PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Boyfriend

-akichan-
09-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Yuu Watase has done her new work of manga called Absolute Boyfriend from Shoujo Beat, ive read the first chapter which was quiet interesting! it is very funny, about a girl who needs a boyfriend soooooo badly! So she tried to "order" a very hott lookin guy online, then the next day she received a bag of a big person and as she opened, the guy fell out unconciously half naked...Then he started to go out with this girl for 3 days as it was a 3 day trial, but the problem was...after 3 days...they fell in love, and the guy have to return to where he was, but the time he had to return was 3 hrs late! so then the girl have to "buy" him with 1 million dollars!!!!

Have you guys seen it or heard it before? its a very interesting series to have!

sample picture...
http://imadoki.nowadays.free.fr/zekkare/galerie/couleur/riiko_night00.jpg

softrain
09-19-2005, 11:56 PM
So thats what it's is called. Yeah, I've herd of it, my friend told me about it. I WANT IT!!!!

yokoe1887
09-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Yes I've heard of it. I only got to read a lil of it. From what I saw it is going to be very good. I hope to find another manga of it. It seemed so interesting ;_;.

-akichan-
09-20-2005, 12:08 AM
But the thing is, the manga is out only in Shoujo Beat, not as in single yet, got to wait T.T;

Fruits Basket Girl
09-23-2005, 05:37 PM
I've read that from shoujo beat! it's funny, i love that manga! ^_^

Secret Asian Man
09-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Isn't he like a robot or somethin? I saw it in some preview thing I got at AX '05

-akichan-
09-23-2005, 08:14 PM
No never mentioned that hes a robot, hes a real dude which was from a web site for girls who needs a guy xD but i actually think this girl is truely lucky enough =P

katrina_survivor
09-23-2005, 08:22 PM
He's a robot. He's like, "activated" by the warmth from the girls lips. He can't get girls pregnant, etc.

-akichan-
09-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Thats only wut i read in the summary, just didnt mentioned that hes a robot, if that answers the question.

Secret Asian Man
09-23-2005, 08:36 PM
He's a robot. He's like, "activated" by the warmth from the girls lips. He can't get girls pregnant, etc.
Can't get a girl pregnant, eh? That must be quite convienient ;D

-akichan-
09-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Sounds like KS has read alot already, well i still say it never mentioned about "cant get a girl pregnant" xD but i love his personality, not many hot guys are nice, and hes very sweet...im pretty sure im getting this series^^;

and dun you guys think this series is kinda like Chobits? xD

EDIT--and someone claimed that i dun have Absolute Boyfriend, well as in the first post, i said ive "seen" first chapter so before saying anything, look at the first post.

Secret Asian Man
09-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Sounds like KS has read alot already, well i still say it never mentioned about "cant get a girl pregnant" xD but i love his personality, not many hot guys are nice, and hes very sweet...im pretty sure im getting this series^^;

and dun you guys think this series is kinda like Chobits? xD

That was EXACTLY what I was thinking when I saw it!

-akichan-
09-23-2005, 09:03 PM
Haha yes yes yes, its like...found a wrapped robot and came out naked, im glad Watase has came out with this idea, ^3^ for Watase.

I heard from my frd just now, it might be out in the US in November, first volumn i mean.

kiva_maiden_of_dark
09-23-2005, 09:52 PM
i love absoulte boyfriend i should have gotten my issue today....

Missy
09-24-2005, 08:16 PM
I've only seen pictures ^__^ I wanted to read it so bad as I am a fan of Yuu Watase. I want to finish Imadoki first, if I can... o_o

SilverOcean
09-27-2005, 03:45 PM
I love it. Reading it just makes me want to know how the story well end.

Littlesushi8_22
09-27-2005, 07:51 PM
I like the manga Absolute boyfriend I wish i have a boyfriend like that, but you know is impossible LOL:) ,but i dont want a robot to control I just want a boyfriend who can understand others feeling you know girls?:D Yuu Watase is my favorite manga artist. The manga Yuu draw is something that is really interesting to me and just makes me want to keep on reading whats going to happen next...............I think i'm getting off topic Sorry Am I weird?:laugh:

elite kippyhat
09-27-2005, 07:55 PM
I dont know much about it but I did read its sample in a magazine at school and that issue was pretty good.

[BlackDeath]
09-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Yea I think it's a Chobits immitation, cause i'm the one who mentioned it. But I don't see anything special with this, given it is a reverse Chobits.

As for personality, like Chii from Chobits, you will never find someone as perfect in real life. But I guess this really is one for the Yu Watse fans out there.

Me, I don't plan on watching it, reading it, or remotely taking interest in it. Not my thing.

-akichan-
10-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Kinda like that but there're lots of difference i believe, AB is more like a romance manga but chobits seems more complicated.

