PDA

View Full Version : Ayashi No Ceres, Angel Sanctuary, or Fushigi Yuugi? oO;

HIM_s Heartagram
05-29-2006, 08:43 PM
ok of the three what do u like the best?

Ayashi No Ceres also known as Ceres Celestial Legends
Angel Sanctuary
or Fushigi Yuugi

my choice has to be... *drum roll* Ayashi No Ceres
I just love the anime they got the hot guy Toya, and then Aya being faught over by Yuhi, it's also just too funny with Mrs. Q. Also u can't forget the great twists with Ceres, the lost Celestial Maiden, and Suzumi just too kewl.

PigFarts
05-31-2006, 04:18 PM
I might say Ayashi no Ceres, too. I like all three, but Aya is a much better heroine than Miaka (she matures a lot more than Miaka...plus I think she's in a bigger dilemma) and Angel Sanctuary, when I first read it, was so CONFUSING! I didn't understand it at all! But then just recently, I decided to read more about (like spoilers, character info) online and I understood it...

...but I like Ayashi no Ceres. When I first read it, it just hooked me in. After a while, it did die down a bit, but in one of the later volumes, I got hooked again, and I hooked me until the end.

Die Tod von Euch
06-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Ok, I don't get it. Why two Watase works and a Kaori work? Why the best out of those three? Give me a reason NOT to close this thread and remove it. If you can.

radical.dreamer
06-24-2006, 09:27 PM
I love all of Yuu Watase's works. Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres are my two very favourite. The story lines took hold of me, and I get what the characters are going through, cause I myself have been through many dillemas. Expecially involving love.

As to the reason you shouldn't remove this thread, I think you have no reason to remove it at all. It is personal preference. It is three animes that one person likes, and would like other imput from other people. Just because it is works from 2 different artists, that just gives this even more of a subject. It could be comparing the artists animes/mangas, or just to state your favourite and have a little debate on why you think that one is better then the others.

No one said that the choices for the animes in the thread have to do with the artist. Maybe they have to do with the anime itself. The story lines of the animes.
Just a thought.

Vel
06-25-2006, 03:33 AM
I might say Ayashi no Ceres, too. I like all three, but Aya is a much better heroine than Miaka (she matures a lot more than Miaka...plus I think she's in a bigger dilemma)
I agree with you. Aya is better and more mature than Miaka. I really dislike immature happy candy girls, so Miaka isn't on my list of favorite characters + I don't like her so much because many boys adore her =.= Too many. Aya has bigger dilema, bigger troubles. On the right family who wants to kill her, on the left her brother who is... well, no spoilers^^

BlazingSoul
06-25-2006, 03:48 AM
For me I like ayashi no ceres the best.

cherryblosmes
06-25-2006, 10:45 AM
i really cant choose i mean i like Ceres and i like Angel Sancutary but to tell u the truth i was confused too at the beginning but then i started understanding it better. so i guessd i would choose Ceres cause i finished the whole sereis of the manga and it mad me smile and laugh and cry and it freaked me out at times but i liked it. lol ^.^

Beautiful_Disaster
06-25-2006, 11:46 AM
I like the other two but i like Angel Sanctuary best

joannx3youu
08-13-2006, 03:44 PM
i love ayashi no ceres, but it kinda makes me sad sometimes.
angel sanctuary is REALLY sad. i`ve been reading the manga and watching the anime.
it`s pretty tragic, but that`s why i like it. not some sappy sappy love stories you see in t.v in america.
fushigi yuugi is also pretty romantic, yuu watase`s work is amazing.
so it`s VERY hard for me to choose.
haha okay not THAT hard.
ayashi no ceres forshurrrr.

sari
09-21-2006, 07:34 AM
I love them all but I have to go with Ayashi No Ceres since, one, that was the first one I heard of and fell in love with, two, I just get into it so much! It's one of my favorite animes and mangas!

sherhix21
10-02-2006, 03:57 AM
ayashi no ceres is the best!

miwa01
10-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Ceres is the best of the three. Great story line and characters. As a second choice I would chose Fushigi Yuugi and lastle Angel Santuary.

Lacus Clyne
10-03-2006, 07:14 AM
Personally, I say "Fushigi Yuugi". ;_;' Yuu really captures your heart, plus there is a ton of crazy twists, turns, sweet boys and magic~ I just don't think you can go wrong. I really like Ayashi, too. But I just don't like it as much as I like "Fushigi Yuugi". However, out of all Yuu Watase's work, it's not my favourite. Some parts of the anime I just simply don't agree with, as far as comparing it to the manga. "Ayashi No Ceres" seems to follow the manga better as well as "Angel Sanctuary". Also, I think there is better character development in Angel Sanctuary" than the other two choices. There is also more of an in depth thought process you need to follow and it's made for more mature audiences because of some of the context that is placed in it. It's really quite the tie between the three as a whole, if you look at all their attributes.

I agree with Tod, though. Why two Watase? A comparison should be between three different artists, not two. A good one to compare with would be Arina Tanemura. Creator of "Full Moon wo Sagashite", "Shinshi Doumei Cross", "Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne", etc. Unlike Yuu, she sticks to a younger audience and creates a lot of her anime and manga in the same manner. She uses very similar design, so often people get confused as to which anime/manga the characters belong to, but she also uses random subjects that you don't usually see. Like in "Full Moon wo Sagashite" it's about a girl who has a throat tumor/cancer, but she really loves singing and music. There is a surgery available for her that would completely heal her throat, but she refuses to have it. Yadda yadda. All the stories are great individual stories. Arina would be a great comparison with Yuu and Kaori.

jennyelric
10-25-2006, 07:51 PM
ayashi no ceres rox my sox

moonlil
12-03-2006, 09:01 PM
they are all good but i like angel sanctuary.

iloveyoux
12-06-2006, 04:37 AM
fushigi yuugi cos its the onli one i watched lol...wats ayashi no ceres about?

katrina03
12-06-2006, 06:29 AM
i would prefer fushigi yugi...that's the only anime i have wathced among the three!!!^^

sharinganuzr10
12-08-2006, 07:55 PM
i think i would say ayashi no ceres since ive its the only one i watched from ur list. i have seen a couple of fushigi yuugi but i didnt like it. anyways....:unsure:

NotYourPrincess
12-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Uhm, Miaka kinda got on my nerves.

So, I suppose Ayashi No Ceres too, although the ending was a tiny bit sad.

Dysis
12-10-2006, 01:59 AM
I already seen Ayashi no Ceres and Fushigi Yugi . I choose Fushigi Yugi since i like the story so much

8-destiny-8
12-16-2006, 06:28 AM
wow ayashi no ceres must be absolutely brilliant!! ive only watched fushigi yuugi out of these 3 but i seriously thought that there could be no other anime better than fushigi yuugi, i mean the story is just plain genius and amazing and it got me addicted, it was all i could think about! but reading other people's posts saying that ayashi no ceres is the best out of the three truly surprises me, so now i gotta start watching it! and then i'll decide which one's the best for me.. hehe.. but for now i say fushigi yuugi.