PDA

View Full Version : the end of evangelion

Gaara the wicked
05-08-2006, 03:55 PM
what happens at the end its all wierd and confusing. like who dies and what happens to all the eva pilots.

Sasaki_Kojiro
05-08-2006, 03:57 PM
they live in a perfect world with out angels not one person dies

SetoKaiba
05-08-2006, 04:27 PM
what happens at the end its all wierd and confusing. like who dies and what happens to all the eva pilots.If what I remember is correct only Shinji and Asuka survive, while every other human is killed, I think its supposed to represent basically starting over with Adam and Eve (Shinji and Asuka in this case).

fox demon naruto
05-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Well the last one had stuff about why you live wnats the perfect world, and how you run away. They also show a whey life could be wit out the angles. then shinji comes to some conclushion. So all i have to say is......WTF

The Fox Demon

Straw_hat
05-08-2006, 04:35 PM
The devil awakens as Shinji, at the helm of Unit 01, breaks out of the confines of NERV HQ spreading forth its new found angelic wings. And as it does so the original Lance of Longinus is returned to the rightful side of Unit 01. The reactivated Eva series, under the control of SELEE, seize the moment to capture Unit 01 hoisting the man made god over twelve thousand metres above the surface of the Geo Front housing NERV HQ. The Eva series are now set to begin the Third Impact purification ceremony and indeed do so as the remaining Eva series initiate an Anti-AT Field.

The shockwave from the Anti-AT Field melts away the top most layers of the Earth's crust surrounding the Geo Front thus revealing its true form...indeed the Geo Front is more than it would appear, it is Lilith's egg, the source from which the primordial soup, LCL, flows from containing life itself. With the purification ceremony under way, and having merged his right hand with Adam, Gendo plunges his hand into Rei's chest pulling it down to her womb. Though in these final moments Rei at last breaks free from her creator's hold over her refusing to be a mere puppet for Gendo to control. She absorbs Gendo's right hand, already merged with Adam, and as the empty husk she was designed to be transports the embryonic Adam to Lilith initiating the forbidden merger.

As the merger takes place Lilith takes on Rei's appearance as she rises up above the surface of the Black Moon i.e. her egg, coming face to face with Unit 01. Shinji has now completely lost his mind and is unable to comprehend anything, and when the Eva series circling around him begins to merge with Lilith, Shinji screams as his mind and ego are completely obliterated. The decision as to the fate of humanity now lies in Shinji's hands as he is confronted by Lilith, does he wish for the continued survival of humanity or does he simply wish for an end to it all. Does he want to endure, to suffer the pain of heart break and the joy of happiness or is it better to simply not exist at all?

Lilith's egg rises to meet both Lilith and Unit 01, meanwhile the Anti-AT field continues to expand enveloping the entire Earth. With the collapse of an individual's AT field ensues the release of their soul from the burden of their solid form and as such humanity returns to its original state, the primordial soup known as LCL. Humanity's sorrow and loneliness is finally released as the Earth's inhabitants relinquish hold over their solid form giving rise to the unity of all human souls i.e. the human instrumentality project. A world of no AT Fields, A world devoid of individualism. A world where you exist nowhere, yet everywhere all at once. The beginning and the end are all one in the same, all's right with the world.

But this isn't what Shinji wants...it's not real, he wants the pain, he wants the chance of real happiness. He needs that sense of realism and as such rises out of the sea of LCL, the Dead Sea, and makes his way back to shore ready to face the challenges of his new life. Whether others choose to follow in his footsteps is down to them...and thus life goes on

Gaara the wicked
05-09-2006, 12:11 AM
rei is like my favorite char. and what happens to the other pilots.

Naru Lover
05-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Its funny i should find this question considering i logged on right after finishing the movie. Lets put it this way if you actually GOT the movie completely then your crazy. But as to what happens to eva pilots....All but shinji die but are then (in my thoughts) Shinji and asuka are left alive to rebuild the human race or as to say they have become the new adam and eve. Some also say that Asuka (at the end of End of eva) she emodies all three of the people shinji cares for (Asuka rei and misato) but thats all i got from it

Jumpman
05-09-2006, 12:21 PM
what happens at the end its all wierd and confusing. like who dies and what happens to all the eva pilots.

The whole thing is weird and confussing, you should be rejoicing that its finally over.

Manhattan_Project_2000
05-14-2006, 11:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_of_Evangelion

Sophonax
05-15-2006, 04:37 AM
If you didn't understand the end of it, watch it 100 times. If you still don't undt\erstand it, try using your brain instead of watching the anime for the action.

The End of Evangelion is actually quite easy to understand as long as you use your brain.

If you're unable to do that, go watch something meaningless as Popotan. You'll end up just as clueless as always.

