PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 failure?

Jennifer-
09-03-2006, 04:48 PM
I think it is but i dont know all the stats so can you help me. All i know is that the playstation 2 slim sold more consoles in may 2006 than the xbox360.

International 4-8818
09-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Uh, I have bot heard of that. I wouldn't think that the ps3 slim would sell more than xbox360, but then again people might have flipped out when they heard of the problems the new consoles had. So maybe.

Sega saturn x
09-03-2006, 06:53 PM
X box 360 is doing very well and has already moved more than 15 million units. And the ps2 is currently outselling the 360 yes but it has little to do with defects and everything to do with availibility and games.

Manwards
09-04-2006, 01:50 AM
The PS2 is an established system, and with a low price and hundreds (if not thousands) of available games, they're going to continue selling for a good few years, even after the PS3 is released. There seems to be an attitude in the gaming industry that there's always a winner and a loser, that everything is better or worse than everything else, that I don't personally agree with.

The Xbox 360 is a great console with a lot of great games both already released and in the pipeline. Xbox Live is really taking off and doing good things. Looking at the futures of all three current systems (counting the PS3 and Wii), I'd say the 360 has the brightest future. The PS3's high price and lack of decent exclusive software (outside of Japan) can only hurt it in the long run, and the Wii is too much of an unknown factor.

Keita
09-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Xbox 360 have a lot of problem(what i heard and read) like DOA 4 have problem with the save system

And i think even ps2 have more sells than xbox 360, and after ps3 come out what happen to xbox 360?

-Batman-
09-04-2006, 10:25 PM
For the love of christ.

The PS2 has more sales because it's been out for what? 6 years?
And a lot of the 360 bugs have been fixed after the first launch. I got my 360 back in July, I haven't hade any perminatly damaging problems.

Music Fiend
09-05-2006, 03:27 PM
I think it is but i dont know all the stats so can you help me. All i know is that the playstation 2 slim sold more consoles in my 2006 than the xbox360.
I read something to that affect in Gamepro. I'm not sure if you used the correct wording or have the appropriate stat, but Xbox360 was out-sold at some point by the PS2.

The Xbox360 is doing well in America (fans gobbled it up pretty quickly), but it's tankin' in Japan; just like the Xbox. A few Square Enix titles will only help you for so long, and, of course, they have to be good titles...

Sega saturn x
09-05-2006, 03:43 PM
Who cares about japan really? You don't need them to make money, we buy almost 3 times the games they do.

Music Fiend
09-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Who cares about japan really? You don't need them to make money, we buy almost 3 times the games they do.
What? Dude, Japan is the birthplace of gaming, in many people's eyes. Microsoft struggled in Japan with the Xbox, and they lost a great deal of money. And while Nintendo was in last place in America with the Gamecube, they still made money; especially in Japan. Xbox360 does need to do well in Japn, if it plans on being #1 or #2 in the world (not just in America, where Microsoft is based).

Sega saturn x
09-05-2006, 03:52 PM
U.s buys 10 billion dollars worth of games japan buys 4 billion, those numbers don't lie you don't need japan.

Regex
09-05-2006, 04:05 PM
It's true, you don't need Japan, but they really do help. Especially considering most of the best games I know of come from Japan. They will probably develop for the console that they see being the most popular, and that will have an impact on which console does the best.

Sega saturn x
09-05-2006, 05:14 PM
most of the best games I know of come from Japan
That's HIGHLY debateable, I think the west makes games every bit as good and in the realm of RPGs and action titles they far surpass japan.

-Batman-
09-05-2006, 05:21 PM
There's also a part of me that loves the fact that WE get some games FIRST for a change. Instead of us waiting 4-5 months for a Japanese game to come to america (sometimes longer if it isn't a popular game), They have to wait for OURS...Grant it Japan hates XBox (well...the first one, I don't know the numbers on the 360)

pyrothunder336
09-05-2006, 05:30 PM
The XBOX360 is an impressive for a game console that was rushed a bit to get a jump on the competition but the fact about it is that it just costs to much. I don't think it was a failure. they just have to wait until the price goes down until they actually sell a good amount of them.

