PDA

View Full Version : Sword's FFVII:AC Wallpapers

Sword
12-04-2005, 09:23 AM
I'll start by posting my latest wallpaper ^^
This took me about half an hour:

kaisen
12-04-2005, 09:29 AM
Whoa! Nice one!!! Everything's awesome... tho I can't see Cloud clearly T-T too bad ><; he's hawt <3 but at least Vincent is visible haha. But good job realli! Keep it up^^

Sword
12-04-2005, 09:33 AM
thanks for that ^_^ I made it so that you can hardly see cloud on purpose. That's why I used that particular pic as well.

MistressPookyChan
12-04-2005, 09:41 AM
there is TOO much going on, IMO. I like the characters in the back, but do you want to bring focus to cloud or to sephiroth? In other words, what do you want your main focus to be?

Sword
12-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Everything...In other words, Advent Children as a whole. And everthing that is happening around Cloud. That's why I used the sad pic of him. It's too much for him to bear as he at the center of it all.

MistressPookyChan
12-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Then it makes for a very cluttered wallpaper. The eyes don't know what to look at. I would suggest taking the cloud scene and making it a little more crisp and to the front. then, getting rid of the sephiroth scene. This will create a theme of "Cloud and supporting friends".

Sword
12-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Then it makes for a very cluttered wallpaper. The eyes don't know what to look at. I would suggest taking the cloud scene and making it a little more crisp and to the front. then, getting rid of the sephiroth scene. This will create a theme of "Cloud and supporting friends".
I don't want to. And what do you mean "The eyes don't know what to look at"?

Cantelope
12-04-2005, 10:00 AM
If you want it to be about Cloud, make the center of him more noticeable. Now that I look at it, I can only see his hair and some of his chin. He's totally overshadowed by the other pictures, and because of that, it looked to me like just a buttload of random images put together with the erase tool.

Once you explained it though up earlier, I can see it now. But It's all about first impressions.

MistressPookyChan
12-04-2005, 10:01 AM
You don't have to do anything, but why post your wallpaper here for cretique if you're not going to accept what anyone has to say except "you rox!!!11! 10/10"? The point of this forum is to help each other out. I am trying to help you because your wallpaper looks very cluttered. Good art has some sort of focal point, a point where the eye is drawn to.

Sword
12-04-2005, 10:25 AM
What about these wallpapers:

Anime^fangirl^Shenlu
12-04-2005, 10:38 AM
I prefer the 2nd one, where you've actually written Advent Children ^_^ Makes it easier to understand instead of just a bunch of characters... (for instance, if someone doesn't know what AC is... it'll just looklike a bunch of characters lol.) But because you've put the title in it looks good, way to go.

(1000th post, Finally!! whew)

LittleMomo
12-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Wow! All of your walls are great!:happy:

Sword
12-04-2005, 10:58 AM
The blending or extracting isn't so good on that one. Tho that was one of my first ones.

LittleMomo
12-04-2005, 11:22 AM
It's still great anyway.:happy:

Eva®
12-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Hmmm nice, I don't like the hudge amount of characters you use.. Maybe you could try the next time to choose one character? , anyways you can see your creative, and what anime^fangirl^shenlu said a title makes it more like a wallpaper instead of a college.. you also could put down your name in a corner, I mean , MAN it's made by you xDD xP

Sword
12-04-2005, 11:55 AM
The problem with me is that if I don't cram the thing full of pics, then I have to make some fancy BG, which i hate doing. Oh and I'm not really used to writing my name on them cos I'm the only person who uses them ^^; This is the first time I've actually posted my work on the internet lol

Himura Enishi
12-04-2005, 02:04 PM
it seems like all you're doing is extractions out a bunch of pictures and just running them through a few filters and tweaking their transparency...'Fancy backgrounds' as you put it are what make a wallpaper unique, work on trying to make a wall with just one character and creating a theme around them......man i havent been here in a lonnnnnnnng time

spX
12-05-2005, 05:45 PM
well... collage isn't used very often these days. There's no need to fill the entire wallpaper, and there are better ways to do it. Rococo isn't always the best solution. The last wallpaper is pretty good, but try resolving some extraction issues (see the tail on red XXI(i don't remember his/her? name). Don't be so rude, people here is just trying to be helpful.

