PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper Opinions

shiori
10-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Well, below is a wallpaper I made about a year and a half ago. The picture had a lot of editing to be done, but please give me any opinions. I'd love critisism too. I would love to know any way I could possibly improve my art. PM me if you'd like me to make you any wallpaper as well.

Ami~chan
10-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Hmmm... It's actually very cute; the photo isn't horribly editted at all. The only think I dislike is the background; perhaps something a bit less... busy... and... bright... I don't know how to explain it, but you're on the right track!

EternalBlue
10-04-2005, 09:34 AM
I think this is on the right track, but for me, the colors aren't vivid enough. Chii and the background look a bit washed out IMO. That's just me of course, I'd play with the saturation levels a bit or maybe even recolor things to make it look more vividly colored ^^

yotsuba-chan
10-04-2005, 02:07 PM
it's so cute!

it's a little grainy though.

Xian Pu
10-04-2005, 10:20 PM
As a suggestion, don't use grainy manga like images with a smooth, clear BG. If you want a grainy look then that's all fine and well, but make sure that your BG matches. This is an example of how a foreground image clashes badly with the BG image. You got two choices as I see it. 1)You can re-color Chii entirely to help her blend in with the BG, or 2) You can drop the clarity of the BG to match that of Chii.
Also, the BG is a bit plain, you may want to do something to liven it up a bit. I'm not sure what exactly, but it does need something. Other than that, you've done a good job so far.

The Wing Man
10-04-2005, 11:36 PM
It is a cute wallpaper but it is just ok.

* Dark Knight *
10-07-2005, 03:55 PM
I'ts good, but the background is very simple . . .