PDA

View Full Version : recommend me an anime, please?

animefreakoziod
05-21-2006, 04:55 PM
I would like a romance and sad one. I've finished watching fruits basket, inuyasha, ruouni kenshin, and full moon wo sagaahite. Anyone?

souske
05-21-2006, 05:02 PM
So you like the romance animes. Well use the computer you are at and look at various anime shows or movies. I only look at www.animelab.com for some info in my part.

the_last_icarian
05-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Fruits Basket as you are saying is a good choice! We'll nothing to Grandia but that is a <i> video game </i>. (Italics in html)

saskie
05-21-2006, 09:59 PM
I would say Bleach is pretty good. It's not really romantic... It's more adventurous/action. D N Angel is a cute a bit romance, and action anime. Um... I'm not really into the whole romantic anime stuff... so yea... Kanon is said to be a cute, sad and romantic anime. Air is too. But theu're realy hard to find. That's all I got, gomen ^^;;

Temari
05-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Fushigi Yuugi is really good, it will make you cry in some parts. And Ayashi no ceres has romance it's not that sad. Oh Oh and Air, NOW that would make anyone cry. It's so sad.

shadow_alchemist92
05-23-2006, 03:04 PM
DNAngel's pretty good

buhbibutterfly
05-23-2006, 09:27 PM
some romance anime that are good...with a little sadness added in are

kanon:

Plot Summary: Changing schools is something Yuuchi is accustomed to, due to his parentís profession, and with their recent venture to Africa, he is returning to his auntís home after 7 years. The time that has passed since his last visit has faded his memories of the people he knew, and the ties that bonded them to him, including his cousin Nayuki. Slowly those people, coincidently all being girls, find their way back to him. However, time has passed and things have happened in their own lives that sets the tone for the series. Secrets that are coming to surface, and memories that are returning to not only Yuuichi, but to those surrounding him. A very heartwarming tale that touches upon a spectrum of emotions, mystery, and the supernatural.
Yuuichi is a 16-17 year old boy who has lived with his parents for a while, but in order to go to the high school he goes to, he moves to his aunt's house, in a completely different town. The only thing he remembers is that he left that same town 7 years ago. Soon, Yuuichi finds himself entangled in a many problems. He barely remembers what he did with his cousin, Nayuki, and the relationship they had. Then, more and more people (all of them girls) come to Yuuichi with their own secrets of the past. Many of them eventually leave Yuuchi forever. A very touching anime, dealing with very true emotions.

Hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora:

Plot Summary: During the winter, Yuichi was hospitalized due to hepatitis. Randomly he would try to escape from the hospital but would get beat up by the nurse. One day, he happened to meet Rika, a girl of his age, in the next building. He was fascinated by her beauty, but she was very selfish girl. Although she led him by the nose, he began to be attracted by her. However, when Rika told him about her illness, he knew why she acted so selfish; she didn't have long to live.

SGI
05-23-2006, 09:54 PM
If you're looking for a sad romance anime, I have two highly recomended suggestions.

Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (She: The Ultimate Weapon)

Plot Summary: Shuji and Chise are two Hokkaido high school students barely starting a relationship with each other. Then, with no warning, a squadron of bombers from an unknown country destroy the city of Sapporo. All hope is lost when suddenly, the bombers are destroyed by a small red light floating across the sky. At this point, Shuji finds out that the one responsible for eliminating the enemy forces is Chise, who reveals herself as a cyborg engineered for mass-destruction.

And Brother, Dear Brother (Oniisama e...), which I plan on doing a review of soon. It'll score very high.

Plot Summary: When starting at a new school, Nanako is thrust into the world of female rivalry and love. She is choosen into the Sorority, giving her an enviable postition according to all the girls left out. However, since Nanako is not from a wealthy family, most girls find it unfair that she was choosen. Nanako is left to protect herself from wicked rumors and mean plots to make her leave the school. Along with her best friend since preschool, and new friends made along the way, she uncovers the past of some of the more popular girls in school and on her journey through highschool she learns of love, loss and her own family's secrets...

Both these anime are almost completely lacking in comedy and neither pull any punches in the drama department. I highly recommend bother of them.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-23-2006, 10:00 PM
If you can get into manga, there's always Pretty Face (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Face)

No translated version, so if you can't read japanese, do a search for the scanslation.

wolf-on-the-hunt
05-23-2006, 10:48 PM
well it really depend's on your taste really hmmmmmm i would have to say well........ cowboy bebop's a great one but you have to be mature and think outside the box type of mindset....well uh hmm i mean like uhhhhhhh... hey you ever heard that old saying "there's more than the eye" it's that kind of mind set really most pepole dont understand crap about it soooo wellllllll uh 0.o;;;; nevr mind have you heard of full metal panic!??!?! it's so funny but it has its sad moment to ^.^...oh but you really have to be mature for that one though(lot's of sexuel jokes comment and shtuff) so good luck!!!! keap what i said in mind ^.^!!!!!!!!