KiriKat
10-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Read a perview of it from AX2005. it sounds really good. i subscribed to Shojo Beat and i cant wait til i get it. Yuu Watase's stories are very romantic and she designs her male characters like hotties with great personalities. started reading Ayashi no Ceres vol. 1-12 ever since i can never put any of her books down. you get hooked up you know :)

-akichan-
10-12-2005, 11:14 PM
I agree, she does very great for her stories, and i totally...strongly agree about the males she draws, thats also one of the reasons why im after Watase! lol xD after i saw Touya frm AYC^^;

This is also why im after this manga cos i know its gonna pull me into the love trap xDDDD

LeapOfFaith
11-24-2005, 05:57 PM
ZETTAI KARESHI!!!!!Im still not used to hearing people call it by its English title T_T

ZK is some of Watase's best work (I liked "I Won't Let You Become A Star, FYGK, Appare Jimpangu, etc more)

Fetal Fetish
11-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Ok this place is turning into a chat room...anyway,i have heard of it,but I havent read it!I t sounds really good too!

LeapOfFaith
11-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I have the first four volumes for download on my forum if you are interested

-akichan-
11-24-2005, 06:39 PM
First 4 volumns? so it is out already? im waiting for the American version. I heard it is gonna be out in Jan o_O;

and i dun think AB is available to download yet.

LeapOfFaith
11-24-2005, 06:44 PM
I have the scanlations in English, yes, you can download them

-akichan-
11-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Hehe i rather download them, i heard there are 6 volumns only in Japanese version, might have only 5 for English version.

I also heard that you can buy the artbook already.

LeapOfFaith
11-24-2005, 10:13 PM
I believe the artbook is part of a Yuu Watase artbook..

http://s12.************.com/eternalsnow

Once you get 20 posts,, PM Nana and I can give you the downloads

-akichan-
11-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Well of course, the artbook is already out in Japan cos Watase started working on the artwork since last year, i saw it in Japan its already out^^;

So im sure the English version will be out pretty soon, the problem is that...the bookstore stores the book in alphabet order, i need to know if the book its gonna called "Absolute Boyfriend" or "Zettai Kareshi" so i dun have to stuck at the "A" spot.

LeapOfFaith
11-24-2005, 10:28 PM
I don't think a Zettai Kareshi artbook would come into America so soon. Artbooks don't usually find their way to america..

[BlackDeath]
11-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Turns out they've already aired 26 episodes, first whole Season I think. Which means you can get the first season of it now ^^;

LeapOfFaith
11-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Zettai Karreshi was never made into an anime

-akichan-
11-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Well i did heard that Absolute Boyfriend will be made as an anime in about 2 years, cos AYC took 3 years, but AB is 1/2 shorter than that, it might take about a year or 2.

LeapOfFaith
11-25-2005, 01:37 PM
I haven't heard anything, but it would make a very..erm..interesting anime.I should do some research

*CoughZETTAIKARESHIcough*

water_Demon_girl
11-25-2005, 02:08 PM
I think Absolute Boyfriend is very good. ^_^ I hope the manga will come out.

[BlackDeath]
11-25-2005, 05:57 PM
-LOL- turns out it wasn't 'Kareshi' it was 'Shounen', Zettai Shonen, honest mistake.

dark mousi
12-14-2005, 02:26 PM
YAY!! that is all....

Lady Lyra
01-23-2006, 08:51 PM
I read a manga insert in some advertisement for Shojo Beat... I can't wait till volume one comes out next month!!

softrain
01-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Yes! Only one more month! Hey has anyone seen the cover for the first one?????

-akichan-
01-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Yeah i assume the first book is coming up in Feb and you can tell that im dying to save money for that. Ive seen the cover before, its Night unwrapped. -drools-.

mimichan1000
02-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Watase-sama has done it again: hot guys and good story-telling!!:laugh: :happy:

-akichan-
02-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Lol good taste. Btw the first volume is out and i heard there are over 1000 books sold in Seattle on the first day of Febuaray. =P

softrain
02-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Well I'm not too suprised. People probably read Watase's other series and like them a lot, become a fan, and buy all the other series..........that's what I did. <3

Ωmega
02-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Ive read (if I remember correclty) 14 chapters of it, and its great! I always loved how Yuu watase added comedy, suspense, and love triangles into her work. Im not gonna spoil *much* but someone else is in love with Rikko!
I was like 'whoa!' Then theres Knight...whos constantly trying to have sex with her! XD! its great...I cant wait for the other chapter to be translated!

-akichan-
02-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah i saw the part when Riiko was threatened and "another guy" actually confessed to her at the same time as Night was there T.T;

I love this work of Watase's too cos she knows how to put comedy into a dramatic situation.