Sega saturn x
09-05-2006, 05:34 PM
I don't know the numbers on the 360Equally horrible thus far

bug
09-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Well, were I live, it has bean a failure. I odn't think anybody has one or is planning on geting one in my list of people I now. There are some people that like the XBox, but there not willing to spring for the extra cash to get it. I also hear it did terrible in japan. In my eyes, it is a great consel, but it didn't live up to my expectations.

Sega saturn x
09-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Well, were I live, it has bean a failure. I odn't think anybody has one or is planning on geting one in my list of people I now. There are some people that like the XBox, but there not willing to spring for the extra cash to get it. I also hear it did terrible in japan. In my eyes, it is a great consel, but it didn't live up to my expectations.Can we please stop the "where I live" and "my friends didn't buy this" kinds of posts they are just totally meanignless.

Daenerys
09-06-2006, 05:24 AM
I don't think it failed. It's my favorite console out right now, aside from the super nintendo and dreamcast.

Kristen
09-06-2006, 08:28 AM
I knew of many people who were really enthused about the system coming out and what-not, but actually, the larger majority of them don't have one or want one anymore. After seeing and trying test drives, most of them changed their opinion of it. For the most part, I don't know what. I haven't tried to play one nor am I seeking one out to, but most of those I knew were excited about it are hardcore gamers. If they're disappointed with it, I'm not even going to waste my time- seeing as how the likelihood of me then liking it will be slim, especially because I don't even like REGULAR XBox that much. ;o

bug
09-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Sega saturn x, any post that you don't like, you seem to say that it's pointless. By the way, its not pointless. I'm telling you my opinion. You can't answer the question, Is the Xbox a failure?, without telling what you think. From what you posted, you don't use what you now. Were I live,arund nobody bought it so I think it was a failure. I don't understand how that it pointless. Everybody else posted there opinion and what they now, but you never said anything to them. Why? I want an answer by the way.

Anyway, it sounds like the Xbox did well in some places and failed in others. Of course, I bet a lot of people are waiting for the price to drop and even more parents saveing up money to get there kid one for christmas.

Sega saturn x
09-06-2006, 08:23 PM
I don't really care about your opinion on the matter because it wasn't a failure, and 5 million units sold backs that up. It's great that the 15 people you know didn't buy one, no one cares.

Ichiro Matsuchani
09-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Sega saturn x, any post that you don't like, you seem to say that it's pointless. By the way, its not pointless. I'm telling you my opinion. You can't answer the question, Is the Xbox a failure?, without telling what you think. From what you posted, you don't use what you now. Were I live,arund nobody bought it so I think it was a failure. I don't understand how that it pointless. Everybody else posted there opinion and what they now, but you never said anything to them. Why? I want an answer by the way.

Anyway, it sounds like the Xbox did well in some places and failed in others. Of course, I bet a lot of people are waiting for the price to drop and even more parents saveing up money to get there kid one for christmas.He actually had some merit with that comment. You say people from outside the forums say it's good, yet that has no real merit around here. I'm not going to say that I agree with either of the comments, just pointing that out.

Now, after reading the posts that caught my eye, I have these few things to say.

1. I don't like most of the games the come from japan. In fact, there isn't a single game that I have is from a japanese originated company (Not including my xbox).

2. The reason that there are more PS2 sales is because of how long it has been out now.

3. I have a 360, and all of the problems that I had heard about from the release of the system have yet to happen to me.

That's about it.

bug
09-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Your absalutly right. $400,000 isn't any big money in your book obveasly. Actualy it has a high chance of being more, but thats just an estimation. Anyway, back to the topic wich you loss sight of quickly, I don't now how true this is, but one of my friend moved to, uumm, I forgut were exactly, but any way, according to him, around nobody in his school are planeing to get an Xbox 360. I'll get conntact with him and check were he. However, I have a nother friend who lives in new york and he told me that the Xbox 360 is doing pretty good there. According to my calculations, that about a 800,000 miss and 600,000 hit. That is pretty good to me. After calculations, it seems that the Xbox 360 is doing a great job. Altho, I want to wait until after christmas and then I can get a better idea cause I'm sure that a lot of kids want nothing more then the Xbox 360 for there birthday so parents are waiting untill christmas so that they didn't have to buy anything else.

