PDA

View Full Version : Hantsuki ~Looking up at the half moon~

[BlackDeath]
01-23-2006, 12:37 AM
I'm not normally one for making threads but this anime has made such a huge impression on me I want to find out if anyone else has seen it/heard of it/like it, etc...

Recently got through watching this properly with more attention and it really reached out to me. I thought this was a beautiful. This is a romance anime and what sets it appart from all others is the setting and location, a hospital.

Yuuchi, the main character is in hospital due to hepititas, nothing serious, all he needs is plenty of rest, sort of like an extreme cold really. He then meets a girl from the west ward, which is the ward for the more 'life threatening' cases and there relationship begins to develope from there.

Classic boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl with the twist of them both being in hospital which I thought was an oringal idea and hadn't seen it before. Unlike your standard romance animes Yuuchi confesses his feeling for the girl by the end of the first episode, so we will see how the couple fare out and their relationship development. This is also quite a realistic series, you don't have the main character getting all shy and embarassed at the most stupidist moments, this is how romances should be or how I'd prefer them.

I just can't help but be stunned by this anime, not just by it's originality nor by the realism but it's more of atmosphere, more of a feeling, I can't explain it well. The was it is presented is even more stunning.

This has a very high recomendation from me. For those that like realistic romance animes, this is the one for you.

Misaki_San
04-29-2006, 01:20 AM
This anime is so sad! It makes me want to cry sometimes. Like near the end. I cant believe its so short! only 6 epi!

[BlackDeath]
04-29-2006, 02:56 PM
-LOL- **gasps**

zomg someone has actually seen it!

Yus, didn't think they could do so much accross 6 episodes though. But despite if being so short they did a good job at it. I always like to see more to animes and always demand to know how people develope after and this is no different.

sis san
04-30-2006, 08:25 PM
This anime is nothing but awsome i am pretty impress by what they manage to put in 6 episodes:) the end bit is a bit confuss though did they ACTUALLY get marry and did the main female char die after many years?:S cause if she does i think i will be upset 4 at least a week........