PDA

View Full Version : None Shall Pass

Xian Pu
09-15-2005, 03:45 AM
I debated even uploading this here cause I'm not sure I want to change anything on it, buuut a wise man knows that any type of work is never truly done. Well? what do I need to do?
Oh right, before anyone says anything. The font is an Old English type on purpose. If anyone has a better font feel free to upload it. The reason for the font? Monty Python. For those that have seen the Holy Grail, you'll get the Black Knight reference (I hope).

akachan
09-15-2005, 05:04 AM
The font it's ok Xian ^^, I would only change the brightness and the position..
about the bg:
try to make a watercolor effect, adding a glow and a gradient level with purple, so the chara blends better.
Very good ^^

Essex
09-15-2005, 07:32 AM
I don't really like the bg's you used on your walls latly :(
Just a cutout makes a bad effect, IMO. Do something else, cause the pics you use are always great

Cantelope
09-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Errr, yeah, I add my agreement with what Doi said.

First, off, I like the stock, yes, very good, and I like what you did with the background to make it blend in more. I'm not sure how you did it, but the colors somehow blend...even though the stock has shades of blues and violets, while the background is mostly greens and yellows. But it might look better with a different color scheme?

Secondly, I don't find the stock to match with the "mood". This is more of a personal thing, but the title is "None Shall Pass". When I read the topic title, I was thinking like, Gandalf with a fierce look of defiance on his face. So, I was expecting a serious scene here, yet the girl doesn't look very serious about what she's doing at all. I'm not feeling the "mood", if you get my drift.

Great stock, and peculiar colors =X

So thus, on a scale from 1 to 10 for the sake of summarizing, I give you an 8/10.

Xian Pu
09-17-2005, 01:42 AM
Thank you for your great review of my wall, I appreciate it, but please refrain from giving me a rating scale. I do not like it at all. The color scheme is a gradient I used. And the mood isn't supposed to be serious. If you've ever seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail, you'd know exactly where I get the title from, and how it fits. Meh, to each his own though.

Animousflavista
09-19-2005, 09:14 AM
eeerr... have you finished it? I think the color match, but, if the color is darker, I think it would be nice. (only my opinion)

shi_amai
09-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Oh, awesome wallpaper. The girl looks cool, what's she from? Also, I really like what you did to create the background. I'm seeing people using real life backgrounds and messing with them a lot these days, and it looks really good. The think the text looks good, but it looks kind of clustered on that side of her, or maybe that's just me and my Claustrophobia.

Darrmyth
09-22-2005, 09:50 PM
what a cool picture i love it what do you think off mine

The Rebel
09-24-2005, 07:26 PM
I debated even uploading this here cause I'm not sure I want to change anything on it, buuut a wise man knows that any type of work is never truly done. Well? what do I need to do?
Oh right, before anyone says anything. The font is an Old English type on purpose. If anyone has a better font feel free to upload it. The reason for the font? Monty Python. For those that have seen the Holy Grail, you'll get the Black Knight reference (I hope).What's there to change? It looks great to me. Well, maybe darken up the text alittle, but that's it. And that's only my opinion, you're the artist. I just like art, out of practice myself.

yotsuba-chan
09-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Wow. Wow.
That is really good, though I fail to get the Monty Python reference, and I've seen the movie 5 times. She just doesn't have the aire.
NEE!