KiriKat
02-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Lately i've been just reading AB from shoujobeat but then finally...
I just got the first volume!!^_^
i luv it!! Night is soo cute!!
i luv the story =3

Srien
02-08-2006, 08:36 PM
By Yuu Watase. Its pretty good. My friend to me about it. It seems like a male Chobits

Crystal_Gardevoir
02-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Oh thank goodness, I am getting the Manga A.S.A.P. ^_^' sorry but when i first the Absolute boyfriend manga in Shoujo Beat (Had some spare time before my Paycheck pickup) Oh it was beautiful, it kept me emotional... well even a guy gets emotional. I thought they made a cute couple. but I need to get the Manga first in order to find out everything. don't spoil for me ^_^

Naokomi ShYana
02-17-2006, 04:58 AM
Ahhh this one sounds absolutely adorable. I love romance. ^_^
I'll have to look into downloading a couple episodes and giving feedback. <3

-akichan-
02-17-2006, 08:52 AM
I'd doubt that hunny, i dun think they have the episodes yet cos its still too new.

I read the first book, while i was reading, my mom came into my room and ask "are you ok? you got a fever?" i was like NO!! because the book made me laugh hella!

KiriKat
02-18-2006, 01:39 AM
I can't wait for the second volume!!romantic mangas like this can be addicting>_<

satsuki_chan
02-19-2006, 01:52 PM
I've read it!! ^___^ I cant wait until the manga comes out!!!! =D

-akichan-
02-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Hunny, the manga is already out, the first book is already out this month^^;

yami hatake
02-19-2006, 08:34 PM
yeah...it is pretty addictive..I'm gonna buy the graphic novel soon..probably this next friday..I really liked it..-yami

Oujo Aasu
02-23-2006, 05:21 PM
never heard of it where can u get it or the prequel or watever (newbie forgive me)

blackcat-meow
02-23-2006, 06:12 PM
yeah i have i love it !!! i collect the shojo beat! i think night is so cute!!

-akichan-
02-23-2006, 06:17 PM
Cute is Soshi, Night is HAWT!!!

Well the story is getting complicated cos Soshi is getting in now ><;

yami hatake
02-23-2006, 06:27 PM
I's like to know more about that cute salesman..like..hat does he do..how old..anybody know?..-yami

KiriKat
03-04-2006, 01:44 AM
that salesman is pretty mysterious just like the company he works for. (aside to self) i dunno why but i just feel Soshi is more attractive-maybe it's the glasses >_< hmmm...

-akichan-
03-04-2006, 02:44 AM
The salesman is annoying in a laughable way <33 hes a hawt one too!

Lol Watase is so good to make me laugh!!!

Aeramis&Helenus4EVER!!!
03-04-2006, 11:37 AM
hmmm...i've never heard of that series ^^ but i really love yuu watase's work and i've seriesly fallen in love with some of her series, so i'll check this onme out too!! ^^

Ansatsusha_18
03-04-2006, 01:35 PM
OMG! YES I'VE HEARD OF THIS!!!!!! I need to know if it's out yet...cause I've sorta looked everywhere and Yuu Watase is my fav...uh...manga...person lol I'm at loss of words at the moment. But yeah! I need to get this

-akichan-
03-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Oh if you read the posts a page behind, you'll see that some of us had mentioned that the book 1 is out^^; it was out in Feb. However, i still cant wait for the 2nd!!!! -runs back and forth-

yami hatake
03-04-2006, 05:27 PM
when does the 2nd one come out?...would you happen to know?..-yami

shinju hoshi
03-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Absolute Boyfriend is also an anime not just a manga but its kinda underground... and not gona be here for a long time. even when it comes it will still be underground

Lady Lyra
03-04-2006, 09:47 PM
I came across an AB site that was in another language... not sure what one XD but I was able to find the image gallery and they had some nice pics from the manga. There was some scans from the manga, all the way to the last volume. O_o

Ansatsusha_18
03-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Oh haha, I'm a lazy person...there were 3 pages to look back on!!! but besides that, i bought the first volume today ^_^ it was the last one on the rack. Go me :D

bloo cheaz
03-10-2006, 06:25 PM
sounds pritty sweet, pritty sweet. i want that now.......it sounds cool.....lol:D

Shia-san
03-10-2006, 06:44 PM
hmmm...sounds good

XxKissxX
03-22-2006, 12:14 AM
well i read the book that was out n it was pretty good n im waiting for the next volume 2 come out =)

-akichan-
03-22-2006, 08:51 AM
when does the 2nd one come out?...would you happen to know?..-yami
New mangas comes out approximately about 3-4 months after the previous one came out. The 1st one came out in Feb, so im guessing in around May T.T;

Anime^fangirl^Shenlu
03-22-2006, 09:04 AM
I adore this Manga ^_^ It's so cute! ^_^ Night, the er 'male chobit' I think he's been referred to as here lol... is so cute! It's hilarious to see how all of the characters interact... and how Night is basically the perfect boyfriend... even though he's not human! lol. I recommend it to any Yuu Watase fan ^_^ or anyone looking for a story that is funny and makes you say 'aw' about 20 times...

