PDA

View Full Version : Band Lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Streetlight Manifest
09-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Yeah.....all you folks out there who say you LOVE a band....Well.....YOU CAN'T LOVE A BAND BECAUSE YOU LIKE ONE OR TWO OF THEIR SONGS!
Don't you hate that? When people say they love a band because they like one song that they heard on the radio? Like....hmmm....My Chemical Romance....People hear Helena and say, Oh my God, that's my favourite band! Pfft....they have been out almost four years now. Get their first CD. Learn their names, and then say you LOVE them.

Another....Green Day, and Fall Out Boy.... I hate fall out boy, I do. But the only reason half this world likes them, is because of 'Sugar we're going down'.

Green day.....No one really like them until 'American Idiot'. Now everyone has to get the CD.
They have been around for 16 years, and no many people like them. They only seem to like the songs heard over the radio. You don't love the band, you love the SONG!!!

Flame away! But I'll flame you back. Go ahead. Unless you agree. :)

Marie2007
09-15-2005, 03:56 PM
so true

bms
09-15-2005, 04:00 PM
My cousin thinks like those people. I can't stand her.

AnimeLegend!713
09-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I hate those types of people.That's like my bratty friend Serena.I let her listen to one song from my Gorillaz cd.Automatically she says she loves Gorillaz.

Annie Hall
09-15-2005, 04:05 PM
XD ROCK ON!!! I also hate how they go an say the band is awesome, simply because the video was cool. And my god the video was usually put together by some dude, while the band takes credit =/.

I like the bands I like because they rock, If I hear a song I really like, I find out the band and then listen to more of their music, then based on that I decide if it was one song or if the bands really good, and if their really good, I go obsessive and find out the members names and all I can about them..>.>; rocker dudes are just so sexy I can't help it!!!

paranoid android
09-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Exactly. Just because MTV picked them up, doesn't mean they're new. And Green Day sold out big time. And singles are often alot more "friendly" than the rest of the music.

Streetlight Manifest
09-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah, the Green Day Concert was awesome. Most fun I have had in my life.

Annie Hall
09-15-2005, 04:13 PM
I like some of Green days songs like Basket case and Minority, but their far from my favorite and they aren't really that good =/. I like hard rock, alt, emo, indies, just about anything that can be called rock! XD But yea..somethings just shouldn't be called rock,..

Btw MTV, ruins everything!!!!!!!!! They are such friggin idiots they just ruin good bands! and leave amazing bands in the background, still undiscovered!

Streetlight Manifest
09-15-2005, 04:18 PM
I LOVE Green Day. I love to ask Green Day fans.....
"Do you even Know that Green Day isn't their first name?"
"And bet you don't even know what a Green Day is?"

I love Emo Bands, ATFEH, Matchbook Romance, The Matches.
I love Ska too., Streetlight Manifest is my favourite. They rock!

Annie Hall
09-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Streetlight, have you listened to The Spill Canvas? ...

If not, listen..NOW!! >.> I have a feeling you'd love them.

Streetlight Manifest
09-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Nope, haven't yet. But I will check them out if you say so.

Annie Hall
09-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Yay! Now then..c.c; ...Why is it that the world seems to want rock dead?! ;-; My town has like 20 people tops who likes rock -.-; and 15 of those 20 are uneducated in rock so it wouldn't count (their the types to like a band for videos or one song =/)

kyogirl15
09-15-2005, 04:31 PM
hmmm...i know alot of people like that.i like all kinds of bands,but i really love the drum parts in most of the songs.my bf plays the drums in our marching band.(and i the flute)i've fallen in love with the drums.....

I'm Ol' Gregg
09-17-2005, 08:17 AM
I think I know what you're getting at.. and yea, I dislike people who only say they like bands when they hear ONE of their songs.. or say they like certain bands because everyone else does and it seems cool.. actually I have a huge thing about not liking popular bands that's why I dislike The Killers and McFly.. and they used to be some of my favourite bands!

And, yes everyone likes Green Day now, but I personally think their older stuff is much better..

And yessie.. the Spill Canvas are pretty good <3 but have you listened to HelloGoodBye? They're jivelicious.. roffle..^^..

Tsuna Kadiri
09-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Btw MTV, ruins everything!!!!!!!!! They are such friggin idiots they just ruin good bands! and leave amazing bands in the background, still undiscovered!Amen to that! Finally, others have seen the light!

I completely agree. I cannot stand these people that change their favorite bands according to what is 'cool' or 'popular' at the time. One minute they'll preach about "OMG!! I <3 Good Charlotte!! Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous is my fav song!!" .. and then about a day later, "OMG, I love 50 Cent! In Da Club is my fav song EVER!!1!"

... <_<. Haha, I hate people like that. How about listen to a few more of their songs before saying they're your favorite band? Who knows, you might not like them as much as you thought you did.

DarkPrinceBman
09-17-2005, 09:30 AM
well this is a thread that brings out the worst in people sometimes....normaly flamming and such happends good thing you have had alot of people agree with you....
Glad to see someone like A Thorn For Every Heart.

I guess since people are closed minded and only go with the trend naturaly bands with the most publicty will be more recongnized and "loved" they may not even care to hear more of a particular band but for exceptance they will say they do...

well some recomendations for the emo lovers like me
The Spill Canvas
From First To Last
Circa Survive
Emery
Thrice
Death Cab For Cutie

Tsuna Kadiri
09-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Oh, and I remember when I used to say I loved the band "Filter", When I had only heard one of their songs. But after I looked and listened to some of their other stuff, I realized I didn't like them as much as I did. They're a good band, but not as good as I thought they were. ~.~

BTW, I didn't think Death Cab For Cutie was an emo band. =\

Ami~chan
09-17-2005, 09:53 AM
I've loved Greenday since the moment I picked up Dookie. I lost that CD, but I now have Nimrod and I've probably memorized everything else they've done.

I hate it when people do that too, although, I myself am rather guilty of it at times. I heard one Yoko Ishida song, and I automatically thought I absolutely loved her. Now that I have listened to her other songs, I realized that I really do love her. I'm glad I was right ^^

Annie Hall
09-17-2005, 04:57 PM
For band lovers I would recommend The cruxshadows, their kinda underground industrial goth or whatever you'd call it, but I love 'em none the less. So Listen if you can. *peace sign*