Fenris_Fenrir_07
05-23-2006, 11:40 PM
I would recomend to you Gravitation. It is funny and I like it. It is also about rock and all that. Very romantic but it can be a rare thing though. I think it is for 16 and up. Also Ai Ori Aoshi(Ithink that is how is spelled)Very funny and romanctic. ^.^

Maya Miyazono
05-26-2006, 05:54 AM
Chobits.

Romance, Comdey and very sad moments in the manga version.
The anime is somewhat happier but just as good. <3

Naruto-Girl
07-10-2006, 12:25 AM
try dragonball z or naruto.. of go to a anime web siet to find more about it.

The_SolarGod
07-10-2006, 12:39 AM
cheeky angel

Kagome sama08
07-10-2006, 01:01 AM
I am a complete Fushigi Yugi Freak, so of course that is what Im going to recommend. Its funny, got a great dose of romance, friendship, action, and I admit. I am a cheese ball. The end of Fushigi Yugi (part one) in the manga was so good, I nearly cried. No, I did cry.

kurosaki
07-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Try Ai Yori Aoshi. Since this is a romance section, so i'll recommend you a romance anime.

the story is pretty good...

kawaii_develish_twins
07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
there are plenty of romance animes out there(not that i can thik of 1) sry i would tell you one but all i can think of right now is yu yu hakusho its half romantic half funny but i guess you could check it out but the last ep is the most romantic/emotional

Kitanoru
07-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Tsubasa Chronicles Is By Far My Most Favorite Anime Series As You Can See In My Sig. Lol. I Totally Recommend Checking "Tsubasa Chronicles" Out, Bleach And Chobits Are Really Good Too.

NarutoxHinata
07-10-2006, 10:43 PM
For romance i would recommend you Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins they are both romantic and hilariosly funny.

Zanethose
07-10-2006, 10:58 PM
My personal favorite is Furi Curi (FLCL). you might like it

-+Dark_hayabusa+-
07-10-2006, 11:26 PM
What about Kyou Kara Maou and Jigoku Shoujo. Kyou kara Maou is really funny, but there is very sad story part too. The Last eps of Jigoku Shoujo is sad too. ah! Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle too! and it's made by CLAMP.

Ordeal By Innocence
07-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Romance drama. The saddest anime ever released. I was left in tears and depressed for a couple of weeks. Actually watch it before thinking I'm a weirdo :P.

chuunin7
07-11-2006, 10:21 AM
There's Ouran High School Host Club, but this is a roman comedy. How about Rozen Maiden? I don't think so. I don't know much about romance anime. I don't really like romance, that's because.

Crimson Eyes
07-11-2006, 11:39 AM
there
s a short manga series that I've read called Glass Wings. It's romance and it's pretty sad.

8-destiny-8
07-12-2006, 02:49 PM
hi i highly recommend Ai Yori Aoshi!!! it's not exactly sad but it's very very romantic!! it's not a very popular anime that's why i'm doing my best to kind of advertise it so yeah you really should watch this anime!! there's also a season 2 to this it's called Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~ and it's so sweet!! i really hope that you do choose to watch this anime.....

Mamimi Maromi
07-12-2006, 03:15 PM
GunGrave,Well I know I know..It is not that much of Romance and crap...,but it is really sad.And, it does have Romance ,but like a sad one were Brandon can't have her and he dies because his friend shoots him.Amd, the old guy gets the girl...

Story:The is the story of Gungrave, a man who descended into the dark underworld in the name of revenge. He was once a very silent, peaceful man, with a forbidden love in his heart. Then the underworld syndicate Millennion came, armed with a host of undead soldiers. Everyone began to die, including his friends and the father of his beloved Maria. He and Harry decide to join Millennion hoping to take it down from within. Then, sucked in by the lust for power, Harry turns traitor...and Brandon becomes just another corpse.
But there are some things that refuse to remain buried...and revenge is one of them. In this strange place where the dead walk among the living, a scientist finds a way to wake the fallen man. Brandon rises again as "Beyond the Grave", a dark angel bent on ensuring that before his own final descent into Hell, he'll make certain that Millennion (and the hated traitor Harry) will join him there.

renee_the_homunculus
07-12-2006, 05:35 PM
fullmetal alchemist,or DearS

Ari&Ty
07-16-2006, 01:22 PM
i have a lot of anime and manga titles. i would recommend:

Fushigi Yugi
fushigi yugi is a really nice story about a girl named maika yuki who is in the library studying with her friend yui, when her pen rolls away. chasing after it maika finds herself in the restricted section of the library. on the table a book called the universe of four gods is glowing. she pick s up the book and starts reading it with yui. suddenly they both are sucked into the book. after that maika must become the herione of the story, the priestess of suzaku. she meets a boy named tamahome and in the story she faces love, betrayal, friendships and many funny moments leading up to a big finish that you wont forget for a long time!