Xian Pu
12-05-2005, 05:53 PM
First of all the general rule of thumb is one wall per thread.

Now onto the one wall I'm willing to even talk about in this thread- the first one. I dislike collages. They're too cluttered. There is no central focal point. You're staring at too much all at once.

And as a moderator MistressPookyChan said- if you can't take critiques then go on over to 4chan for some real ego destroying. ^_^

Masali
12-05-2005, 05:53 PM
You don't have to do anything, but why post your wallpaper here for cretique if you're not going to accept what anyone has to say except "you rox!!!11! 10/10"? The point of this forum is to help each other out. I am trying to help you because your wallpaper looks very cluttered. Good art has some sort of focal point, a point where the eye is drawn to.Haven't you heard? Thats not allowed! thats breaking the invisable rule #1337 that if you have an opinion you're NOT allowed to state it unless it has been approved by animegalleries alluminati as being exactly the same as everyone else's so that NO ONE is offended no matter how bad the poem, Wallpaper, Fan art is. Critique is NOT allowed unless you're a mod or have 17 bajillion posts. However, I do like the wallpaper, Even though it is FF (the bane of my existence). Let's just say...it's alot better than I Could do. Good job, sword.

spX
12-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Now onto the one wall I'm willing to even talk about in this thread- the first one. I dislike collages. They're too cluttered. There is no central focal point. You're staring at too much all at once.
mmm... a wallpaper doesn't need always a focal point... since the intention is decorating in most of cases and not communicate, the need of a central point is incorrect. Focusing on several points to generate a "main idea" is used sometimes in gotic (see this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/Gothic_altar_veit_stoss.jpg/300px-Gothic_altar_veit_stoss.jpg)), barroque (here (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagen:Rubens.adoration.650pix.jpg)) and others type of art. Maybe the intention of a central point is the theme, or the entire wallpaper. Also maybe is better if you tell him how to do it better, how to correct it.

Xian Pu
12-05-2005, 07:07 PM
*sigh*

n00bs

Look man, there IS no cure for a collage except the trash can. Baroque art is hung on the wall; not placed on your monitor for you to stare at getting a headache. No, seriously bouncing your eyes around a wallpaper like that causes eye strain which in turn causes headaches.

If this person and only IF this person wants advice they won't argue with someone trying to give it. I mean, I would understand if this person was being mean spirited and or just a nuisance; but this is Pooky we're talking about. One of the nicest people on the freakin' planet. There is no need, was no need to lash out at her.
I, on the other hand am known to speak my mind; and yes that has gotten me chewed out.

So, onto the topic at hand. I don't personally like the wall, I would take it apart piece by piece and find one character and go from there. I don't like clutter on my desktop. Period. Most ninety nine percent of the internet doesn't either.

MistressPookyChan
12-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Haven't you heard? Thats not allowed! thats breaking the invisable rule #1337 that if you have an opinion you're NOT allowed to state it unless it has been approved by animegalleries alluminati as being exactly the same as everyone else's so that NO ONE is offended no matter how bad the poem, Wallpaper, Fan art is. Critique is NOT allowed unless you're a mod or have 17 bajillion posts. However, I do like the wallpaper, Even though it is FF (the bane of my existence). Let's just say...it's alot better than I Could do. Good job, sword.

*points to title* I am a mod and I have always encouraged cretiquing, but there is a right and a wrong way to do it. When giving a cretique, give examples of what they can change and be civil about it. (and yes, this is posted in the rules, so it's not invisible) So, I don't know what or who you are eluding to in your sarcasm, but if you have an issue with the mods or with me, bring it up to me in PM where we can discuss it.

NOW, back to the topic at hand (And it better stay on the topic of the wallpaper...) ... collages can be good if done correctly. I have seen some great ones. But usually they have some sort of theme. The artist said that his theme was Cloud and the people that surround them. However, Cloud isn't that visible. So, it's hard to figure out the theme of this particular collage. If the artist has problems making backgrounds, then maybe he should practice and play around with his art program. We all start somewhere. :)

Masali
12-06-2005, 04:47 PM
nope. I have no problems with you as a mod. I Think you're one of the good mods on the site. And when I give critique I try to make it productive but...alot of the time that still doesn't work...

