PDA

View Full Version : Romance: Anime or Manga?

mokulen22
09-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Does anyone prefer Romance in one form over then other. Like Manga Romance titles over Anime Romance series. I'll try to be more clear (I'm confusing myself here..teehee) I really enjoy reading romance manga (such as Peach Girl, Mars, Doubt etc...) but the love-dovey animes don't appeal to me.

Any thoughts on the topic?

Secret Asian Man
09-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Interesting topic. I too enjoy reading some romance manga, but I just can't stand seeing them in anime form. It's a rather funny phenomenon. For me, I suppose it's just hearing all those mushy professions of love and whatnot. That kinda stuff doesn't bug me when I read it.

mokulen22
09-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Interesting topic. I too enjoy reading some romance manga, but I just can't stand seeing them in anime form. It's a rather funny phenomenon. For me, I suppose it's just hearing all those mushy professions of love and whatnot. That kinda stuff doesn't bug me when I read it.
I know! it's just plain odd..but it's true. I think you're on the moeny with professions of love are sappy when actually spoke but read it's not so lame. Even in non-anime media I'm the same way: I hate romantic movies but I love reading romance novels.

teed
09-20-2005, 12:50 AM
i like to see romance as anime! it's better 4 me:)

stigmatize
09-20-2005, 02:54 AM
I prefer manga. It depends on the art of the manga though... However I seem more emotionally connected to the story and characters if i read a manga than watch the anime. Not all romance anime is untolerable though. There's still certain good ones.

Agreed. Sometimes romance anime/movie makes me feel way too fuzzy that it turns a distasteful. I'd rather read 'em. ^_^

princess kakurine
09-20-2005, 05:13 AM
romance in anime...

actually i prefer them both, but mostly i like anime romance...
but these anime comes up first in manga type ne?

lovelykagome
09-21-2005, 05:32 PM
i prefer romance in animehttp://www.animeforum.com/uploads/1009988433566.gif

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu
09-21-2005, 07:35 PM
In fact I go them both...
But from what I hear everywhere, manga is generally better than the anime...
but I don't understand... manga usually come out first and so they can make adjustments before making the anime but the anime are not better!

If someone has both the anime and manga for Love Hina, then that someone will understand what I'm taklking about..

animefreak_idiot
09-21-2005, 07:55 PM
i prefer anime better. i get into it better than the manga.

Inuyasha'slovergirl1
09-24-2005, 01:03 AM
I love anime t.v. better I understand better but I like manga to.

hao~asakura
09-25-2005, 11:58 AM
i prefer the romance in the manga's. in the animes, they move way to fast usually. Plus, i'm not too keen on the whole romance thing in the first place (i only bought Chobits after my mate begged me to, i wanted trigun), so i dont go for the anime, but i like to read a nice romance manga. Its funnier in the manga's as they have more time to write it in, where as in anime, they have to shove alot into a certain time slot. Plus, i just prefer reading ^_^

Skeith/Haseo Wave
09-30-2005, 10:20 PM
I perfer anime

Reason: Some Romace has alot of "action scenes"(if you know what I mean) It's kinda hard to get the feel of it in manga....... if you know what I mean.........

Die Tod von Euch
09-30-2005, 10:35 PM
There are far more shoujo/romance manga than there are anime. And far more interesting stories. So, I go more for the manga.

For instance, I was addicted to Peach Girl, Mars, and Paradise Kiss, just to name a few... And none of those have anime (although Peach Girl now has an anime... o_o). Eventually, some manga may get a series. But there are hundreds of titles that probably never will, but are still great to read. Anime also tends to be loaded with filler episodes, while manga tends to get more indepth with plots.

Lucidian Dyne
09-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Manga is the way to go. Most love stories in anime form are either comedic or just horribly tragic. :\

prettyketty
10-02-2005, 05:50 PM
i like romance anime better

kaugra
10-02-2005, 10:33 PM
I prefer manga anime. I don't know why.

mimichan1000
10-03-2005, 12:30 PM
i like reading and watching them but some times i hate when they make the characters look too different from the manga...

MistaCloudStrife
10-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Manga... Love Hina and Furuba manga PWNs on the anime version.... IMO of course... =P

SamuraiGirl13
10-03-2005, 02:37 PM
I LOVE manga romance. Anime is often a lot diffenrent then manga, and I prefer the original.

.Lovebeat
10-03-2005, 02:44 PM
I like...both!! XD
But I think it's more romantic in anime (cuz there is background music!!) and that makes me more emotional ;_;

azndgn26
10-04-2005, 08:27 PM
I would say anime bcuz dat's wat I watch...lol. Although manga would be a lil different n more interestin but I've never tried it. Manga gives da full story whereas anime summarizes it. Anime brings it to life n manga tells da story in full detail but in a really long way.

nayuka
10-21-2005, 10:45 AM
manga is better

sosoChan
10-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Does anyone prefer Romance in one form over then other. Like Manga Romance titles over Anime Romance series. I'll try to be more clear (I'm confusing myself here..teehee) I really enjoy reading romance manga (such as Peach Girl, Mars, Doubt etc...) but the love-dovey animes don't appeal to me.

Any thoughts on the topic?
Same Here, I like to read Romantic Mangas more than watching Romantic Animes, For Example, I have watched Fruits basket, and I think the manga is much much better.

NVLM_ZK
10-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Moreover, a difficult question was done.

Certainly, I feel the thing of gap very much in Anime and Manga.
You'll be understood.

However, there are a lot of things being lost for the romance that is originally from Manga when it is a case named Anime.

I think is better so, "Manga"

D_Street
12-19-2005, 12:56 AM
Well i prefer anime for the fact it appeals to me, but I guess it is cool to read it to, but i think it is to short when reading it. Also I this is a request for those people that are big romance fans or are just watching a good romance anime to give me the name of there anime. For example I really like Suzuka, but it only has 3 more ep. left i just need to know if there something as good as it.

shoujo_love
12-19-2005, 08:48 AM
lol. manga yay!

White Winter Wolf
12-19-2005, 11:01 AM
I think manga is better because well in anime the pictures aren't better then in the manga and it goes by too fast,manga u can just read over and over.^^

kiskil
12-20-2005, 08:31 PM
manga by far

shadow_stalker
12-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Anime

buhbibutterfly
12-31-2005, 04:25 PM
for me i think more manga...i think there are alot more in manga too...and they go into the relationships more in depth ^^

abercobie
12-31-2005, 06:10 PM
very interesting topic

abercobie
12-31-2005, 06:11 PM
i aalso have to agree with buhbibutterfly

Romelica
01-02-2006, 05:10 AM
Anime i guess... cause it has color some manga don't have colored pictures :p