PDA

View Full Version : Leiji Matsumoto?

Princess Minako
10-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Is anyone familiar with any of Leiji's anime?

He has made a lot of great and pioneering space anime. Like either Interstella 5555, Queen Emerladas, Harlock saga, and Spaceship Yamato.

I highly recommend seeing any and all of the above. With Interstella being the collaboration between Daft Punk and Leiji.

So anyone seen these?

The Goddess has Spoken

Ωmega
10-24-2006, 08:44 AM
The Daft Punk videos were awsome! And I have Interstella...somewhere =3
Leji does some awsome work. Espically the way he does hair! I need to go home and watch Interstella now...

Princess Minako
10-24-2006, 09:02 AM
I do love interstella, I have the DVD, screen capped it for the galleries, and made my orange wallpaper a vector of Stella. I am now in the process of coloring the whole vector to the real colors and will submit that later. Its taking awhile. But it is just an awesome Anime to watch.

The Goddess has Spoken

Ollie
10-24-2006, 06:43 PM
:O is Interstella the blue people who are in the "One More Time" music video?

CorvusX
10-24-2006, 10:59 PM
I like Galaxy Express 999 (though it seems to go on forever) and Captain Harlock.

Princess Minako
10-25-2006, 06:16 AM
Yes Whispers, thats them :P Its actually a feature length anime. In fact I was thinking of doing the "Human" Stella for AX next year lol. See who figures it out.

The Goddess has Spoken

SGI
10-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Leiji Matsumoto, definately one of the greats of sci-fi anime.

Of his work i've seen Space Battleship Yamato, The Galaxy Railways, Interstella 5555, a few episodes of the 1970's series of Captain Harlock and years ago I saw some of Starzinger under the dubbed title of "Spaceketeers".

manslayer101
10-26-2006, 07:28 PM
yes i am very familiar with Leiji, his character designs are really unique, it's like comparing miazaki with tomino. Interstella 5555 was awesome, considering it was a daft punk album anime :), and Queen emeraldas was very nice.

on a side note, Daft Punk is a big influence on me as an artist.

-manslayer101 (aka Dj Acidraine)

Tetsanosuke
10-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Galaxy Express 999....

PURE GENIOUS!

^^

This guy is/was the bomb! (Not sure if he's dead yet)
Harlock and Emerauldas were exquisite id I may say so!

Princess Minako
10-27-2006, 05:34 AM
I'm pretty sure he's still alive.

Altho he was born in 1938, so I'm not sure if he's still writing/drawing.

The Goddess has Spoken

Nighthawk
12-24-2006, 08:08 PM
This guy is the godfather of space anime/manga. I got I5555 on dvd, and will soon get Queen Millennia or 1000年女王 Sennen Joou (series) on DVD, planning on buying the movie as well. Its quite some heartrendering anime. He still is alive but the last production i heard of was Space Symphony Maetel as far as i know. Im gonna get the collectors ed with the soundtrack for 44, subtitles in french though, glad i had it in school ;)