PDA

View Full Version : Can Nightmares kill you in your Dreams.

Guilty Gear
03-31-2006, 01:05 PM
I wonder if that can happen.:ooh:

Bibi of the Blue Sea
03-31-2006, 01:09 PM
well i doubt that its possible becaues it has never been proven or even shown that would happen. i've had nightmares where i was killed lots of times but i always woke up alive. maybe its just a supernatural thing.

Seldrima
03-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Hmm I highly doubt that is possible, i'll comment after a bit of research.

LINK the swordsman
03-31-2006, 01:25 PM
thats scary if it could happen

Xieshunnuan
03-31-2006, 01:27 PM
I dont think so but it can happen by a heart attack or something lik that...some dreams r realistic tho...

Kit Katy
03-31-2006, 01:32 PM
i pretty much don't think a nightmare would kill a person unless you have breathing trouble

Guilty Gear
03-31-2006, 01:36 PM
It does feel real. And dont you hate it when you run from a monster and you run fast as you can but. They still catch you or allmost catch you.

Ωmega
03-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Well, I heard if you have a dream that you're falling and you dont wake up before you hit the ground, your mind shuts off and you die...or something of that nature

philmaster628
03-31-2006, 02:26 PM
i think so....my opinion is that in your nightmare a ghost comes and kill u......who knows

Prince Darien
03-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Probably, if a nightmare caused you eneugh mental stress to cause a heart attack or something.

I've only been killed in a dream once. A big ac fan chopped me up. It was weird. As I was being killed everything went third person and then I respawned like in video games.

lorie
03-31-2006, 02:45 PM
woah!!! no way!!!! like freddy kruger -my cousin dreamt of him trying to kill her!!! that is freaky!!!

retro
03-31-2006, 04:09 PM
You wonder if it could happen? Why don't you google it moron, whats more funny is, some of the above comments.

i'll ask "has anyone died from having a nightmare here?????"

~Troublesome Woman~
03-31-2006, 04:21 PM
If someone was really unstable, and had a weak heart (like, say they where really old, or they where on their death bed or SOMETHING), and they had a really scary nightmare, maybe they might have a heartattack and die. But it seems highly unlikely to me...

Krsnik
03-31-2006, 04:44 PM
The above statements are completely inaccurate. The only completely plausable way someone could die in their sleep is from heart failure. However, in the rare case that people die from night-terrors, is incredibly low.

The recent analyzations of over 30 million new deaths a year, only 500,000 of those people die in their sleep, or from something pertaining to that. However, the stress put on the body during a night terror cannot kill the patient. Only when an extreme case occurs will the patient rise from sleep and act out the dream.

Let's think this over again. With the evidence just provided, can someone die in their sleep from a nightmare? Yes, but the chances of it happening are so slim, that you should worry more about falling through a sewer gate or something.

Sinnaku
03-31-2006, 04:51 PM
No, you cannot be killed by your subconscious. A dream is similar to a mirage image that the brain thinks it sees but it is not truly there.

Now that is what any scientist would tell you. I do not believe all of that but I also do not think your dreams can kill. I am a strong believer and supporter of the supernatural domain, mainly telekenesis and telepathy, and would not freak out after someone were to be proven dead from a night terror. Instead I would study and research it. There have been many fatalities during sleep that were results of heart failure or other heart related problems. However, I think that these people might have had a definate history of health problems that caused the cardiac arrest. And if it truly was caused by a night terror my theory is this: your brain influences many sensations and emotions. I am focusing on the emotion of fright, thrill, excitement, and confusion. There have been people who die on roller coaster rides because their brains are sending signals of fright. Because you are moving fast and swerving around the brain does not have enough time to render the surroundings from it's direction. So the brain works faster to determine safety and it requires more blood, causing the heart to pump faster. If the heart cannot pump fast enough, then your brain won't be able to adjust to the speeds and motion changes, this slow proccessing method is what induces fright. And if you have a heart problem then you have a high chance of seizing from a heart attack. Now, if you are frightened to a point where you do not know what to do your brain acts like it's on a roller coaster and forces the heart to work faster. The same results but from natural terror of a dream.

But first you have to wake up thus you are not actually sleeping! So a night terror cannot kill you in your sleep if your not sleeping. Meh!

Kyosagi
03-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Well, I heard if you have a dream that you're falling and you dont wake up before you hit the ground, your mind shuts off and you die...or something of that natureYea i heard about that too.I was told you would have a heart attack.

Koodori Seishou
03-31-2006, 07:38 PM
I think that Sinnaku explained it pretty well. I have dreams where I ide and I'm still alive.

Devilstears
03-31-2006, 07:43 PM
When I was a kid, I was playing Mario64(for the 64 v.v). Fighting Bowser(the last boss) at midnight, my little sister told me if I get a nightmare, I can die. And Bowser was kind of scary with it all dark and all. I believed it when I was younger.

Well, now theres evidence so whatever I say is invalid.

Tsuna Kadiri
03-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Well, I wouldn't really know because I'm sort of still.. alive.

But most likely, no. The most it could do is leave some sort of psychological effect on you or make you go somewhat paranoid. I doubt it could kill you.

-Batman-
03-31-2006, 08:11 PM
link (http://www.kino.de/pix/newspics/174051_2.jpg)

Last i checked, the above link is the only thing that can kill you in your dreams.

The Wing Man
03-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Tsuna is so smart, but i have never heard of someone dieing from one unless you watch nightmare on elm street.

Chaos_Hell_Angel
03-31-2006, 08:52 PM
It could be possible to die in your nightmares or dreams, but that's because alot of us can't control our dreams and it tak over. If we think it's real or if we think we got are dead in a dream then it might happen. Want you realize that your in a dream or nightmare, you be able to control your dream better or use it like it's yours. Believe me, I've done it plenty of times!

anime OG
03-31-2006, 08:55 PM
I wonder if that can happen.:ooh: I should of know it was u!!! I doubt it but if uu are EVIL it can kill U!!!!Gulity gear knows wat I am talking about!

anime911
03-31-2006, 09:04 PM
I dont think so but it can happen by a heart attack or something lik that...some dreams r realistic tho...
yeah u can die from it if u get to scared and have a heart attack.

Fetal Fetish
03-31-2006, 09:06 PM
I dunno..But sometimes I have dreams(no, not nightmares)when I'm just sitting or something, when suddenly I can't breathe, and after a little bit, I find myself in my bed gasping for breath. It's kinda freaky. -.-;

Devilstears
03-31-2006, 09:42 PM
Your body can't live without your mind. Meaning if you die and you really really think your dead your brain could die. Brain dead.
Well this isn't fact, im just spouting out idea's here.

Faceless111
03-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Your body can't live without your mind. Meaning if you die and you really really think your dead your brain could die. Brain dead.
Well this isn't fact, im just spouting out idea's here.
Matrix much?

Anyways, I've died in my dreams before. It's fine. You get the adrenaline pumping and bam! you wake with a headache and wet pants.

Miyukara
04-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Well, for depending on your health, you could die because of a nightmare. It could scare you into having a heartattack or to stop breathing. And if your mind belives it's dead (say you died in a dream without waking up) it can put you into a coma or stop your heart altogether.

Sayoran
04-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Well this isn't fact, im just spouting out idea's here.Hmm... I agree, it's kinda the same theory with virtual reality.

Thanks,
Sayoran ^_^