then, same pattern:

GARAKUSII*Bang!Bang! / Galaxy*Bang!Bang! / Opening Song

should be:

Galaxy Bang! Bang! / (blank) / 1st opening theme

(no need for the "*" in title, even though original has it...)

then

Horosukoopu Rapusodhi / Horoscope Rhapsody

would be much better as:

Horoscope Rhapsody / (blank)

(really no need to write english words as romaji in original title, not to mention a bad romaji)

then

In the Chaos / ending song ==> In the Chaos / AA's last episode ending

(would prefer "AA's last episode ending theme, but might be too long?)

(Galaxy Angel A and Galaxy Angel AA are the same (3rd) season, and this song appears only as ending theme in LAST episode of this season)

then

Jelly Beans / 4th ending song ==> Jelly Beans / 5th ending theme

Yume Mitai Angel tai ==> Description: 2nd opening theme

AzureDark
03-12-2008, 04:57 AM
Hm, I think I'll have to do this with my own formatting... (halfway, going home now, will continue soon)

gxracer
08-09-2008, 12:22 PM
This is the complete original from The Delgados Album...

The Light Before We Land - The Delgados In cases such as these I'd like a hand
Don't wake me up without a master plan

With sight and sound becoming fragile
Don't you understand?
When things that once were beatiful
Are bland

And when I feel like I can feel once again
Let me stay awhile
Soak it in awhile
If we can hold on we can fix what is wrong
Buy a little time
For this head of mine
Haven for us

In truth there is no better place to be
Than falling out of darkness still to see

Without a premonition
Could you tell me where we stand?
I'd hate to lose this light
Before we land

And when feel like I can feel once again
Let me stay awhile
Soak it in awhile
Buy a little time
For this head of mine
Haven for us

Before we let euphoria
Convince us we are free
Remind us how we used to feel
Before when life was real

And when I feel like I can feel once again
Let me stay awhile
Soak it in awhile
Buy a little time
For this head of mine
Haven for us

juudenkanryou
10-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Quick question: If the romaji are not "chopped up" (for lack of a better term) the way they are in the booklet, does that merit a correction?

For example: The lyrics booklet says

スタートの合図叫べ魂求めるまま
窮屈で半端な日常は飛び越えてやる

But the person who submitted romaji wrote it as

Sutaato no aizu sakebe kokoro
Motomeru mama
Kyuukutsu de hanpana nichijou ha
Tobikoeteyaru

(Also, that "ha" there should be "wa". <-- *nitpicking*)

AzureDark
10-11-2008, 09:44 PM
First off juuden, some people do put 'ha' for 'wa' because it's written as 'ha' in Japanese text. For me personally, that's wrong, but we must respect the conventions of all transliterators.

As for stanza arrangement, it only comes as an issue when a translation submitted by somebody else doesn't match up with the lines of the translit. When this happens, I will personally fix the line arrangement according to the translation unless if the translation's line arrangement itself is wacky.

Because keep in mind that the same song may be released in two or more CDs and from my experience, they can have different line arrangements. A number of other online kanji sources determine their own line structure, too. In the end what's more important is the accuracy of the lyrics and not the differing line arrangements, unless of course the t/l and translit lines don't match (sigh, quite a number of lyrics new and old are like this even with prior warning...).

If you were wondering about submitting kanji lyrics for a lyric with a different arrangement, that's okay because the lines won't be disturbed since they're on a different page.

omegasam8
12-15-2008, 03:08 PM
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/dnangel/cagedbird.htm

Original version:
Hitomi soraseba raku ni naru kamo shirenai
Demo itsumo dokoka de mitsumete itai

Corrected Version:

Hitomi soraseba raku ni naru no kamo shirenai
Demo itsumo dokoka de mitsumete itai