Shinigami Ichigo
06-02-2006, 11:01 AM
Call me stupid or whatever, but to me, I can't understand how the world being essentially destroyed is considered a good ending. The show itself was rather confusing, so at least they stuck to what works for them. Something about the relationship between Shinji and Asuka makes me feel ill. They both anger me to no end. Shinji never seems to stand up for himself, and from what I just read of the movie's description, that doesn't change. Indecisiveness is something I can't stand ~_~

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Call me stupid or whatever, but to me, I can't understand how the world being essentially destroyed is considered a good ending. The show itself was rather confusing, so at least they stuck to what works for them. Something about the relationship between Shinji and Asuka makes me feel ill. They both anger me to no end. Shinji never seems to stand up for himself, and from what I just read of the movie's description, that doesn't change. Indecisiveness is something I can't stand ~_~
Couldn't be more wrong about Shinji. In the TV ending he... Ceases to isolate himself from others as a form of protection, and lives happily with everyone, apparently forever.
However, in EoE he... Grows a backbone, and refuses to live a pain free life with everyone, because it isn't reality.

sushicake7
06-16-2006, 02:41 AM
If you didn't understand the end of it, watch it 100 times. If you still don't undt\erstand it, try using your brain instead of watching the anime for the action.

The End of Evangelion is actually quite easy to understand as long as you use your brain.

If you're unable to do that, go watch something meaningless as Popotan. You'll end up just as clueless as always.
well that was kind of mean...i agree though.

yea...like somebody said, i logged on to this right after i watched end of evangelion. i completely got both endings and i loved it...kinda scared me caus it made sense.

i have a question that i hope someone can answer:
is the last line "i feel sick?" and is there nothing after that? caus i watched a bootlegged copy. there were no credits after that. and what's up witht the three (real) girls? were they the seiyuus of rei, asuka and shinji? or were they supposed to represent rei, asuka, and misato?

Red Phantoms
06-16-2006, 03:02 AM
Have you seen the OVA. I thing it was the real ending than the series

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-16-2006, 05:03 PM
There is no OVA. OVA means direct-to-video, and EoE was in theatres.

The series and EoE are both the "Real" endings. One has the Instrumentality succeed, and the other has it fail. Both are equally valid.

Ryuk
06-16-2006, 05:07 PM
I did not see the end.

Sephy
06-22-2006, 07:51 PM
It's left up for interpretation, but anyone is able to come back.

Shinji and Asuka came back, but the other souls floating around could also return if they wanted to.

Rhyz
08-01-2006, 09:20 AM
i think that all human souls are united into one perfect being. but shinji rejects exsisting in that being as he becomes independant(sp?) in the end. and i think asuka rejects that being because she wants to be independant and impress others. at the end though i dont get it. thats just what i think and i think the meaning of the eva eps and films is whatever you make of them.

baby_boy
08-01-2006, 12:16 PM
rei is like my favorite char. and what happens to the other pilots.

Mind
08-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Er... someone please correct me if I'm wrong, as it's been a year or so since my last viewing, but Rei III refused to be apart of Gendou's plan and fused with Lilith.

I kinda figured that Rei III died with when Lilith died (or atleast, I presumed Lilith died.)

As for Shinji and Asuka, well, I always assumed they rejected Instrumentality.

Gizoku
08-01-2006, 09:05 PM

Ditto, just listen and watch closely.

Masali
08-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Im not much of a NGE fan but is this the one where Shinji faps to asuka while she's unconscious.

Sword
08-02-2006, 06:51 AM
Yes. Yes it is. I never really understood what happened at the end of the series. I mean I got what they were saying, but I didn't understand how instrumentality turned out. I also thought it was the same result as the EoE, but viewed from inside the characters' minds.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Yes. Yes it is. I never really understood what happened at the end of the series. I mean I got what they were saying, but I didn't understand how instrumentality turned out. I also thought it was the same result as the EoE, but viewed from inside the characters' minds.
Nope. The endings are completely opposite. The series ends…
with Shinji embraced as a part of the Instrumentality while Shinji rejects it in the movie.

halcyon23
08-02-2006, 01:34 PM
i wish they made more

White Wolf Of Solomon
08-02-2006, 03:10 PM
If what I remember is correct only Shinji and Asuka survive, while every other human is killed, I think its supposed to represent basically starting over with Adam and Eve (Shinji and Asuka in this case).Hmmmmm,wait a minute,is that even....nevermind,what im trying to say is,is it even possible for 2 humans to sustain human life on the planet?

Quik
08-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Hmmmmm,wait a minute,is that even....nevermind,what im trying to say is,is it even possible for 2 humans to sustain human life on the planet?I doubt it... If Shinji and Askua are the only ones to survive, and none of the others returned, then itd be safe to assume that when they both die that'll be the end of the human race.

From what we saw, I dont think theres any food and/or water left on the entire planet... cant live without food and water.

Shadow Phoenix
08-03-2006, 02:20 AM
Eva was a good show but they shut it down with a dumb ending.

jep'ray
08-03-2006, 03:09 AM
2 people equal a really crappy small gene pool realisiticly, not enough to sustain life on earth...but again this ending was a little more entertaining than the crap load of still shots in the O.G. ending...

but its a an ending that makes you, the viewer make the call on what happened. if you can figure out which way is up after watching it. kinda like bebop. im sure there is no one answer to this question.

Quik
08-03-2006, 03:16 AM
2 people equal a really crappy small gene pool realisiticly, not enough to sustain life on earth...but again this ending was a little more entertaining than the crap load of still shots in the O.G. ending...Lol, call me weird, but I liked the series ending more than the movie ending. I liked the series ending A LOT. Personally, I much prefer it over the movie ending.

Decomposingflesh
08-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Everyone lives, shinji kills them, then misses them, and brings them all back, you only see him and Auska at the end, but there alive, shinji didn't want to be alone after all. i liked the ending, all of them O_O Evangelion is the best anime ever (In my opinion) and i've yet to find ANY anime that could even rival Evangelion in the least. everything in that anime is perfect, and i could watch it a billion times and not get bored, but after a billion, i dono... i think it would be time to move on... O.o

anime OG
08-27-2006, 02:13 PM
i wanted to watch the end of it....that is if i can find the show again.

-Shinigami-
10-27-2006, 03:35 AM
I know that EoE and the TV series have a different ending, but I don't understand why the producer made it that way...

manslayer101
10-27-2006, 02:48 PM
you're not sure what happens, you don't know if shinji and asuka are alone, or if everyone survived, because they don't tell you. it's up to the viewer to finish it...

Gnosis
10-27-2006, 04:54 PM
End of Evangelion is easy to understand if you just think about it for a bit. We will not know exactly what happens, but that is not important. You must think of Evangelion as a metaphor, instead of a normal story.

The central message within End of Evangelion is, "It is better to live in pain than in a state of oneness, being extinguished. It is better to bleed, knowing you are alive, than to feel a drugged happiness."

I kinda figured that Rei III died with when Lilith died (or atleast, I presumed Lilith died.)

We see Rei is alive, when she appears over the LCL ocean before the end.

2 people equal a really crappy small gene pool realisiticly, not enough to sustain life on earth...but again this ending was a little more entertaining than the crap load of still shots in the O.G. ending...
What happens to Shinji and Asuka has no affect on the message If they die off, it is not a large problem. Point is, Hideaki got his message across.

but its a an ending that makes you, the viewer make the call on what happened. if you can figure out which way is up after watching it. kinda like bebop. im sure there is no one answer to this question.
That is the way Hideaki Anno designed it.

Manhattan_Project_2000
10-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Everyone lives, shinji kills them, then misses them, and brings them all back, you only see him and Auska at the end, but there alive, shinji didn't want to be alone after all. i liked the ending, all of them O_O Evangelion is the best anime ever (In my opinion) and i've yet to find ANY anime that could even rival Evangelion in the least. everything in that anime is perfect, and i could watch it a billion times and not get bored, but after a billion, i dono... i think it would be time to move on... O.o
You're probably right about that. Since, figuring for 22 min/episode, and both movies, watching NGE a billion times would take:

744,000,000,000 minutes,
12,900,000,000 hours,
537,500,000 days,
≈76,785,714 weeks, or...
≈1,476,648 years.

Which is ≈21095 times longer then you will live, assuming you live 70 years.

mizuharamitzu
12-26-2006, 08:24 PM
[/COLwell.....about the ending.....i was able to watch the series, but not the movie.....[COLOR="Yellow"]OR]

mizuharamitzu
12-26-2006, 08:34 PM
now i think i get it,......what happened on the movie.i wish i could get a copy of that!

yotsuba-chan
01-17-2007, 02:21 PM
EVERYONE TURNS INTO ORANGE JUICE.
That's what I heard, in short terms.

CapnJack
01-17-2007, 03:03 PM
I tryed not to put too much thought into the ending of the movie, but I pretty much understood the basics of it. Pretty much to me the "third impact" was to clense the entire planet of the human race (at least the physical forms) and releasing there souls from there torment, sorrow, and anguish of being human. And it was, as some have mentioned, up to Shinji to decide based on his own life and the lives of the people he knows, if the human race is worth a second chance, or destined to cease to be and exist only as a collective without individuality or meaning. Well those who watched know what happened. It was a decision that required a new beginning and a slow process of rebuilding. To just say "okay, poof, now go back to your own lives everyone" would show that no one has learned anything and the problems of the past will surely continue to repeat themself over and over. It may be up to those two, but after all thats happened, whos to say they havent significantly changed inside and obtained an ultimate grasp of the situation or what a means to be human. Maybe, just maybe, they might have discovered the meaning of life. I mean come on, who here that understood the movie wasnt surprised that I would bring up the whole "meaning of life" question or hasnt brought it up themself?

No need to reply on that subject and start a discussion about it, this thread is about the movie and how it was. So lets leave that for a different thread in the future,okay? ^^

Misha_San
02-20-2007, 08:07 PM
I like this movie ending more than the series ending I thought the series ending was a little cheesy and in the movie we see what really happened.