PDA

View Full Version : Heart and Soul *look*

Abdoun
11-26-2005, 10:00 PM
This took every bit of heart and soul of mine to make. From the little border to the pictures. It took my two hours to think of the right way to project the beauty of kenshin, it was worth it as you can tell :D . Whoa, i feel soo happy now, that this beauty is over. Well tell me what you think. Oh, that Kanji writting, meaning honor. Whoa, I FEEL SOO GREAT!!!

ryoga-one
11-27-2005, 10:28 AM
you're probly gonna be mad at me for sayin it, but it looks like it was easy to make

Abdoun
11-27-2005, 10:54 AM
it was easy to make, but the idea was the hardest task. Its hard to make a 1280 X1040 pixel wall paper with kenshin and make it look neat. But, everything is easy to make, its coming up with the idea is the hard part. give me some more constructive criticism people.

Sophonax
11-27-2005, 12:05 PM
It seems like you didn't work too hard -enough- on it. The boxes should be the same width and probably the same height too. The space between the boxes should be slightly larger, and the border should be reduced from 3px to 1px. Center everything! Both horizontal and vertical. x_x;

That should give you something to work with.

Abdoun
11-27-2005, 01:29 PM
the boxes are the same widith, its just an illusion to the eyes because of the borders and the deeply contrasted colors of black and white. but i disagree, i think i put alot of mind effort into it, wall papers do not have to have fancy designs and such. But i will take your tips in consideration. Thank You.

AngelicXx
11-27-2005, 01:42 PM
simplicity is always nice, I guess.
k, take off the white parts of the pictures in the box, their too much at odds with the giant black BG. Also, touch up the pictures in the kenshin ones, cause their low quality pictures.

Abdoun
11-27-2005, 01:58 PM
simplicity is always nice, I guess.
k, take off the white parts of the pictures in the box, their too much at odds with the giant black BG. Also, touch up the pictures in the kenshin ones, cause their low quality pictures.
thats true, but i was looking for high quality ones and couldnt find any, only at the alabotross website, but they really didnt have the ones i was looking for. Iam goan try to fix them up right now. Thank you! :D

Sophonax
11-27-2005, 02:53 PM
http://www.animegalleries.net/ do have a huge gallery. O_o; Check it out of you need scans. Or you can take a look at http://www.minitokyo.net/ . Have fun.

As you said about the boxes. I've attached a picture which tells you otherwise. zoom in and see for yourself.

By seeing this, I can for sure say I've worked with graphics far longer than you. The contrast between black and white has nothing to do with it. I'm currently using a 1600x1200px large desktop, which makes it harder for me to see detailes like that, but I noticed.

Don't you dare try to say otherwise, and that I changed the size of the boxes. Other people can see for themselves.

Abdoun
11-27-2005, 03:10 PM
wow wow..simmer down there, iver never seen some1 go this extreme to prove someone wrong. Whoa......

anywho.. i eddited the spacing my master!!!!

but thanks for the links, (but i personally think that you gotta control your self sometimes and not let things get to you on a high personal level)

but i still think its still not perfectly aligned, i tried.

LittleMomo
11-27-2005, 03:29 PM
This looks great! I think you should put it as an avatar, but i'll be too small.:happy:Anyway, it looks pretty good.

AngelicXx
11-27-2005, 03:36 PM
By seeing this, I can for sure say I've worked with graphics far longer than you. The contrast between black and white has nothing to do with it. I'm currently using a 1600x1200px large desktop, which makes it harder for me to see detailes like that, but I noticed.
I really hope that wasnt directed at me.
Im just going to say that, it would be unwise if it was.

Sophonax
11-27-2005, 03:57 PM
AngelicXx. You're not the owner of the thread. Why would I say such to you? Hostestly, you silly. <3 x]

Abdoun. Just to tell you. I hate it when things aren't properly placed. x_x; Sorry for my perfectionism.

Abdoun
11-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Abdoun. Just to tell you. I hate it when things aren't properly placed. x_x; Sorry for my perfectionism.
lol its all good, i can be a perfectionist some times.

AngelicXx
11-27-2005, 04:34 PM
ok.. o.o
Im too defensive >.<
sowwy.

Xian Pu
11-27-2005, 05:12 PM
My honest opinion? It's really bland. If you had something going on in the black BG; even if it's something real subtle, that'd help it a lot. As for the title. It's unneccesary to put *look* like that. The only reason you'd want to put anything in asterisks is if there is some type of material that may be taken offensively in one form or another. If not, the trust me, the wall WILL get looked at and commented on.

MistressPookyChan
11-28-2005, 06:30 AM
I love the simplicity of it. However, why is only one box colored and the rest monotone? I would put them all the same hue; be it greyscale or sepia or whatever. there are a TON of image galleries out there. Check out the stickie in this forum called "image galleries" for links.

Thank you for changing the diamention of the boxes to be equal. I noticed it as well. Instead of being pissy at Soph for mentioning it, you should have be thankful that Soph took time out of their day to help you with your wallpaper.

Angelic, calm down.

Abdoun
11-28-2005, 02:02 PM
well, i wanted to keep in her color for a symbloic reason. More connecting to her character of peace and love.

Cervan
12-03-2005, 05:25 PM
hmm intersting idea it would make a great wallpaper not eye catching perfect my friend for me i love huge beautifull even if catches my eye (it should every time i look at it.)