Ansatsusha_18
03-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Oh it's so hard now, i read ahead in the Shojo Beat magazine (they have chapters of the absolute boyfriend, volume 2):<_<: and now...who do you think Riiko should choose?

Soshi or Night? :elephant:

~=Lord Canti=~
03-22-2006, 05:43 PM
.. soooounds interestiing :D wonder if i have the money to buy one..and underground sounds a little challenging and.. scary..>.> but! i wunta read it too ^^

-akichan-
03-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Hmm im thinking...Soshi could be a better boyfriend cos hes a human, unless Night can turn to a human in the end xD

Ansatsusha_18
03-22-2006, 10:47 PM
that one is tricky...oh well twisted plot maybe. I like soshi tooo, but Night is trying hard...so i are confused

-akichan-
03-23-2006, 08:45 AM
The story isnt too confusing so far cos it is only depending on Riiko's decision. Seems like she noticed Soshi now that he cares about her and always been watching over her. Night might be feeling very bad cos he couldnt save Riiko in the forest. I wouldne be sad if Riiko picks Night cos they all should know that Riiko chose him at the first place. However, if Riiko picks Soshi, i'd feel realli bad for Night lol^^;

Eclipse_Maiden
03-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Here, here! It's kind of a tough decision with Soshi and Night. I have the first book of Absolute Boyfriend, but I read ahead in the Shoujo Beat mag. Sometimes I think my friends don't want me reading anything that concerns naked men. I get this really perverted grin on my face. It scares them. Heheh...

I've been told that Miroku looks like a saint in comparison.

BTW, you notice how in every Yuu Watase book, there's always that extremely evil chick-of-a-friend there? <--[I know, stating the obvious.]

I was actually quite pleased when Mika (is that her name?) got her just desserts.

Ansatsusha_18
03-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah! i don't like here lol, but besides that, I'd....I'd most likely curl up and die if i had to choose between two guys.

mizuki_kawaii12889
03-27-2006, 05:59 AM
i wish something like that would happen in real life..... i mean ordering a boyfriend on the internet, well that's pretty cool to me... Night is so hot! and also soushi! it's only a shame that Night is only a figure....:<_<:

-akichan-
03-27-2006, 07:37 AM
The question is that wut if Night isnt a figure, cos someday he'll become a human. Then would Soshi be in worst life. xD

Ansatsusha_18
03-27-2006, 07:13 PM
ah-HA! good point. Maybe Night will do everything to be with Riiko...Oh the heartbreak....2 bucks says, Night will tell Riiko to be with Soshi cause he's more real and that she loves him and all that jibber-jabber and I'll get mad and things shouldn't work like that and it's all just so CONFUSING!!!

Die Tod von Euch
03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
ah-HA! good point. Maybe Night will do everything to be with Riiko...Oh the heartbreak....2 bucks says, Night will tell Riiko to be with Soshi cause he's more real and that she loves him and all that jibber-jabber and I'll get mad and things shouldn't work like that and it's all just so CONFUSING!!! I'm a bad little girl and read the entire series via scanlations. And... Well, I'd say you lose the bet, but... It's...actually...not too far off...but it is, at the same time. I don't really think you guys would appreciate me ruining it for you, though.

Personally, I was rooting for Soushi the entire time. Because he's loved her since they were children, he's always there for her now, and most importantly...he's real. I mean, just put yourself in his position, yeah? Imagine you've loved some guy since you were really little, and then one day you find out that he would rather be with some love doll than be with you. Would that not hurt, knowing that the one you love was stolen from you by something that's not even alive?

And god... Just imagine how painful it must be for Soushi, to constantly see them together. If you've ever had feelings for someone who's very happily taken, then you'd understand and sympathize, I think.

Ansatsusha_18
03-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Yeah, that's a good point. So no worries in ruining things for me, I read ahead all the time and try to find out the ending before the series is done haha. So I lost 2 bucks, so I'll go cry now *boohoo* lol BUT it's a happy ending...

-akichan-
03-28-2006, 08:12 PM
yeah i agree, when i saw the part of Soshi holding Riiko in the forest, it looked like he had cherished the relationship he had built with her and did not wanna lose her at all. He was actually extremely curious about Night, Soshi cared about Riiko so much. Arghhhhhh Ishizeki should die!!! LOL.

frankieanime
03-28-2006, 08:23 PM
what is this thread about

Ansatsusha_18
03-29-2006, 12:43 AM
Lol it's about absolute boyfriend...the manga series...