PDA

View Full Version : Banner Contest (For Fanfiction)

Daenerys
10-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Okay, I want some banners. Like for when I close a thread. Nothing too fancy, just something snazzy.

There are a few that I'd need.

For when I close a post because they labeled it incorrectly. "Please label your thread correctly" or something like that.

For when I close a post for spam.

For when I close a post because of people posting multiple poems/chapters in the same post.

I dunno, I'm not sure what I want just yet. I was hoping someone might have some ideas on neat-o things that they could say, or what picture to use, or something like that. So don't make any yet, I wanna talk about it first =D

Thornwillow
10-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Well, seeing as this is Animeforum.com, I think all these closing banners should be encompassing anime characters, even though we have a few non-anime elements on the site.

But already I was thinking up ideas for some cute little banners that would be really fun to see at the end of a post. Like a great thing that many anime artists do for a cute way to do something is use chibi-characters or kawaii! Woot! So I was thinking about doing some kawaii images, because y'know they always are in funny poses, is use one of those and have a saying next to it.

Of course, the banner would be pretty to look at but still, closing threads isn't a positive thing, but using a cute banner to do it with, I feel, will offset the negative and push on the positive, so therefore, neutralize the whole situation. lol

But that is just one guys idea of course. ;)

Kristen
10-06-2006, 01:35 PM
>D [hopz on itz]

Daenerys
10-06-2006, 01:58 PM
...Problem there, with your great idea.

...I hate most animes... Like literally, I hate almost every anime. There are however, some animes I do like, Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ah! Megami Sama, Love Hina... --squint-- I think... I think that's it.

I wouldn't mind chibi scouts/chibi asuka :D Except I hate some of the scouts, so it'd have to be ones I like. Like.... Minako, Hotaru... Setsuna...

I dunno, I kinda like the chibi idea with the cute pose and a saying.

Ωmega
10-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Do you want us to pm the stuff to you, or post them here to see what ideas you like/dislike?

Opinionated
10-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Oooh, ah, Matress Giant, I can do it! So how many can we make?

Daenerys
10-11-2006, 04:46 AM
I don't care how many one makes =)

Daenerys
11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
This is still going on.

The ones that I did get, I didn't really like. You can post them in the thread if you wish.

Aesthetic
11-07-2006, 05:05 AM
ok so i don't have a very good track record with you jack but in all sincerity, can these banners have animations in them. I only came across this thread recently and would like to help in the banner making.

Daenerys
11-07-2006, 02:12 PM
No animations. they have to be fairly quick loading.

Ωmega
11-07-2006, 02:15 PM
I never bothered to ask, but about how big do you want them?

Daenerys
11-07-2006, 02:39 PM
As big as your sig, or a little smaller.

.Gogo
11-08-2006, 01:49 AM
What if someone, say, draws their own chibi-character for you and then uses it to make the image? That way it's original. I dunno, just a thought. If you're interested, desciption please? If not, thats cool too ^_^

Daenerys
11-08-2006, 10:33 PM
That'd be pretty rad. I actually like that idea a lot. And I'd even like it more if it were a Chibi me, with a mohawk :D

Aesthetic
11-09-2006, 04:38 AM
just one more before i start posting or pm'ing some ideas. should these banners bare moderator names or just say "thread closed" i thought it might be cool if each mod a set of custom banners to close it with ,since not all mods would want a chibi jack with a mo hawk jk lol:p

.Gogo
11-09-2006, 08:44 AM
That'd be pretty rad. I actually like that idea a lot. And I'd even like it more if it were a Chibi me, with a mohawk :D
Oh goody! I'm glad you like the idea ^_^ *hops on it straight away*

Daenerys
11-09-2006, 03:27 PM
just one more before i start posting or pm'ing some ideas. should these banners bare moderator names or just say "thread closed" i thought it might be cool if each mod a set of custom banners to close it with ,since not all mods would want a chibi jack with a mo hawk jk lol:pThis isn't for all of the moderators, this is for just me, and for just fanfiction. (Although I can imagine using them in avatars too)

The only name I'd like on it, aside from the person who made it. (So everyone can know who made the graphic) would be just Brody. Which is my name. (I'm only Jack Skellington from Halloween - Christmas)

.Gogo
11-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Ermm...

Here's what I've come up with so far... input please? On text, what it should say... or, if you really want, you can hand over the image to someone else and see what they can come up with ^^; I'm not all that experienced w/ sig-making yet! Anywho, I can make more so long as you let me know what you want them to say... this is just one ^__^;

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/MiaRodriguez/brodyban2.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/MiaRodriguez/brodyban3.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f297/MiaRodriguez/brodyban4.jpg

I've attached the original image, if you want to use it for anything else.

Daenerys
11-11-2006, 01:24 AM
Holy crap, hahahaha that's so rad! I love it!

.Gogo
11-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Holy crap, hahahaha that's so rad! I love it!LOL well, I'm glad you liked my drawing! I added the rest of the banners I made to my previous post up there^, so yeah ^_^ Ta-da! That does it for my entry.

Ookie
11-12-2006, 02:41 PM
I have done some. They have animation yet are a smaller file size then some others I've seen. I have the non animated ones too.

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/brodysclosedforpostingmultiplepostsinsamepostanima ted.gif
::
http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/rktuivoy4by5.gif
::
http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/brodyspleaselabelthreadcorrectlyanimated.gif

Kaikou
11-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Here we are. Thought I'd give it a shot.

Daenerys
11-15-2006, 01:02 PM
I like these :D

I'm going to add them into the rules post, so that not only are they easy for me to find to use, but other people can see them to see what's up with thier posts and crap.

Kaikou
11-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Which ones do you like? Mine or Ookami's...or both? Well what I mean is who's are you reffering too? Eh I'll just go look in the rules thread. -.- XD

Daenerys
11-15-2006, 11:57 PM
all of them :D

Kaikou
11-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Yay! So do I. They're all so different...

Dark Fate
12-19-2006, 08:37 AM
woh nice, cool stuff, i wanna see more.