Sword
12-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Hmm...Is this even about my wallpapers anymore Oo;

MistressPookyChan
12-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Sword, sorry. I tried to put it back on the topic of your wallpaper, but Masali had a cretique about the mods. Hopefully he will keep it to PM from now on. ;)

In fact, most of the posts are about your wallpaper. Your style is called a collage, and that is what is being discussed.

Sword
12-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Don't worry about it ^^
Besides, I got new wallpapers to renew the discussion. Every ten wallpapers I do two versions of the same one. That one of Tifa is version B. In version A, the black and white pictures don't have that blur effect. These are wallpapers 30 and 30(b). For version B I inverted the background to make it blue then added a lens flare behind Cloud.

^Chaos^
12-08-2005, 06:23 PM
I like the second
set that you did.
Heh ^_^

Surimano
12-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Wow, pretty good

MistressPookyChan
12-09-2005, 04:36 AM
NOW you're getting it! Though I wouldn't put the text behind the cloudy characters; bring it out to the front.

spX
12-09-2005, 10:45 AM
ok... this is the 3rd time i write this reply... i wanna suicide... mmmm no... it's better going home and eating something... ok... the progress you have done is simply amazing. Keep your style, but always try something different... about the wallpapers... they're great! the 2nd one is the best. there are two things.. one is the text.. do what pooky says... everyone wanna read it (old memories are coming in my head... and i remember something... where's my "backup" of FFVII???). The other thing is this (http://alumnos.elo.utfsm.cl/~aparga/asdas.jpg) , can you do the LF the same color as the bg? or it dissapear?

Good bye and Good wallpapering... (mmm such word exist?:laugh: )

pd: sorry about the bad english... maybe i should write in spanish... or admis goes mad if do it? se enojan de verdad? alguien más aca habla español? can you see this -> ñ ? mmmm... i'm going off topic...

Sword
12-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone. Anyone got any ideas for what I should do for the next one?

escaflownemoon
12-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Next one for what? Just to comment on the last two wallpaper is only the lens flare that doesn't seem like it needs to be there at all. In the blue version it looks bad with the orange circle...lol but in the beige version seems fine. I can see you are making improvements with a focal point but somehow I still find Tifa overrides Cloud and the other dude. I'm not sure if that is intentional or that Tifa's picture size is larger than the rest. Good good, keep going on. ^^

Sintyr
12-13-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't know about you guys but I think the date is going to be pushed back, AGAIN!

dragonking
12-13-2005, 01:46 PM
That is an awesome wallpaper. It shows many of the main characters from advent children. It gives us a good look into what the characters of advent children will look like. This wallpaper shows me that the characters will look really awesome on the movie.

Sintyr
12-13-2005, 01:47 PM
I bet they will somehow find some way to release another tantalizing treat before our eyes and ears before pushing it into feb.

dragonking
12-13-2005, 01:47 PM
I hope that the date doesn't get pushed back again. I have been waiting on the movie to come out for a long time.

dragonking
12-13-2005, 01:48 PM
If they push it into february then the movie will just keep on getting pushed back

Sintyr
but in the last movie they lost all realistic looks when they began to move. NOT in any way shape or form trying to sound displeased with the quality of the movie

dragonking
Hopefully they can just decide on a date to release it and stick to the plan.

dragonking
12-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Even if it lost the realistic looks it will still be an awesome movie just because it is based on final fantasy 7 and the game is one of the best games ever. Also because they are having sephiroth in the movie it will make it really good.

dragonking
12-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Let's just hope that it won't be pushed back again and we can finally see the movie after all the waiting.

Italian_Thug
12-13-2005, 01:53 PM
I like the top wallpaper... very original build, as well. Good work.

Cliche Death Tactics
12-13-2005, 02:41 PM
I like all three, Sword. I'm not going to get into a deep opinion on any of them, but I will just state something about the very first: I love it. I've alwasy disliked wallpapers that give you one thing to focus on, for it is very dull to my eyes. I like collages, and that one shall now be my favorite. I love FFVII: AC, and all of the characters you put in the wallpaper! Good job. ^^;

Sword
12-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks ^^
dragonking and sintyr, this isn't a discussion about the movie or it's release date, so stop spamming my thread.