PDA

View Full Version : Original Fiction: How Technology destoryed the world

Capo
07-24-2006, 02:20 AM
I believe technology will lead to the ultimate destruction of human kind. There are several ways in which this could happen. So I’ll go over each and every one of them.

Technology makes it to easy: With the invention of cars, fast food, gaming devices, the internet, and other such time consuming activities which take little or no effort to perform, it is a proven fact that the obesity rate in the U.S. is going up. So, as technology improves we will become lazy along with it. So lazy, in fact, we would have no reason to move at all. Forcing our bodies to bloat with the fat that is not burned away; causing the mortality rate to go up. People will die at age 14. This could go the other way too, technology will provide a way for our bodies to remain at the weight we want them. But honestly, which will come first?

I cheated on you with your clone: Right…I think this is pretty much self-explanatory. With the cloning “mistakes” we will have new species of animal which will bring disease and death. Also, did the thought even occur to you that the clones, lacking the respect they deserve, might revolt. Starting a war that would wipe out the human race. We are trying to play God, and only one person can do that, Matt. ((No seriously, we shouldn’t be playing God.))

Hey Mr. Fishman: Let’s face it; the world is going to be either mutated until we become another race or die of nuclear technology. Before technology advances to the point where nuclear leakage can be contained we will have already died. Sadly, people do not seem to realize the danger that nuclear technology poses. Sure, they know of the bombs, that is old news. But what about simple things like microwaves and nuclear testing facilities which are leaking nuclear waste at an alarming rate. Will human kind survive it? I think not.

These are only three of the hundreds of things that could happen to the world! It’s is not a matter if “It could happen” It is a matter of, “It might-someday-in the-far-off-future-which-in-which-these-theroies-won’t-matter-so-it-probably-won’thappen-“

Please, think of your kids, kids, kids, kids, etc. It is a matter of life or death.

((Note: This was not meant to be funny nor was it meant to be serious. I do not believe or support any of the ideas stated here. The purpose of this was to put the crazy opinions of others out there and make you think, “What if…”))

-!Capo!-

Reiismynicname
07-24-2006, 02:27 AM
Wow! How morbid...I like it. It has a whole BRAVE NEW WORLD feel to it (the book). I however think that the world will go into complete chaos. When every human on the earth realizes the the system of things will end they will try to undo their past...but it will be too late (I also think it will be soon...very soon).

Zantetsuken
07-24-2006, 02:28 AM
1. Kids get fat because they have stupid parents. Not technology.
2. If you're cloning, then there won't be NEW species of animals but the SAME species. And no one stupid enough to clone a animal with diseases.
3. Uh, we're surviving it now....?

Why does everyone live in fear of man? Oh, they're capable of it. Oh, we can blow up the world 5 times over! Blah, blah, blah. Society and cinema make everyone think human beings are greedy and power hungry. If man is capable of that, then why can't man be capable of saving the world or perserving it? No, you don't hear about life towards man, only death.

The world will end when the solar system goes through its natural process and the sun just expands and sucks us up. Though, we'll all be dead when it happens.

Capo
07-24-2006, 02:31 AM
Oh Dear, exactly what I feared.

As I said before I do not support any of the stated "facts". It is just to poke fun at the people who live in their basements waiting for Y2K to be over. Yea...those people. Do not twist the meaning into something negative.
Thank you for the input though.

Reiismynicname
07-24-2006, 02:32 AM
1. Kids get fat because they have stupid parents. Not technology.
2. If you're cloning, then there won't be NEW species of animals but the SAME species. And no one stupid enough to clone a animal with diseases.
3. Uh, we're surviving it now....?

Why does everyone live in fear of man? Oh, they're capable of it. Oh, we can blow up the world 5 times over! Blah, blah, blah. Society and cinema make everyone think human beings are greedy and power hungry. If man is capable of that, then why can't man be capable of saving the world or perserving it? No, you don't hear about life towards man, only death.

The world will end when the solar system goes through its natural process and the sun just expands and sucks us up. Though, we'll all be dead when it happens.
What hippy told u that? I'll admit, not all of man kind is evil, but 93.5% is. and destruction is bound to come. If it doesn't we will all lead to our own self destruction.:sleep:

Sailor Lunar Eclipse
07-24-2006, 02:33 AM
Yes you posted it!
Thank you!
I'm reading it over again, nice job. And yep my thoughts exactly!

The Wing Man
07-24-2006, 03:14 AM
Very cool, I agree on alot of this stuff and it was rather funny.

Reiismynicname
07-24-2006, 03:31 AM
Thanks WiNG MAN, Nice to see that you don't have a "Barney" outlook on life.
:D

Damon R.
07-24-2006, 03:34 AM
Very, very creative, Capo. I quite like it, despite the fact it's a slap to the face. xD Yes, I think of those things sometimes, but I'd rather just observe and jot notes down. 'Technology makes it too easy' is right. >> That concept scares the crap out of me.

IF anyone could just become skinnier with a zap of a button, the world would be so, so dull. And if technology made everything so easy, we'd constantly be on our computer or couch all day, getting fatter and fatter. I don't like the sound of that. What if we were too lazy to get the remote which was was on the farside of the couch? We wouldn't be able to press the 'make me skinny' button! O_O

Capo
07-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Lol
I don't worry about it.
I'll be dead so why should I worry?

Daenerys
07-24-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm getting really tired of Zan's post. I don't know how many times I have to tell him that this is a fanfiction forum, and not a forum for debating useless crap.