PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on DearS?

*.:Endless Sky:.*
06-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Hi, guys.
I just watched some of the series called DearS today. I wanted to know what everyone thought of it.

For me, I think it's a little on the perverted side, but it's cute and fun to watch.

Maya Miyazono
06-24-2006, 04:20 PM
"Just like chobits"

I've seen all the episodes and the ending is too happy.

The manga (orginal story) has a much better storyline. ^^

m*short
06-24-2006, 06:48 PM
i've heard of that...what exactaly is it about? is it worth checking into?

Souhi
06-24-2006, 06:53 PM
As they said it's perverted...in a funny, innocent way though http://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/tongue.gif

I was bored so I watched the first 2 episodes. It's pretty nice so far. If you're into that, it's worth a look.

EDIT: That opening is sorta out there though http://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/mellow.gif

m*short
06-24-2006, 07:37 PM
okay...............i guess i'll checjk it out. and report back ta tell ya what i thought of it...k?!

Tetsanosuke
07-02-2006, 06:45 PM
I saw an episode o' that! Thats good stuff. Funny although on the perverted side. MELON BREAD! ^^

*.:Endless Sky:.*
07-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Ya. Yummy Melon Bread. ^^

Zoekin
07-02-2006, 11:45 PM
I'm collecting this manga and I am really enjoying it! I do find that there is a lot of fanservice but the story is really good! My favourite DearS is Tenkai(?) (the Biter who wears the catsuit!) She has yet to learn how to concentrate!

Beautiful_Disaster
07-03-2006, 06:04 PM
Never read it before but i've seen some pictures of it...it looks kinda interesting i should maybe read it sometime ^^

lang_sakti
07-12-2006, 08:50 AM
this is like MM said above, "just like chobits". a short version. something like that. a good storyline but nothing new. for those who like a fanservices, maybe this story is suitable enough for them. not many though.

Princess Cupcake
07-12-2006, 09:48 PM
"Just like chobits"

I've seen all the episodes and the ending is too happy.

The manga (orginal story) has a much better storyline. ^^
I agree. I've been told about it being similar to Chobits. I've read and own all the graphic novels to it. My friend owns two books of the DearS Series and I've looked at them. I want to watch it and read it. I much enjoyed Chobits so I think I'd like DearS. Off to Barns & Noble I go! [a book store] xD

kurosaki
08-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Hmm... pretty good anime to watch...

Decomposingflesh
08-19-2006, 12:43 AM
Okay... Iíve never seen the anime or read the manga. But I saw the cover of the book once and I must say... all those girls are like, hiked up on estrogen or something, because their boobs could poke someoneís eye out! Well thatís my input....

Balance
10-28-2006, 12:47 AM
DearS, pretty good anime series, if only Chobits didn't get so popular before the DearS did. Or it can just be because the DearS Anime series is a WHOLE lot more perverted than even Love Hina. I don't know, I kinda like it.

Eternal_Love
10-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Too perverted for my taste

小美ドクロchan
11-25-2006, 12:14 PM
I LOVE DearS. RenxTakeya forever. :love:

It really isn't that perverted compared to other ecchi anime. Heck there's not even full nudity or a single sex scene or IMPLIED sex scenes so what are you guys complaining about?:huh:

Admittedly, Mitsuka is a little over the top but....x_x

The manga is a lot more well-planned than the anime but the anime is fun, all the same. The characters are way more attractive than the Chobits characters. I love the colors. They're nice and bright and don't make me want to stab my eyes out like the way Chobits' colors did. x_x I like Takeya a LOT more than Hideki. Takeya had an attitude to him and Hideki's a limp noodle. xD
Takeya is better-looking too. Nya. xD

AND the music is better. Under 17 rocks my socks.

Skyla_G
11-25-2006, 04:32 PM
It's not so much that its perverted as it is a lifestyle... DearS are slaves meant to apease.

Though it has similarities to Chobits... it's somewhat its own thing. I love the salve-suits that peachpit-san has developed... though they look very slippery!! ^o^

The chibis are by far the cutest that I've come across >.<

As for the storyline... you may want to evaluate that yourslef, however, if your looking for something that will murder your guts from laughter... this is a splendid choice! Beware... you may get nose bleeds!

小美ドクロchan
11-25-2006, 08:37 PM
It's not so much that its perverted as it is a lifestyle... DearS are slaves meant to apease.

Yeah, it really bugged me because one reviewer said it was an offensive series that was degrading to women because it makes all women out to be "sex-slaves" but there's MALE dearS TOO. Dur. T_T

Tetsanosuke
11-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Comical genious in my opinion, though it may be considered Ecchi. I saw about one and a half episodes and I want to see the rest.

I 'wuv' the opener and closer to it as well!

I had many laughs in those bits I've seen.

小美ドクロchan
11-27-2006, 07:26 PM
And would you guys believe that Peach-Pit the creator of the manga is...........

*drum roll*

TWO WOMEN!