PDA

View Full Version : [shounen-ai]Our Kingdom...anyone heard of it?

Aeramis&Helenus4EVER!!!
03-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Anyone heard or read a manga called 'Our Kingdom'? its a shounen-ai/yaoi story, and it's SO cute!!

The main character Akira has to live in this HUGE house after his granny dies, he's a canidate for his long lost family to be their heir of the fortune. However, someone else is too, it's his cousin(that he's never met) rei. rei's really aloof but kinda childish(man, i just love that!). so yeah, they beggin to fall in love, rei is so clingy to akira, it is SO adoreable, i cant wait to read the 2nd book!!
:grinjump:

Akara
03-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Well, No I haven't but now I'm wanting to read it more then ever. Ugh, is it only cute? It's not good, okay, or anything like that? I wanna read it.. o_o Ugh, look what you did.... Tell a little more about it. ;D

Aeramis&Helenus4EVER!!!
03-11-2006, 02:12 PM
ha ha ok..hmm well, i really like the whole plot of the story too!it's REALLY good..hmm i got mine at a store called 'Waldens' i dont know if u might have one. ugh, it'll make u laugh and SQUEAL!! XD oh and raoul...you'll hate him...>> grr the dirty little...any way...well, in the beggining, Akira doenst want to stay, because he's originally from the country, he isnt used to the big city, but some how rei made him promise that he would stay with him(cuz he's lonely!! the poor baby!!) so, of course he does. rei is VERY clingy...he kinda acts like a child, but he was so shut in all his life, you cant blame him. well, eventually rei gets a little too clingy o.O and akira just ISNT like that...so there are some issues there...it isnt till about the end of the 1st book akira realizes how much he needs rei and how much he loves him:love: i'm buying the 2nd one as SOON as it comes out..hmm..i wonder if it's an anime *gets hopefull*

*.~'Fallenz_Tearz'~.*
03-11-2006, 02:19 PM
*gaaassp* OH!!! OH!!! I'VE READ IT TOO!! XD but only because my friend let me borrow the 1st one. raoul is a jerk, isnt he!! *plans to blow up his body into tiny pieces*mwaahahahaha!

Opinionated
03-11-2006, 02:23 PM
God, now they're degrading themselves to inbreeding yaoi? Is it just me, or are they losing all traces of decency they ever had? COUSINS!

*.~'Fallenz_Tearz'~.*
03-11-2006, 02:33 PM
God, now they're degrading themselves to inbreeding yaoi? Is it just me, or are they losing all traces of decency they ever had? COUSINS!
well, if you think about it cousins arnt THAT related...and if your going to be mean go somewhere else >=P and what do you mean by they!? are you trying to get at something mister? maybe you shouldnt stick your nose where it doesnt belong

Opinionated
03-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Yes, cousins are that related. Trust me, I know my cousins and we are that related. How do I know? We all kick equal [donkey] in video games. By "they" I mean the people who write moronic yaoi stories for the pleasure of fangirls.

*.~'Fallenz_Tearz'~.*
03-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Yes, cousins are that related. Trust me, I know my cousins and we are that related. How do I know? We all kick equal [donkey] in video games. By "they" I mean the people who write moronic yaoi stories for the pleasure of fangirls.
*siiigh* i dont mean that u arnt related...ugh how can i put this?...at least they arnt directly related. acctually, aera got this wrong, they arnt directly cousins, rei's dad has been divorced a few times, so it's hard to say. and it could really be worse, ya know? they could be brothers o.O now thats just gross in my opinion, i would never let it go THAT far. so if u had to choose, i think u'd agree that its better that they're cousins. and its really a shounen-ai...that havent been screwing each others brains out at all. i think it's very cute, rei had/has a tough life and all he wants is someone to stay by his side =P

Aeramis&Helenus4EVER!!!
03-11-2006, 02:51 PM
aahhh!! guys!! please!!! i didnt put this up here to start controversy!!! i only wanted to know if anyone else has heard of it or likes it, so please stop fighting TT.TT and i'm sorry, opinionated...er...i know your opinionated..that great...but if you dont have anything nice to say...can u just not say it? sorry i have an issue with that...nothing agaisnt you, but i didnt make this so you could bash on shounen-ai, you may not like it, and we have our diffrences, but some of us do like it, and get defensive when people talk badly about it.
*cough*fallen*cough* you need to take a chill pill, love. glad your defending me and all, but wow.^^"

buhbibutterfly
03-11-2006, 03:12 PM
i love our kingdom and i find rei and akira so adorable together ^-^ i've read a couple of volumes of it before it being released...and after it was released i bought vol. 1...can't wait for vol. 2 and also i really want to read from where i left off...