also you may like:
Loveless
which is a story about a boy named ritsuka who's brother is murdered. and after that he meets soubi, a strange man who seems to have known his brother. ritsuka is suddenly thrown in to a world where words have more power than he ever imagined. he has lots of fun little adventures with his new friends. this is a boyxxboy type show so you may want to see the manga first.

also
Tokyo Mew Mew
its so much sad as it is funny and romantic. its very cute and will have you laughing and crying along with it. ^_^

Serenith Youkai
07-16-2006, 04:12 PM
From what I have heard Grave of the Fireflies is a sad anime but I have never seen it... um I thought there were parts in D.N. Angel that were sad but not seriously sad...

Misha1688
08-19-2006, 07:05 AM
I whould recommend DN Angel. My favorite for now. It has romance and mystery, what can you want more? ;)

.Alumina
08-19-2006, 09:13 AM
It might not be everyones taste but i would recomend Elfen Lied, its not for young ones, just a warning. but there is a subtle romance and there's only 13 eps plus an episode that is considered an ova.

Decomposingflesh
08-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Ceres <--- sad, and romantic, it's really good, very many twists and turns. That all i've got at the moment, if i think of more i'll post them. :] but try Ceres out! :D

wizz-o-matic
08-19-2006, 10:31 AM
interesting how this thread is old and actual owner did not replay here anymore ...

Mah, for good and sad romance anime I can say these titles:
- Air
- Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (my fave one)
- Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (kinda more irritating than sad in the end ... but it's a good drama)
- Saishuuheiki Kanojo (also quite good)

Ansatsusha_18
08-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Anime/Manga:
Midori Days (Midori no Hibi) - hilarious anime/manga!!! I laughed throughout it.
Angel Sanctuary - the manga is brilliant and the art is breathtaking.
NARUTO - no comment...it's awesome excpet for all the fillers. Some are funny though.
Howl's moving castle - This one was superb..any miyazaki movies are awesome!

~kawaii~cherry~
08-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Try
-Alice 19th as a romance (its kinda sad but really touching)
-Tsubasa (the beginning's very romantic and sad)
-Princess Mononoke (a movie, but really an amazing movie)
-Whisper of the Heart

White Wolf Of Solomon
08-19-2006, 10:51 PM
i would recomend Gundam 08th MS Team,it has a really good story and is action packed,it also has romance and some comedy,then after that you can move on to the original Gundam they are both great shows

oh sad & romantic i thought i was general,then i would recomend Elfven Lied

Princess Cupcake
08-20-2006, 01:23 AM
Bleach is an awesome anime. I got into it right away. I first viewed it on youtube with subtitles because it was in Japanese. Hasn't come out in the US. What I hear is that when the English dubbed version comes out... it's not so great because it was edited too much. But that's my suggestion!

tigercat070
08-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Bleach is an awesome anime. I got into it right away. I first viewed it on youtube with subtitles because it was in Japanese. Hasn't come out in the US. What I hear is that when the English dubbed version comes out... it's not so great because it was edited too much. But that's my suggestion!i recommend card captor sakura its sooo cute

Ms. Lucy
08-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Elfen Lied is a really good anime w/ romance and is very sad. I highly recommend that one.;)

iloveyoux
11-02-2006, 01:55 AM
i recommend ouran high school host club. hehe .its not THAT romantic . but its hilarious. =D OHSHC xx

lonleypandadoll
11-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Fushigi Yuugi is really good, it will make you cry in some parts. And Ayashi no ceres has romance it's not that sad. Oh Oh and Air, NOW that would make anyone cry. It's so sad.
:D Yes! Fushigi Yuugi is one of the best manga in the world!! I just love it so much! You have to read that manga, and Ceres, Imadoki, and absolute boyfriend!
To make it easier just read all manga by Yuu Watase:happy:

_-Midnight-_
11-02-2006, 06:05 PM
naruto, bleach, hellsing, blacklagoon, full metal alchemist, lain, kenshin, neon genisis
there all pretty good

The Blue Baron
11-02-2006, 06:52 PM
scryed is an awesome one and so is naruto and Big O

Balance
11-03-2006, 07:30 PM
I hope you are reading this. I'd recommend DNAngel, Chobits, and almost what everybody said. If you want to watch them for free, go to www.crunchyroll.com. Oh and don't forget "Ah My Goddess!".

moonlil
12-03-2006, 09:23 PM
well angel sanctuary is good with all its twist and turns....also in a way so is wolf's rain...i cryed at the end.

katrina03
12-04-2006, 05:21 AM
naruto
inuyasha
rorouni kenshin
full metal alchemist
DN angel
yugioh
yuyu hakushu

---they're all good ya know!;)

Andrew
12-04-2006, 02:35 PM