PDA

View Full Version : Stuck =/ Help? XD

EternalBlue
10-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Well, I got this far with this, but I felt it was still a bit empty, so I decided to add some text. Problem is I can't find a place where it feels right to put it =/ Or maybe I should just take out the text. Anyway, tell me what you think, and if you have other suggestions aside from the text, feel free to chime in :) I will of course be working on the stars, so this isn't totally complete yet xD

Edit:
Removed, new version below.

Xian Pu
10-30-2005, 06:28 PM
The scan needs to be cleaned up a lot, it's grainy. Other than the scan, I'd say leave the text where it's at, or remove it entirely. There seems to be a large backlash against text recently for some odd reason. Dunno why though. Any way, I like the text, but it feels just as good without it. Oh snap! You could always add a shooting star- across the moon, or just to the right of it. An idea. *shrug*

EternalBlue
10-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Any spots that really stick out as reaaally badly grainy? I tried fixing it up before, but it turned out cruddy anyway lol. Might have to recolor the whole thing, but maybe it'll work if I fix up the really bad parts.

Xian Pu
10-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the whole scan is grainy. Especially around the hair/head area. :( Sorry.

EternalBlue
10-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Lol no worries, I was already starting to clean up before I posted that last message. Is this any better? Or should I just give up trying to clean it and recolor the whole thing =/

Edit:
Removed, new version below.

Demond
10-30-2005, 09:23 PM
take out the text that way you wont have a problem

EternalBlue
10-30-2005, 10:11 PM
There isn't any text on the new one =/ lol aside from my sig anyway.

Xian Pu
10-30-2005, 10:40 PM
:( Hate me now cause, yeah, it needs to be recolored. However, the shooting stars RAWK! Great job on those. Just recolor the scan and a winrar is yuo! ^_^

EternalBlue
10-31-2005, 12:20 AM
Haha yea, thought so. Time to start vectoring this thing xD. *wonders how vector + soft-CG will look* anyways yea, I'll repost in a while after I finish the vectoring and stuff.

Xian Pu
10-31-2005, 03:39 AM
Haha yea, thought so. Time to start vectoring this thing xD. *wonders how vector + soft-CG will look* anyways yea, I'll repost in a while after I finish the vectoring and stuff.

Can't wait. ^^'

MuZ0NaZ
10-31-2005, 06:04 AM
Aside from the scan, the star-way (or whatever that line of sparkles in the middle is called) is pretty bland :\ Add some bluish glow, not pure white, and probably try to darken the ground texture/grass, looks kinda weird now. Moon needs some sort of blending with the wall itself.

MistressPookyChan
10-31-2005, 07:21 AM
I would make the star band A LOT softer. it looks too fake right now. How about adding shimmer to the grass?

BTW, DONT DO TEXT unless it is really small. Text could totally ruin it. Though, I know you have some spiffy cursive fonts that would look nice if done well. Good luck!

EternalBlue
11-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Alright, after almost a whole week of working on the vector, I'm finally done xD. Anyways, I used a combination of vectoring with soft-CG to make it fairly similar to the original. To the wall, added a bit of shimmer to the grass. Also, I took out the star-sparkle-path-whatever thing on one version because I just couldn't figure out how to play with it lol. Does it look good without it, or does the wall really need it there to fill some space?

Xian Pu
11-06-2005, 03:01 AM
Still a little bit of negative space, but I think it looks fine as is myself. *shrug*

3BladeDemoness
11-06-2005, 04:01 AM
The only thing that is really annoying me is that end bit on her hair that goes from red to brown! GOD thats annoying

EternalBlue
11-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Red to brown? ooooooook.....*doesn't see that at all* The only part where that -might- be true is where her hair goes over her eye.

wizz-o-matic
11-06-2005, 08:44 AM
... o_O; neaither I can see that ...

anyway, I'm missing that star sparkles ... ;_; I'd say keep them and add a lil bluish glow to them (like Muz suggested)

Cantelope
11-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Wow!! What a fantastic concept.