Ichiro Matsuchani
09-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Xbox 360 have a lot of problem(what i heard and read) like DOA 4 have problem with the save system

And i think even ps2 have more sells than xbox 360, and after ps3 come out what happen to xbox 360?First off, the PS2 has been out a lot longer then the 360, as stated before. There really weren't that many problems from what I can see, since it didn't seem to be too long of an issue.

When the PS3 comes out, it's not going to do anything to the 360. You have the Playstation fans, and you have the Xbox fans, and that's not going to change.

Yes, as far as I can tell with my lack of technological knowledge, the PS3 is the most powerful, but I have yet to find a launch title on the system that would merit its price for me. If anything, I would wait for the prices to go down, and for some of the better games to come out for the system.

Daenerys
09-06-2006, 11:27 PM
Saying that ps2 beat the 360, is kind of stupid.

Second generation > third generation. That's why there's a new generation.

Tekkenshaz
09-07-2006, 04:54 AM
really is that what happened.I never heard of it but anyways if thats true then yeah but in my opinion ps2 is better.

Keita
09-07-2006, 05:27 AM
As i know, xbox 360 have been release quite long~
fanz AROUND THE WORLD should be crazy about it~
i think that xbox 360 sells can catch the number of ps2 sells~

xbox 360 have problem~ really~ read more.:sleep:

Daenerys
09-07-2006, 07:20 AM
I agree that the 360 can catch up. But really, rating a second generation against a third, is like saying the nintendo lost to the 360, because in the first week of sales, it didn't sell as much.

Hinata14
09-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Ok lets look at the ps2 stats and the xbox stats. ps2-96 million units xbox-under 20 million,whos gunna win ps3 and ps2 so i know that the xobox is already dead although it has awesome graphics the ps3 will slip bye it with ease.

Ichiro Matsuchani
09-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Ok lets look at the ps2 stats and the xbox stats. ps2-96 million units xbox-under 20 million,whos gunna win ps3 and ps2 so i know that the xobox is already dead although it has awesome graphics the ps3 will slip bye it with ease.There is quite a good reason for that. Think about it; microsoft never had a console system before the Xbox, so what are the people going to buy? The system that they know they would probably like. This thread isn't even about the Xbox or Ps2.

I don't quite agree with what you say about the Ps3. The sales of it will be decreased by the price. Sony's removal of the backwards compatibility that the Ps2 was famous for is questionable, especially since the 360 has that feature.

Lastly, your claim that Xbox is dead is completely false. First off, microsoft is a damn rich company. They would be able to make it through a set-back, though it has already been stated that the 360 has sold 15 million-plus units. The Ps3 is going to have better graphics, so you pretty much got it backwards in your own opinion.

XNo_FearX
09-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Maybe the Xbox360 is losing to sony

Ichiro Matsuchani
09-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Maybe the Xbox360 is losing to sonyNot even.
As I've said before, sony is making a few mistakes in the Ps3. I could go on ranting for hours, but lets look at the biggest thing they left out.

BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY!

For some reason they decided to abandon that feature.

der Scharfschüt
09-12-2006, 09:12 PM
I thought the 360 was doing great on the market, I was worried that sony might get kicked out of the video game business from the 360(seriously I like playstation over the xbox, but I couldn't wait until november 06 to get a PS3, so I went with the 360 knowing that I wouldn't have enough $ to get the PS3 when it comes out)

Ichiro Matsuchani
09-12-2006, 09:20 PM
seriously I like playstation over the xbox, but I couldn't wait until november 06 to get a PS3, so I went with the 360 knowing that I wouldn't have enough $ to get the PS3 when it comes outJust fyi, the Ps3 actually costs 400 more dollars to produce then what they are selling it for.

Crazy? Yes.

Beowulf546
09-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Im not a xbox 360 fanboy or anything, but you need to give it a break. It had its problems at first, but it corrected them very quickly. I bought mine in May and ive had no problems with it. Every system has problems to a degree. Also think how much stuff goes into an Xbox360. Theres tons of hardware in it and im not surprised the first batch had problems when it launched. I bet you PS3 will have just as many problems if not more. Xbox is not a failure by any means. Alright time to play Oblivion lol.