PDA

View Full Version : a wallpaper

Roshec
01-04-2006, 05:43 PM
I made this Full Metal Alchemist wallpaper for a friend. I'd like some comments on it.

The Rebel
01-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Well, let's see. It has a good range of color, and well balanced. Looks like Edward had been cut out of a book though, especially around his hair.

White_fire
01-05-2006, 02:56 PM
i would give it a 8/10 good job keep up the good work

Twilight_Angel
01-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Very interesting, but yeah, ed does need a little bit of a fixing.

MistressPookyChan
01-05-2006, 08:25 PM
warning given to the people doing the rating. Remember, rating is not allowed. Full comments, please!

Akara
01-05-2006, 09:38 PM
How do you make a Wallpaper, and... A banner.. O_O... Yes I feel very.. dumb right now.. But I have never asked this...EVER.... ;

*unshed~tears*
01-05-2006, 10:30 PM
the background color and design seems somewhat out of place in the picture other than that i think its good.

Sophonax
01-06-2006, 01:32 AM
The blue background and the red front doesn't... go well together. You might want to find a somewhat larger scan of Ed and cut it out, and then resize it. Same with the guy behind him.

Anyway. The big... "+" in the text, shouldn't be there. It's annoying. o_O; It's just.. White and without purpose. Get rid of it. And the outer glow is just.. Too strong. Soften it some.

o_O; The idea is a good one, but it seems like there's something else you had in mind.

Xian Pu
01-06-2006, 08:06 AM
If you ask me, the entire wallpaper clashes. It doesn't seem to get anything across except how you can throw images onto a rendered BG. It's not to say it's bad per se, but it definately needs work. For one thing- the scans aren't that hot; might want to find some that actually match the BG. For another thing, with a BG like this, it's going to be very hard to find a scan that actually matches it.

That's my .2 cents. Enjoy.

Foxxer
02-09-2006, 10:18 AM
The two characters don't go together. Notice that they're being lit from different angles: Fullmetal is being lit from the left, and Flame is being lit from the right.

With little Fullmetal in front of big Flame like this, Fullmetal looks like Flame's mannequin.

Flame's hair is too dark against the dark background; it's hard to see where the top of his head is.

The composition of this image doesn't work.