I think a good way to make this wall more convicing would be to decrease the size of the moon, and strengthen the shadows and highlights, to emphasize the mare (the darker parts of the moon). Because I mean, realistically, if the moon was that close, we'd have tsunami's the size of the empire state building. =D

The notice the glow effects on the moon are yellow too. x.x; You should change it to maybe a soft gray, or close to white. If you really want to have some detail, grab the binoculars tonight and take a good look at the moon. Oh, you should make the falling stars smaller. They're never that huge, and you should drop the opacity just a tad.

Now the ground looks really odd. @_@ I mean, you have some flat teal, and then a tiny patch of green here and there. It looks alot like my neighboors lawn. Horribly taken care of. You should perhaps, use that one grassy brush, and make the ground more wild, as if it's totally natural out there, untouched by man.

As for text, maybe you can kind of make it wavy in the starscape, and maybe have it go along the lines of, "Let's run away somewhere...far away...together" Or something like that. The title would be like...ambitions or dreams, or... I'm really bad with lines <_<;;

Good luck with this =D

EternalBlue
11-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Lol, I'm totally getting mixed impressions about the grass. Personally I like it, might add in a bit more. I showed a few other graphics-friends on MSN, and it's basically a half/half split. Maybe I'll make 2 different versions lol.

Raven
11-07-2005, 07:52 AM
I like the grass, its has that windblown effect.. sorta. But ya, the moon is where I'm seeing some problems, the size I can get over, its the lack of dimension, it looks very flat, and looks kind of like stucco on a wall. The stars too, they are very clustered, where theres a lot in one area and none in the other. But other than those, I really like it.

3BladeDemoness
11-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Ergh.. don't worry I was talking about some thing else, but it looks great the stars are fine in my opinion but I agree with Raven about the moon too flat :/

MistressPookyChan
11-07-2005, 08:01 AM
here's me being totally nitpicky: I would vary the transparency of the shooting stars. It would add more depth to the wall; make it more 3D.

EternalBlue
11-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Ok, stars I can work on. But the moon.....anyone good at making moons more dimensional? I mean I've spherized the @(#$ outta that thing and it doesn't seem to do much. Maybe I should stick more shadow on the top left or something... Any ideas?

Xian Pu
11-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Polygon lasso tool, select a feather (I'd say around 4, or 5) select a corner (this is important) of the moon, use the dropper tool to find the color of the moon, and then go up or down in that color...

You know what? Never mind that. This is the moon, not a ball in the sky... Hrm, for the moon, I don't know what to tell ya. But, I can agree with the assesment that it is a smidge too close; shrink it a bit, then, maybe add what CP called the mare to the bottom corner (use the above method) to help make it more dimensional.

akachan
11-08-2005, 03:38 AM
the concept it's extremely wonderful *___* OMG
btw it needs work.
the moon: can you find a different pic for it? if you search on google you'll find it very easily ^^, just a bit smaller, more detailed and with a grey-blue outer glow ^^(not yellow)
the stars: add more, than for the falling ones: can you find a realistic-stars-brush? they seems a bit out of place now, not realistic. because the other stars are really relistic. And of course, a blue hue ^^
for the grass: some diffusion glow without graininess?
for her: some blur? (double layer with soft blur and overlay)
Maybe it needs only more softness, a sweet dream atmosphere?
Btw you're a great waller, I know you'll made a perfect wall! *_*

EternalBlue
11-09-2005, 09:20 PM
How's this?

-played with the stars a bit
-resized/recoloured the moon (yes I made it from scratch and I have absolutely no idea why the original glow(does it still look?) was yellowish, since I definitely set it to white.
-added more shadow contrast to the moon, I'm still not sure if it's good enough =/
-re-added the starband with a blue tint
-varied the opacity of the shooting stars slightly, and put some blue tint on them

Whatdya think? Better? Change it back? Moon good enough? I'm pretty much outta ideas now heh.

Xian Pu
11-10-2005, 03:47 AM
Muuuch better.

MistressPookyChan
11-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Much better!

sumae_the_firewolf
11-10-2005, 08:34 AM
I agree after seeing the other one I did thinkthis one was better. You do very good work keep it up!