PDA

View Full Version : Next Wallpaper Set (Darkstalkers?) part B

elfenstein
02-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi,

here is my next try at a dual monitor wallpaper set.

I am not totally content how these turned out, but I can't put my finger on what is wrong or lacking.

Any suggestions?

P.S.: The second wallpaper is in my other thread (http://animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=38764).

Have fun,

elfenstein.

The Rebel
02-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Once again, I see nothing out of place. Actually quite the opposite. It has a great level of definition. The female is well defined and has an almost real look to her.

kuroimisa
02-27-2006, 01:43 AM
The extraction is done pretty well, except on the hand on the left of the page there's still some white in between her fingers.

I would strongly suggesting downloading a few sets of fonts, because at the moment it's a bit default. I'd also move the title "Nighttime visitor" a bit closer to the character so that your point of focus remains in the one spot. At the moment there are 3 focal points, and it's best you kept it to one (close to the girl) to tie the composition up a little more :)

Can't really suggest too much, but I just like to keep my work consistent and would like to point out that the night sky at the top, and (it looks sunny) daytime building at the back are a bit mismatched. I'd probably theme the whole wallpaper to a dark colour if you intend to call it "Nighttime visitor" :)

There's nothing else I can really think of- maybe some brushes? Lol ~ hope that has helped somewhat :)

Raven
02-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Ack! Extraction! There's chunks and jagged edges. Try and clean up the purple around her head wings, the white in her fingers, and smooth the jaggedness on the hip. Also, ya, find some new fontage, that'll add some niftyness to it.
Not bad.

elfenstein
02-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone.

First, thanks for all the feedback.

The sunny background is indeed what makes the wp a little bit weird. I played a bit around with color, saturation and brightness. (Though I didn't produce anything worth posting) A dark blue with a tendency to black works actually quite well.
Sadly it totally messes up the interplay with the other wallpaper I intended to go on my second monitor. In that picture the white background works quite well, at least in my opinion.

The position of the text is probably a matter of taste. I tried to change it but it didn't quite work out for me.

No excuse for the jaggedness in all my posted wallpapers. I think I need to put a bit more attention to this in my next work. http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

But I don't know what everyone has with the font. I actually like its simplicity, especially since it's not intended that it should to draw much attention.
But that's worth a try anyway. Do you know any good site where I can find a variety of usable fonts?

And on a sidenote: do you think the wallpaper is to cluttered? I think that I maybe overdid it a bit with the patterns, text and so on.

Cya,

Elfenstein.

NecroGate
03-04-2006, 05:14 PM
nice ... umm do u hav anyother more of darkstalker wall paper i would like to see morgan she is kool hot looking and her

wizz-o-matic
03-07-2006, 02:10 AM
Hm, lets see ... 1st of all, the char is floating in the air ...
Lets see ... keep the top font of the text "nighttime visitor", but change the other one .... go with something more tech or gothic (depends on what part of the wall you want to expose ... if the bg, go with goth, if the "layout", go with tech) ... gothic font will aslo need some bg remodeling >_>

That's all i can suggest