Aeramis&Helenus4EVER!!!
03-11-2006, 04:50 PM
i know! XD rei is one of those guys that you just cant help but love, even though he acts all tough, he's just a big softy inside =)

buhbibutterfly
03-11-2006, 11:59 PM
*siiigh* i dont mean that u arnt related...ugh how can i put this?...at least they arnt directly related. acctually, aera got this wrong, they arnt directly cousins, rei's dad has been divorced a few times, so it's hard to say. and it could really be worse, ya know? they could be brothers o.O now thats just gross in my opinion, i would never let it go THAT far. so if u had to choose, i think u'd agree that its better that they're cousins. and its really a shounen-ai...that havent been screwing each others brains out at all. i think it's very cute, rei had/has a tough life and all he wants is someone to stay by his side =Pactually rei is indeed akira's cousin..cuz rei's mom is akira's dad's sister...so it makes them cousin...and yes this series is yaoish cuz they do end up making love...

Aeramis&Helenus4EVER!!!
03-12-2006, 05:04 AM
actually rei is indeed akira's cousin..cuz rei's mom is akira's dad's sister...so it makes them cousin...and yes this series is yaoish cuz they do end up making love...
aww but i'll bet it'll be so cute though. i really dont care if their related or not...hmm..maybe that makes me a bad person? i dont know...i just really love shounen-ai and yaoi...so i guess its not that hard for me to just accept it.

buhbibutterfly
03-12-2006, 12:06 PM
well if that makes u a bad person than that must make me a horrendous person cuz i like other yaoi series where incest is involved. i like the storyline and the two main characters are twins. there are others that i like that are 'bout step brothers no relations so its not so bad...oh well guess that i'm a really bad person for liking the series with twins..

-side note - another story i really love that isn't yaoi but contain incest is koi kaze...yes its bad but its still a cute story. and to his defense he fell in love with his sister before he even knew that it was his sister

Aeramis&Helenus4EVER!!!
03-12-2006, 01:32 PM
well if that makes u a bad person than that must make me a horrendous person cuz i like other yaoi series where incest is involved. i like the storyline and the two main characters are twins. there are others that i like that are 'bout step brothers no relations so its not so bad...oh well guess that i'm a really bad person for liking the series with twins..

-side note - another story i really love that isn't yaoi but contain incest is koi kaze...yes its bad but its still a cute story. and to his defense he fell in love with his sister before he even knew that it was his sister
hmmmmm, i'll have to check it out! ^^ its easy for me to over look those things when theres a good story line and plot =P so what's the titles of them both again? they may have it at my local bookstore XD

Mushrambo
03-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Interesting.....I might just go out and read the book. Yaoi isn't really all that bad I mean Loveless the manga is awesome!^_^ If it is good as u all say it is then it seems that I might really like it. Though being cousins and falling in love does seem kinda weird, but so does a 20yr old. and a 12 yr. old falling in love (those are the ones that fall in love in the Manga Loveless).

P.S. Do u have a website or something so I can check out some pics of it?

Aeramis&Helenus4EVER!!!
03-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Interesting.....I might just go out and read the book. Yaoi isn't really all that bad I mean Loveless the manga is awesome!^_^ If it is good as u all say it is then it seems that I might really like it. Though being cousins and falling in love does seem kinda weird, but so does a 20yr old. and a 12 yr. old falling in love (those are the ones that fall in love in the Manga Loveless).

P.S. Do u have a website or something so I can check out some pics of it? my scanners fixed so here are some pics! =)

the one w/ the brown eyes is akira, and the other is rei ^^

Mushrambo
03-12-2006, 04:50 PM
my scanners fixed so here are some pics! =)

the one w/ the brown eyes is akira, and the other is rei ^^
oooooohhhhhh now I am really interested about this manga!^_^ If u could give an estimate how much would the book cost? I already have to go out and buy No Man's Land and Loveless and i'm on a certain monley limit ><; Evil parents......

Aeramis&Helenus4EVER!!!
03-13-2006, 03:06 AM
umm...i'm not sure if their are diffrent versions of the book(like smaller or larger or a diffrent cover and what not) but the book was about $12-13...i dont know why it was so much...maybe cuz it's new? i dont know the gravitation one i got on the same day was only $10ish...either way, it was totally worth the money XD

LovelessRitsuka
03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
WOW i just read the scanlations~ I love it! Its seems soo cute and now i MUST see it!! ^_^ Luckily my freind is buying Loveless for me so I can afford that comic, my parents won't let me buy manga anymore!:broken:

Aeramis&Helenus4EVER!!!
03-29-2006, 06:38 PM
WOW i just read the scanlations~ I love it! Its seems soo cute and now i MUST see it!! ^_^ Luckily my freind is buying Loveless for me so I can afford that comic, my parents won't let me buy manga anymore!:broken:
aww you poor thingy! well, i'm sure one day you can get it!! keep your hopes up! haha, i let my friend borrow it(bad mistake) and she wont give it back until we finish watching the gravitation series!!>< waahhh!!