PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy

04-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Hi

I could buy Final Fantasy X2 and a playstation2, should I buy it or wait for the ps3??

BTW in what order do I have to play the games??

Beyond The Grave
04-08-2006, 10:43 PM
I own both FFX-2 and the PS2 so my advice to u would be to get the PS2 but if u want to see better graphics etc. then get the PS3 though it doesn't have a whole lot of games for it yet >>;

There are more then 10 games before FFX-2 I think for Final Fantasy. I don't think u really have to play them in order cause alot of them to me have different story plots from the other so it wouldn't really matter. But it will take AGES for u to really unlock the things in all of the games so I suggest taking a break from all the FF games if ur gonna by them from time to time. So that's my advice, hope u liked it!^_^

Luzifer
04-09-2006, 10:56 AM
yeah all final fantasies are unrelated except for minor tie ins (damn you moogles!) but personally X-2 is one of the weakest final fantasies... I'd suggest a different on like 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and tactics all those are better

DarkMagicianGirl
04-09-2006, 01:35 PM
AS far as Final Fantasy I would have to agree with Swordwind on it but I would play them in order if I had them all. My favorite being Tactics.

Dark Lord
04-09-2006, 01:38 PM
I would get a Playstation 2 if I were you but you shouldnt get FFX2. I thought that game sucked. There are many good games for PS2. ie: Any other FF game, Metal gear games, grand theft auto, Ratchet and Clank, Zone of the enders. The PS2 comes with a controller if you buy it new. You just need a PS2 Memory card to save your game progress.

Lord Garma Zabi
04-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Actually, Tactics and FF7 have a very small relation. In the game, you have the option of unlocking Cloud as a character. His abilities are all his limits, plus one called the Red Blossom (or something like that, it has Blossom in it). But for the most part, yes, there are no relations in any FF except X and X-2. Both of those games were really that great, so in my opinion, you aren't missing a hell of a lot if you skip X and go right into X-2. But, considering you have enough to buy those both, I would guess you have about 180 bucks, which is about 220 short of a PS3, and not including the games for the system, or the extra controller/memory card that you may want for it. So its up to you, if you think you can save up the cash, then do it. But if not, you're better off selling yourself a bit short and getting a PS2.

Chaos_Hell_Angel
04-09-2006, 03:35 PM
I would prefer playing them in order and getting a PS2: so you can play FFX-2

Kenbo
04-09-2006, 03:56 PM
I don't think there is any order you should play them in. They are all really good, I never have had any negative comments on any of them. Some people have thir own opinions but it all boils down to what you think about the games. But definitly buy X before X-2 Go ahead and get the ps2, as far as I know there are no FF games being released onto PS3.

Marrugi
04-09-2006, 04:47 PM
ps 3 please

Himura The Batousai
04-09-2006, 08:26 PM
yes you may wanna play X before X-2 or you may be slightly lost. im playing X right now and my guys pwn the fights. ive gotten everthing there is to get on this game. total time. 82 hrs and 30 min. yes i have played the hell outta this game.

German_Sniper9
04-10-2006, 06:50 PM
i've played 7,8,9,10,11,and 10-2 and final fantasy 8 is the best other then 11 <.<
if you want 10-2 which no offence i hate it cause of its weak story line and the fact
that you gotta do confusing things but i have a ps2 and final fantasy 10-2, its all up to you, i mean i think you should get ps2 and final fantasy 10-2 and wait till ps3 price goes down, but thats just my option >.>

Zave
04-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi

I could buy Final Fantasy X2 and a playstation2, should I buy it or wait for the ps3??

BTW in what order do I have to play the games?? well you dont want to buy the ps3 it is $300 and it will overheat like the 360.:eek::ooh::eek:ff1-7 (http://final%20fantasy%20classic.com)

BlU3
04-17-2006, 05:40 AM
It depends if u really think FFX-2 is worth enough.
Personally, I don't like it that much. But that's just my opinion.
FFX is great. A lot better than FFX-2.
PS3, well, for now I'm satisfied with PS2 games. But I'll buy PS3. Eventually.
I agree with Master Chad. Let us all wait for the price to go down. ;)

Zantetsuken
04-17-2006, 05:45 AM
This is the ultimate guide to FF games that either suck, are ok, or rule.

FF1: Ok
FF2: Sucked big time
FF3: Ok
FF4: Rules
FF5: Sucks
FF6: Rules
FF7: Friggin' rules
FF8: Sucks
FF9: Ok
FF10: Sucks kind of
FF10-2: Really badly sucks

[BlackDeath]
04-20-2006, 06:29 AM
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT EVER REMOTELY TOUCH X2. STAY AWAY, STAY WELL AWAY FROM IT!

Darth Tyranus
04-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Actually, Tactics and FF7 have a very small relation. In the game, you have the option of unlocking Cloud as a character
But they aren't connected plot wise.

Anyway if you buy a ps2 which in the advent of the ps3 you could get for cheap I recommend NOT buying any of the final fantasy games. There are much better rpgs out there. Try makai kingdom or dragon quest 8 to get you started.

