PDA

View Full Version : Misc Wallpapers (Holiday, Game)

hanakogames
12-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Please forgive me if I do anything wrong! I am primarily a commissioner of art rather than a wallpaper-maker myself... I hope I'm still allowed to post them if I got someone else to make them for me. :)

First, something for the holiday season -

hanakogames
12-15-2005, 12:35 PM
This one, I made the wallpaper, though not the image. Which you can tell by its utter boringness. :) I tried to warp the ripples to match the shape of the sword and all to make it a little less bland, but... Suggestions on how to do better designs when given a single character art piece to plop on it welcome. Since these things often come from my own games, there isn't a huge body of artwork to draw on.

EternalBlue
12-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Please read the rules here:
http://animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=7860
and only post one wall per thread.

That said, onto the walls.

For the first one, I don't think the character fits very well with the plaid parts at the top and bottom of the background. There's glow in those parts as well that doesn't seem to continue all the way around her, so that also looks a bit strange. Personally, I'd take out the top and bottom pieces and focus on adding more depth to the back, with more fireworks or snowflakes or whatever you want to add.

Hmm, the knight one is definitely a bit bland. Maybe instead of ripples, do some clouds and bubbles in the background to up the dreamy/cuteness. Might want to reduce the texts a bit too, they're pulling the focus away from the char :)

MistressPookyChan
12-16-2005, 03:03 AM
As EB said, one wall per thread, please. :)

I saw the first one on the animewallpaper community on LiveJournal, if I'm not mistaken. I thought it was very nice. My biggest gripe is the font. Is it too... bubbly and pink for the background. I am imagining something in red, to go with the plaid and the character. Also, I think it should be moved up a bit. I kind of like the plaid idea, but I think it looks a bit crooked.

For the second one, I would combine the text. i.e., put the Japanese text near the character. Also, when you use Japanese text, always get it proof-read by someone if your japanese isn't so good. The adjective should be before the noun. For example: kawaii neko (cute cat).

Raven
12-16-2005, 07:40 AM
First wall: I like it, very nice, I was liking the plaid idea, but it doesn't really fit. Maybe get the same sort of theme as the fabric on the side of the sleigh. You know, tie the different ideas together. Also there's some extraction issues on the, what is it, arm, foot(?) of the sleigh, the part in the plaid, theres jagged white chunks on it. Take the eraser as a brush and clean it up a bit. All in all, I like it, it's very nice.

Second wall: I never even noticed the Japanese in the corner. I'd say either remove it or move it down with the rest of the text. And the bg, definately needs some lovin' to it. Maybe try and incorporate some blue into it, get some brushes, add add to it. *a thought* maybe make the text a blueish color. Black is somewhat harsh/sharp, and doesn't really fit with the wall.

They are very good, good drawing too. Good job.