PDA

View Full Version : Chidori Shower *WARNING*

Xian Pu
10-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Well, I traced Chidori, which in of itself took over seven hours to finish. Stupid original scan was really bad.

The BG though, what does it need? It feels like it's missing something. Help? If not, then what needs tweaking?

Demented_Demon
10-28-2005, 08:22 PM
That is a very well done wallpaper

Xian Pu
10-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Eureka! I think I got it! ^_^^_^

The entirety of what you see is done from scratch. The rod, the rings and the curtain. The curtain is my first vector shape ever, and the rest was done mostly from feel. I think this helps to... finish it, you?

TerraN EmpirE
10-28-2005, 09:04 PM
I think you should add just a little more steam other than that it's perfect.

Xian Pu
10-28-2005, 09:16 PM
I think you should add just a little more steam other than that it's perfect.

Where should I place it though? Or should I bring up the opacity on the already existing steam?

EDIT: The Chidori trace that I did.

Masali
10-28-2005, 09:30 PM
I think you should put some more...hmm, whats the word? Effort.
c'mon! it's a freaking render on a shower canvas. the hell, man?

Xian Pu
10-28-2005, 09:34 PM

huh?

render on a wha?

Dude, I made everything from scratch. There is no render on a shower canvas. I made the bathroom wall, the steam (feather brush with white set to 75%), the 'tiles', the shampoo, soap, and brush are images that I ran some filters through. The shower curtain is a vector shape, the rings and shower rod were done from scratch. I don't see how this is a render on anything. Oh, snap! I also traced Chidori; have I mentioned that?

So, to avoid any... ill will, could you explain what you mean?

TerraN EmpirE
10-29-2005, 05:24 PM
I would say rase the steam to just above her butt. not to thickly but just enough to give her a little more modesty.

MistressPookyChan
10-30-2005, 08:26 AM

Perhaps you should post a wallpaper and prove yourself before bashing other people's ability.

But I do agree, I am not too keen on the shower curtain. The diamentions are way off. More steam=more modesty=more provocative.

TerraN EmpirE
10-30-2005, 12:33 PM
More steam=more modesty=more provocative.
exactly as a friend of mine liked to say "The good lord gave men imaginations to undress pretty ladies"

There is some thing attractive about mysteries, its like a gift trying to imagine what's under the wrapper is half the fun ;)

Xian Pu
10-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Okay, I've brought the steam opacity up to 95% how's it look now? Also, the curtain, any suggestions on it? Any at all-- that are constructive-- would be greatfully appreciated.

NightCaller
10-31-2005, 08:19 AM
I'd bring the steam up a bit higher, perhaps mid back level. As for the shower curtain, I agree that it doesn't look quite right. One that being torn off would not have the straight creases or have them so profound. Also, the rings would be bouncing around a bit I think.

Demond
10-31-2005, 08:56 AM
I'd bring the steam up a bit higher, perhaps mid back level. As for the shower curtain, I agree that it doesn't look quite right. One that being torn off would not have the straight creases or have them so profound. Also, the rings would be bouncing around a bit I think. i think your right the curtains should be messed alittle and the steam should cover more of her body that way say if an admin were to see this he wouldnt get in trouble also so it looks real

Xian Pu
10-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Okay, I pulled the steam up to her midsection- does anyone have any clue as to how I can fix the curtain? Anyone?

Princess Minako
10-31-2005, 10:07 AM
put a simple repetitive design on the shower curtain and run a plastic filter over it to make it look more "plasticy". LIke maybe a blue dot pattern or something. That might help.

The Goddess has Spoken

The Rebel
10-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Well, I traced Chidori, which in of itself took over seven hours to finish. Stupid original scan was really bad.

The BG though, what does it need? It feels like it's missing something. Help? If not, then what needs tweaking?I have to say it's pretty good. But you're right about the BG. You have alot of empty space in that lower left corner just above you name. I don't know much about wallpapers, but I have studied art for awhile. So here is my OPINION, opinion only. I'd put some text in the lower left corner, something relating to the wallpaper its'self. And maybe tone down the brightness of the whole picture too.

Xian Pu
10-31-2005, 07:12 PM
The lower left is dedicated to the shower curtain. What would be appropriate for this as something word wise?

NightCaller
10-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Just a guess, but if the curtain is being ripped off by accident, then the part that is off would have a straight edge up to the ring that is still holding <holding?>. The curtain would then have a normal edge on top but would show angled folds at leading from bottom left up to the last ring. Beyond that going to the right, I would hazard a guess and say that the curtain would only show folds or crumples near the area being grabbed or pushed on, the rest would be smooth. A pattern would also help depending on what you see the bathroom decoration to be. Then again I've seen alot of curtains that have no pattern, just color.

The steam level and the opacity I think are perfect.

<edit> and I still think the rings should be bouncing around a bit.

Xian Pu
10-31-2005, 08:00 PM
Any idea how I could get the shower to crumple like you've suggested?

NightCaller
10-31-2005, 09:18 PM
The only thing I can think of is to get a shower curtain and test it out. Other that that I would think that the proper use of shading might do the trick.

I have to state though, I'm not an artist by any stretch of the word. The most I can do is stick figures. And even they don't turn out very well. Mabey a little cg but it takes forever to get anything done.