Dmeth
04-20-2006, 11:11 AM
There is nothing wrong with the final fantasy RPG's...

fox demon naruto
04-20-2006, 02:25 PM
i havent played all the games but i did kinda liked the 2nd one. Also dont by the game X2 its not worth it. FF7 whay better. Also how do you unlock cloud in FF tactis?

The Fox Demon

Lunamaria
04-24-2006, 03:47 AM
FFX-2 sucks. Please stay away. But it's not bad, it just sucks. I would wait until it becomes a Greatest Hits then you buy it. I won't be buying PS3 in the near future, just to tell you. I'll prolly get it when it comes out and I have good grades.

Giglamesh
04-24-2006, 08:07 PM
you haters of FFX-2 should shoot yourselves, its a good game..id rather play it than FFXI.
plus, if you have any doughts, please pay the 30 dollers a month to play FFXI, other than than id say stick with X-2 or any other FF game

Beyond The Grave
04-24-2006, 09:16 PM
For one FFX-2 does not suck, to me it rocks!^_^ But were all entitled to our opinion though it would be better if u gave a through reason y u say the game sucks so much >>; Just saying "it sucks" doesn't really tell him anything! ><;

Regex
04-24-2006, 11:04 PM
you haters of FFX-2 should shoot yourselves, its a good game..id rather play it than FFXI.
plus, if you have any doughts, please pay the 30 dollers a month to play FFXI, other than than id say stick with X-2 or any other FF gameIt's only $12 a month.

BlU3
04-25-2006, 12:01 AM
For one FFX-2 does not suck, to me it rocks!^_^ But were all entitled to our opinion though it would be better if u gave a through reason y u say the game sucks so much >>; Just saying "it sucks" doesn't really tell him anything! ><;I don't think it sucks. It's just a rather bad game. For one, I really hate the fact that they changed Blitzball to be an oh-so-boring minigame. >,< I find the game a bit... girlish. Okay, maybe even more. Plus, the dressphere thing just gets on my nerve. I could probably stuff in a few more, but my must-not-miss tv show's about to start. ;) No hard feelings - just my opinion.

plus, if you have any doughts, please pay the 30 dollers a month to play FFXI, other than than id say stick with X-2 or any other FF gameWell now. Everyone has their opinions.

Giglamesh
04-25-2006, 12:32 AM
It's only $12 a month.id rather pay for WoW for $30 for 2 months

fox demon naruto
04-25-2006, 02:16 PM
For one FFX-2 does not suck, to me it rocks!^_^ But were all entitled to our opinion though it would be better if u gave a through reason y u say the game sucks so much >>; Just saying "it sucks" doesn't really tell him anything! ><;
True true so this is what i think... I didnt like the plot or game play. I dont like the time one as much. Plus the costume thing think is absolutly stupied. I see know point in putting it in. plus I found bringing in pain was not nessesary. I did not like her and i thought she had no realation to X-2 of FFX. That why i thought it sucked.

The Fox Demon

Giglamesh
04-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Pain is the most important char in X-2, i mean she brings the ppower to the 3 of them, plus, if they didnt put her in it would be lulu, but then that changes the story a bit...

Yzneftamz
04-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Having completed FFs from VI to X-2 and Tactics Advance, and owning the earlier ones, too except for Tactics and III, I can pretty much say that X-2 is the weak link of the series. The cleverest thing to do would probably be to wait for PS3 and then buy the games you want, since, if I remember correctly, PS3 is compatible with PSOne and PS2 games.

And as to what FFs you should play... FFX is the only one you "have" to play before X-2. None of the others share plot connections. Most people consider VII and VI to be the best ones of the series, and I have to agree. Well, VII was the first one I played, so... But it is always more fun to play the older ones first, mainly for two reasons: First, the older ones have worse graphics, so it's easier to move from them to the newer (and better-graphiced) ones. Second, some of the latter ones (especially IX) have quite a few references to the oldies. Even X-2 refers at few points to VII...

Kaikou
04-25-2006, 06:45 PM
I agree with most others. Get a PS2.

And here are some following BETTER games then FFX-2:

Any Wild Arms
Grandia
Any other Final Fantasy
Tales of Legendia
Radiata Stories
Any Dark Cloud
Any Arc the Lad
Disgeaia
Makai Kingdom
La Pucelle
Shin Migami Tensi: Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2
Any Grolanser
Any Castlevania
Any Devil May Cry (though #2 isn't that great)
Dragon Quest
DDR (>.> Yeah, I play...so what?)
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 (There is 3 going to come out also)
Magna Carta
Drakenguard
Any .Hack
Ico
Shikoden(I spelt that wrong. -.-)
Chaos Legion

....yeah that's about all I can think of now

BlU3
04-25-2006, 10:32 PM
True true so this is what i think... I didnt like the plot or game play. I dont like the time one as much. Plus the costume thing think is absolutly stupied. I see know point in putting it in. plus I found bringing in pain was not nessesary. I did not like her and i thought she had no realation to X-2 of FFX. That why i thought it sucked.

The Fox DemonNow that u mention it - yeah, Paine has no relation to FFX. But her character is really more appealing than the other two - but I agree with u about FFX-2.

Shikoden(I spelt that wrong. -.-)
If it's Suikoden u mean. ;)

XNo_FearX
05-26-2006, 03:06 PM
You should Pick the PS3