PDA

View Full Version : Canadian army soldier saying hello

Sagat
03-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey everyone,

Been looking for an active anime forum for the last few days now, searched around and found this one. This place is much bigger than what I used to but from what I've seen seems pretty good.

I am 23 years old and in the Canadian army as a Private, with the Dragoons (regular force armour regiment). I am not "hard" armour, I am in administration and thus help keep the regiment running, though I do get to do the fun stuff (range firing, rucksack marches, regimental PT etc) without not as much of the BS - sweet deal. I even get my own office which is a-okay with me.

I have a huge love for muay thai kickboxing (isn't that obvious already?) and hope to be able to go to Phuket to learn it firsthand in the summer. My buddy and I are going to head out soon to do it actually. I also love jiujitsu and Ultimate Fighting Championship - I would go so far as to say I am a diehard fan and would love to go to Vegas to see an actual event. Lastly, I like rifles and guns ... I guess that gells well with the army.

My favourite animes are Street Fighter (SHOCK) and have all the anime relating to it (SF:AM, SFV series, SFA, SFA Gen), I also love Dragonball Z and Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon .... yeah, I don't really make the last one known to very many people in real life, especially in the army where some guys have trouble spelling their own trade let alone anything remotely deep or introspective. I guess that is why I come to places like this, perhaps a safe haven for that other little side to me.. I recently downloaded all of SMR to my computer and well, I watch it with the volume low as I don't want my room mate (as great a guy as he is) wondering what I'm doing watching it.. heh.

I like to draw a lot too, but unfortunately haven't had much practice lately, something I am regretting. I want to get an easel so I can begin drawing again but time constraints and lack of art shops kind of hurt that.

If there is anything else anyone wants to know, feel free to ask. I'm happy to be here.

NinjaSniper
03-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey welcome to AF! Wow you sure have a lot to say! I hope you will enjoy your stay and have fun on the forums. PM me if you need anything!^^

~NinjaSniper

iernt8
03-22-2006, 06:28 PM
hey welcome to AF hope you have a great time here
pm me if you wanna talk or be friends or have a question
cya on the forums

-Ziggy-
03-22-2006, 06:29 PM
wow! you sound like a very interesting person sagat. welcome! hope you enjoy the place and i'll see ya around! :3

Sagat
03-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Thanks for being welcoming everyone.. Yea I have a lot to say, figure it best to throw it all out there now!

Shia-san
03-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey welcome to AF.. have fun and follow the ruless..C ya around ^_^

Shia <3

Dosu-Ichigo
03-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Welcome to AF See you around.

battlecherry
03-22-2006, 11:15 PM
glad that you love what you're doing :happy: (with the guns and all). well, another welcome here and enjoy your free time on AF. if you ever want to add another friend/family member, just pm me. have fun:cool:

The Rebel
03-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Hello and welcome to AF. If you need anything, I'll be glad to help if I can. Watch out for cannibals and blanket thieves, TTYL.

-Kaoru-
03-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Hello and welcome to you Sagat!

^^

Blade08
03-23-2006, 09:41 AM
I am not a solider not even old enough

Circuitry
03-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Wow, a lot of information there. -^^-

Anywho.. Hello, welcome to AnimeForum. Read the rules, don't spam.. and just enjoy your stay while you're here. Don't get into any trouble!

bafflequeen
03-23-2006, 03:30 PM
hello sagat
welcome to AF
hope you enjoy your stay
cya around ^_^

Yamanaka_Ino
03-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Hello!! Welcome to A.F!! Have fun round here, and feel free to private message me if you have any questions or just wanna chat! i doubt a 23 year old needs help from a 13 year old...well, cya round!

~~ Yamanaka_Ino

Donye
03-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi and Welcome. Have a great time.

Myrra
03-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Ooooh....a man in uniform! My favourite!
Anywho, welcome. Have fun and if you have any questions, feel free to PM

Your friendly mod,

~ Myrra

btw, nice intro. :D

Sagat
03-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks again everyone

Is there a topic where we can post pictures? Is it acceptable to post mine in this thread..?

kakashi cool kid
03-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Hi welcome to af read the rules..... and follow them.

animeglobe
03-23-2006, 06:41 PM
longest introduction i ever seen
anyway welcome to af and have fun feel free to pm me anytime if you want to become friends. i agree with you myrra i love a guy in uniforum lol j/k ^_~

Demon-Ki
03-23-2006, 07:31 PM
I have a huge love for muay thai kickboxing (isn't that obvious already?) and hope to be able to go to Phuket to learn it firsthand in the summer. My buddy and I are going to head out soon to do it actually. I also love jiujitsu and Ultimate Fighting Championship - I would go so far as to say I am a diehard fan and would love to go to Vegas to see an actual event. Lastly, I like rifles and guns ... I guess that gells well with the army.

My favourite animes are Street Fighter (SHOCK) and have all the anime relating to it (SF:AM, SFV series, SFA, SFA Gen),/I guess that is why I come to places like this, perhaps a safe haven for that other little side to me..

I like to draw a lot too,For awhile I thought I was reading a desription of myself. Seriously, it was kinda scary seeing the similarities. Not to mention that I'm seriously considering joining the Canadian army this summer.

Anyways, welcome onboard! Have fun and don't break the rules.

See ya'round.

Sagat
03-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Demon-Ki;

You have interest in muay thai? If so, I met a guy the other night at the gym who trained in Kiat Busaba and I can give you some good info about it there. It's where I want to go now if I can't get to Phuket.

Also, about our army, feel free to ask me absolutely anything, be it recruiting, physical fitness, you name it. My whole job is to know what happens and I should be able to answer just about anything for you.

ancientsilence
03-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Hello and welcome to AF! *hands over blanket and pocky*

Wonderwice
03-25-2006, 07:55 AM
hiya and welcome to the AF!
have fun posting, chatting or whatever you like to do here.
read the rules and follow them, or I’ll eat you -^___^-

if you have any questions, if you need anything or just want to talk
you can always PM me.
~bye
J.A.G.

Dark One Winged Angel
03-25-2006, 02:04 PM
the ultimate evil has arrived to welcome you sagat :flame: