PDA

View Full Version : The Most dramatic romance anime you've ever seen???

-akichan-
10-21-2005, 08:20 PM
I would say Ayashi No Ceres, why?? because there were just alot of stories going on, especially from the beginning that Aya lost her parents then lost her brother, her brother was even being used with his body by another spirit and Aya had to be strong and be able to survive that theres another spirit in her body as well.

She met Touya, the guy she loved, they went through alot, losing eachother then got back together. Touya was killed by Aya's brother right at when Aya found out she was pregnant. How dramatc....-cries- T.T; my fav series btw^^;

~Ling Xiaoyu~
10-21-2005, 09:53 PM
I found Fushigi Yuugi pretty dramatic. Miaka falls into a book, falls in love with Tamahome, her best friend loves him too and tries to keep them apart...Tasuki falls for Miaka, Tamahome and Miaka realize they can't be together and try everything to stay together...Yui(The best friend) summons seiryuu to keep Miaka and Tamahome apart and he manages to reach her time anyway...need I say more? <.<

sosoChan
10-22-2005, 10:30 AM
I found Fushigi Yuugi pretty dramatic. Miaka falls into a book, falls in love with Tamahome, her best friend loves him too and tries to keep them apart...Tasuki falls for Miaka, Tamahome and Miaka realize they can't be together and try everything to stay together...Yui(The best friend) summons seiryuu to keep Miaka and Tamahome apart and he manages to reach her time anyway...need I say more? <.<Yeah I totaly agree with you, and I also think fruits basket is very dramitic too, I mean Every charecter in this anime have a sad past in his life, *sniff, sniff* poor guys.

.Lovebeat
10-22-2005, 10:45 AM
I would say Ayashi No Ceres, why?? because there were just alot of stories going on, especially from the beginning that Aya lost her parents then lost her brother, her brother was even being used with his body by another spirit and Aya had to be strong and be able to survive that theres another spirit in her body as well.

She met Touya, the guy she loved, they went through alot, losing eachother then got back together. Touya was killed by Aya's brother right at when Aya found out she was pregnant. How dramatc....-cries- T.T; my fav series btw^^;

That's soooo sad!! T_T (And I wanted to see that anime...now I know what will happen XD)

Well, I would say...Full moon wo sagashite. *warning, here comes spoilers*
First of all, Mitsuki (the main character) is trying her best to find her childhood love (is that the name for it?), when she finally arrives at his home (from Japan to America) his grandparents (not his real cuz he was adopted) told her that he was...dead! T_T And the Takuto (a shinigami, someone that have to job to retrieve her soul) that is her friend, follows her, protects her, falls in love with her (well, he's dead, a shinigami and a human doesn't really match)...and he sacrificed himself for her at the end T_T

Mrs_Ren_Tao
10-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Tsubasa Cronicals it's sooo overdramatic.

Die Tod von Euch
10-22-2005, 12:02 PM
Can we please put all spoilers in spoiler tags?

A lot of romance anime and manga is dramatic. If it doesn't make you teary-eyed at some point, it's not a good romance series. That's what I say, at least.

Fabala
10-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Agreed. But not all make you actually care about the characters, actually WANT to see them end up together in the end (mind you, I'm not big on romance anime in the first place...maybe I generally care about it less than most?). The one that did me in is Marmalade Boy. It has its faults, it has its flaws, it certainly goes over the top on more than one occasion (and I almost wish the last season didn't exist).

Still...there's something about Miki and Yuu that kept me watching. Something about their genuine feelings for each other. That they love each other in spite of the obstacles constantly thrown in their way, that they seem to love each other all the more for their flaws.

Maybe it's even the fact that they are normal that appeals to me. They aren't transcending time with their love, or meeting in other worlds, or battling it out in space. They're going to school, having first kisses, first crushes, dealing with the wild ideas of their parents. What girl doesn't want her very own Matsuura Yuu?

Ashminigun
10-24-2005, 11:45 PM
*joins in the frenzy...

Hmmm... Romance anime is not really my dept. but the most dramatic romance anime I watched so far is SaiKano aka She, the Ultimate Weapon. All the trial and tribulation that Shuji and Chise throughout the series will make me think that people do many things that sometimes stupid and dangerous all because of love. If I really love romance type, I sure will be crying.

'nough said...

Terra
10-25-2005, 07:36 AM
hmmmm.... i would say kimi ga nozomu eien.... i won't say any spoilers... but i think it's the most dramatic romance anime i've ever seen.....

-akichan-
10-25-2005, 07:55 AM
hmmmm.... i would say kimi ga nozomu eien.... i won't say any spoilers... but i think it's the most dramatic romance anime i've ever seen.....
Ohhh i agree, there were alot of dramas going on at the begining, i only watched the beginning but it was all good^^;

craze4urahara
10-25-2005, 08:05 AM
2 me,i think ayashi no ceres is the most dramatic anime i've seen.. btw,it's also kinda sad..*sniff sniff* but i love it anyway!

mokulen22
10-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Peach Girl, that's all about drama. heehee.

Mizuiro
10-29-2005, 10:22 PM
I would say, Sai Kano, also known as The Last Love Story on this Little Plant.
It's so sad that I cried at every volume T.T
But it's a good manga none the less! ^.^

-akichan-
11-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Omg Saikano!!! yes i know, that anime is realli dramatic, there were lot sof stories and things going on, i love it^^;

sumae_the_firewolf
11-04-2005, 08:27 PM
In my opinion Saikano is the most dramatic romance out there. CHise is turned into the ultimate weapon and evern though she causes mass destruction she falls in love with Shuji. They have many many problems and there are many sad moments like the one where the shoulder who put Chises picture on his gun died... that made me cry... but yes in my opinion it is the best.

lovelykagome
11-07-2005, 06:46 AM
well i think Kimi ga Nozumu Eien Kiminozo, Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres are very dramatic romance animes

Chi#1
11-07-2005, 08:03 AM
i have to say i have seen lots of dramatic animes and one that i recomend or would say is the most dramatic would be Elfen Lied, it just came out so i dont expect most of you to kno it....i guess i can spoil it....lmao..^_^ just alittle

Its about this girl *named Lucy by her captors but is called Nyu by the pple she lives with* who has mental powers *her kind call Diocliones or something like that...* and she has horns that look like ears. Ever since she was small she has always been feared and picked on and one day she developes split pesonalities one evil and one totally innocent...she meets a young boy he lied to her she kills his sister and father in front of him...then about 8 or 5 years later she escapes froma laboratory and he finds her *but he has lost his memory b/c of shock* that and add his cousin who's in love with him a girl that now lives with them b/c she was sexually abused by her step dad and another dioclione who was supposed to kill her...now they all live in the same house..and you kno that one guy living in a house with 4 women will cause lots of drama...lmao..pm me if u wanna find out about elfen lied

3BladeDemoness
11-07-2005, 08:09 AM
I would have to say Inuyasha, at times it can get a little too much with the whole Kikyo VS. Kagome thing, but apart from that its a fantastic show...

Ωmega
11-07-2005, 08:28 AM
i have to agree with Die Tod von Euch...i think all romance anime/mangas have to be dramatic, to make it itersting. i mean really,what you you rather watch: two lovers trying to overcome thousands of obsticles or two people hooking up?

mimichan1000
11-07-2005, 12:41 PM
i love ayashi no ceres as well. there's so much pain and love happening here...
i liked AI Yori Aoshi. that was good too.;) there were some dramatic moments here as well...

-akichan-
11-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Omg i would also say Kimi Go Nozomu Eien, it is a very dramatic one as well, BD gave me the anime cos i wanted to see it knowing its great. The beginning already have lots of dramas happening.

stigmatize
11-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Hmm...i'm not really that much of a fan for romance anime, but i suppose one of the most dramatics one is probably Chrno Crusade. I didn't quite like the ending. It was kinda deepresing and dramatic towards the end, because Rosette got kidnapped and hypnotized....then they all had to die together.

But i thought the scene where both she and Chrno died together peacefully was quite sweet and romantic, despite all the drama.

loveislove
11-09-2005, 08:38 AM
i dont' like romance anime , but i think it so cute !

kenji_son_of_kenshin
11-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Kenshin OVA's hands down ...depresing

animeseishi
11-10-2005, 03:56 AM
kenshin's OVA and ayashi no ceres...

Uno_Caste
01-24-2006, 10:55 PM
I'd say Fruits Basket..as always for me...the best! Though it ended so early anime, but the dramatic shock I got after watching the last part was very deep. It's so0 sad that I can't say a word & it made my heart cried not my eyes...(I tried hard not to cry at that time coz my friends would've teased me if I did)lol^_^

wizz-o-matic
01-26-2006, 09:26 AM
hm, for me ... Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

the_caminator
01-26-2006, 11:33 AM
I'd have to say Revolutionary Girl Utena. For two reasons, first it's really the only romance anime I've got and second the drama in the final two episodes I didn't see coming.

For example in ep 38 Utena finaly confronts Akio in a bid to stop Anthy's nightmare. Akio then tells her "I'm not a dualist" and that she doesn't even have a concept of what real comat is. I thought that meant that Akio was going to physicaly wound her/kill her, I mean they fight with swords but never get hurt so pain and death is the ultimate expression of dualing, it's the ultimate wager.... However, what I was least expecting was for Anthy to betray the friendship that Utena had nurtured with her, and run Utena through with a sword herself. Thus becoming a true reflection of combat, it's ugly and people die not as a result of the person in front of them but by something they least expect. Very potent stuff.
I mean I thought I had the show sussed right from the start. It was going to go to A then B then C but instead it got to C via Z.

Sora-Neko
01-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Most dramatic... There are a lot out there. Chobits isn't really dramatic, more like shocking. D.n.Angel is quite dramatic. I like the love tirangles that develop in it. And the fact that you have to questiong which twin Daisuke really likes. And sho Satoshi likes too.

I really like Tsubasa Chronicles too. It may seem overdramatic. But to people that knows Sakura and Syaoran's history it will seem really sad and dramatic. I always need tisues near me when I read/watch it. I really like Syoaran's personality in it, because it adds more drama and suspense in his and Sakura's relationship.

Uno_Caste
01-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Most dramatic... There are a lot out there. Chobits isn't really dramatic, more like shocking. D.n.Angel is quite dramatic. I like the love tirangles that develop in it. And the fact that you have to questiong which twin Daisuke really likes. And sho Satoshi likes too.

I really like Tsubasa Chronicles too. It may seem overdramatic. But to people that knows Sakura and Syaoran's history it will seem really sad and dramatic. I always need tisues near me when I read/watch it. I really like Syoaran's personality in it, because it adds more drama and suspense in his and Sakura's relationship.Im looking forward to read/watch the manga/anime of Tsubasa Chronicles coz it sounds pretty cool & yeah...dramatic! Any site refferals linked to Tsubasa Chro..? that has reviews, manga scans or viewable episodes.

xiaxtuxning
01-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Dear's n DNAngel

Sora-Neko
01-27-2006, 01:17 PM
I think DearS is more of a comedy than romance, but there are some dramatic scenes in it. I agree with D.N.Angel though

animeadmirer
01-27-2006, 05:57 PM
D.N.Angel is certainly has plenty of great romantic parts to it without being too cheesy or comedic. I personally detested too much comedy being part of romance. Romance should remain as romance. Not as a source of laughs. Though it ain't a anime of romance Lunar Legend Tsukihime has moments of pure love in it that were so touching. Anime shouldn't be just so that people can laugh at it.

Ichigo_30382
01-29-2006, 02:14 AM
I would say Inuyasha and Dn angel

Sora-Neko
01-29-2006, 11:24 AM
I think the manga Hanazakari no Kimitachi E, is very romantic. I mean the fact that the main character in it pertended she was a boy to get into an all boys school just to be close to the erson she loves is very romantic. And there's a lot more twits that comes into the story as it progresses so that's very touching. It also has it's comedic touch in it. As well as shounen-ai (<--- shounen-ai and yaoi addict). So that made me like t even more.

Akara
01-29-2006, 03:43 PM
I guess I'm going to agree with, Achigo_30382, InuYasha, and Dn - Angel would have to be the most, The Most dramatic romance anime. ^^;

Knuffle Bunny
01-29-2006, 03:56 PM
kenshins OVA.
i don't want to spoil it for the poeple who wish to watch it iin the future.
But its pretty dramatic.

Misaki_San
03-15-2006, 12:11 AM
im gonna have to say kimi ga nozomu eien or mai-hime the anime. sad sad sad sad sad!!!!

~*Athena*~
03-17-2006, 02:44 AM
most dramatic romance..

ayashi no ceres and fushigi yuugi..:chill:

ayame5193
03-24-2006, 12:41 AM
i think the most dramatic romance anime was Ayashi no Ceres, Fushigi Yuugi too:D

[BlackDeath]
03-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Saishuuheiki Kanojo - for obvious reasons for those that have seen it, beautifully crafted story line with very in depth characters. One of the few animes to have emotionally move me so much.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien - another great piece of anime and yet another favourite. Huge character developement which leads the audiance to grow a certain attachment with the characters and learn about them on a more personal level.

Both are more of tragic/sad animes but both have such a strong story.

.:BlackRose:.
03-24-2006, 07:40 PM
I would say inuyasha because the guy cant choose between kikyo or kagome and he is so lovesick for kagome but cant keep his mind off of kikyo..its a twisted romance story!:chill:

Dragon-Heart
03-24-2006, 09:13 PM
D.N.Angel -anyway i have mostly read the manga- it is pretty romantic anyway the anime is kind of cheesy.

shougo amakousa
03-25-2006, 03:26 AM
i would say escaflowne the romance part is good still they dont stay together in the end i like lunar legend i agree it does have moment of pure love

lorie
03-25-2006, 10:06 AM
hmmm d.n. angel, inuyasha and sailor moon

Eichikun
03-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Peach Girl, that's all about drama. heehee.
Peach Girl is all about Drama, especially in Peach Girl Change of Heart.
I mean how hard can it be to say no to idiot ex and stick with Kiley.
*sorry if you haven't read Change of Heart yet*

Tao_Linka
04-01-2006, 05:49 AM
i'm cryin' man!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BlazingSoul
04-01-2006, 07:31 AM
For me probably D.C.S.S ( Da Capo Second Season) or SHUFFLE!. The story and endings are nice at these two.

oh yeah i stumbled on an anime named Tsubasa Chronicle or Chronicle of the wings, its nice to.

james147
05-11-2006, 08:30 AM
tsubatsa and dn angel

shougo amakousa
05-11-2006, 08:35 AM
i forgot D.N.angel.you have to appreciate the love triangle its kind of funny too.>3
also fruits basket one of the best romance anime i have ever seen.^_^

eown07
06-23-2006, 08:21 AM
Kenshin OVA's hands down ...depresing I totally agree with you. Rurouni Kenshin OVAs 1 and 2 are really depressing. Both of them are really, really, really sad. *cries* (Why did you have to die, Tomoe?.....Why?)

Vel
06-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Ayashi No Ceres - sad story and sad ending. The anime is really depressing.

NarutoxHinata
06-23-2006, 10:53 AM
I haven't seen much of this kind of series but to me the most dramatic one i've ever seen is Onegai Teacher.

Ever Dream
06-23-2006, 11:23 AM
hmm.. i think Shuffle! ..

Beautiful_Disaster
06-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Midori Days,theres so many drama and comedy...oh yea romance too!

Midnight's Twilight
06-25-2006, 01:00 PM
I would agree that Ayashi no Ceres tops the charts, although I havent seen it, but Yuu Watase (author) is known for her dramatic romance stories. Others that I really love are Absolute Boyfriend and Saikano.

Fullmoon_light9264
06-25-2006, 04:50 PM
I would also have to say Ayashi No Ceres. Alot happens to Aya and Toya. But in the end the love lives on. Sorry for those of you haven't read or watched the end. but i think it totally suxks that Toya has to die but they don't know when. It's so sad :( , but another drama manga would be Boys over Flowers and MARS. Both really good.

SerenityPeace
08-26-2006, 03:38 AM
Fruits Basket is most dramatic.

loven_sora
08-26-2006, 03:45 AM
there are so many dramatic mangas! :eek:
and there's always a crazy girl in them..
well not really crazy but there's always
another girl that likes the main guy...:sleep:

Rowloman
09-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien all the way. Im only on ep 11 right now though.

tigercat070
09-22-2006, 07:57 AM
fruits basket in the manga is really dramatic like when akito pushed tohru of the cliff and kyo kiss tohru its just so touching

koikazeflip
09-26-2006, 10:08 PM
kimi ga nozomu eien.. really dramatic although the ending was anti-climatic

hard stuff to deal with for takayuki, haruka, and mitsuki

http://www.alkablog.com/uploads/goossy_kimiga.jpg

ST Paraila
09-27-2006, 05:26 AM
Love Hina (Keitaro's quest to find his childhood love).
Although Mononoke-Hime is not a romance anime, the fact that *San and Ashitaka chose to live apart* at the end was very upsetting to me. ><

sherhix21
10-02-2006, 03:44 AM
Ayashi No Ceres - sad story and sad ending. The anime is really depressing.
yes i agree with dark chii.http://www.animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/smile.gif

Yria
10-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Kimi Go Nozomu Eien is the most dramatic romance anime I've seen up until now. What happened to Haruka was realy cruel and wat's worse is that she coudn't do nothing about it.

xPrincessxBerryx
10-08-2006, 10:40 PM
I think it would be peach girl. so much drama. drama after drama after drama.

Ouroboros Anarchy
10-09-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm not really into Romance Anime's but I do agree with Chi#1. Elfen Lied, albeit showing gore and nude in excessive amounts. Has to be one of the most dramatic Romance Anime's commited to DVD.

TheDevil'sReject
10-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Voices of a Distant Star......Beautiful!

iloveyoux
11-02-2006, 12:44 AM
fruits basket. cos iv never seen ayashi no ceres lol.

katrina03
11-30-2006, 06:07 AM
maybe it would be fushigi yuigi...

shmexsay
12-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Peach Girl, definitely. That was probably the most dramatic thing I've ever seen in my life, period.

twice_bitten8807
12-04-2006, 11:35 AM
absolute boyfriend, when she was trying to get knight back.

animereality
12-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Princess Tutu. So sad! It sucks for the duck!

Saphy
12-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Aishiteruze Baby is a great anime. It's sad and theres this mean girl that you think is ganna...Just watch it. It's very Dramatic. It has a romance between the guy and this other girl from his school. but its very cute. Enjoy! ^_^;

Dysis
12-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Fushigi Yugi , Ayashi no Ceres and Peach Girl

MoonPrincess24
12-10-2006, 02:12 AM

same here!!! I know that was pretty sad *cries*

Regalyn
12-19-2006, 03:23 PM
well it's would be Kimi ga Nozumo Eien and Shuffle! then.

Jagan Eye
12-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Well, one of the episodes of .hack//twilight (I think thats what it was called) Rena and Shugo were both being really dramatic when they were being separated. For 5 minutes, it went back and forth showing Shugo screaming, "RENA!" and Rena screaming, "SHUGO!"

Greco
01-04-2007, 12:35 AM
I would say the most dramatic and most romantic for me is SHUFFLE! very romantic and the ending was terrific almost made me cry, just thinking about it makes me sad :(