PDA

View Full Version : What would be the coolest song to play on the guitar?

enigma unit 01
09-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Could someone help me here... I want a good song to learn on the guitar

Charliee
09-08-2005, 03:08 PM
I can play alot of songs. Holiday is my favourite though. I just like the lyrics and it's just awesome

Saiyanbabe1818
09-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Any song from Dream Theater would be cool but one of the best songs is "Beyond this life" its a really cool song

Marie2007
09-08-2005, 03:51 PM
in my opinion any song is good to play on the guitar

Nineteenth
09-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Electric Guitars
Basic Blues and Jazz, you can't go wrong with it.
Blues, I would say Cross Road Blues.
Or if you want to impress someone, just do the basic , You Really Got Me.
Then , there's Meet James Ensor by They Might Be Giants. = )

Wooden Guitars
Iris by the Google Dolls. It's pretty smooth sounding with pratice and American Pie.

Personalllllllyyyyyy... > _ >
The Super Mario Bros. Stage Theme , there are numerous ways to play it. As long as it sounds good and like the song.

Myrcice Maeghym
09-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Well I'm a HUGE Slipknot fan...so naturally they're my answer. I want to play Vermillion on the guitar...it'd be fun.

enigma unit 01
09-09-2005, 10:12 AM
But does anyone remember any legendary riffs?

.Kuro
09-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Electrical storm from U2...Or Green day´s "Wake me up when september ends".

Masali
09-09-2005, 02:28 PM
But does anyone remember any legendary riffs? yep, "Bring it on home" by led zeppelin.
"Layla" by Derek and the Dominoes
"the Extremist" By Joe Satriani.
all those songs are great fun

Luna13
09-10-2005, 04:04 PM
in my opinion any song is good to play on the guitar

I totally agree

[Deathscythe]
09-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Well pretty much anything by Led Zeppelin maybe Sweet Child of Mine - Guns N' Roses... er well depends on what you actually like I mean yeah.. I could name quite a bit Children of Bodom have some pretty wicked guitaring its what made me love them especially 'Everytime I Die' I loved the guitaring in this, Lynard Skynard has some wicked guitaring especially the solo in 'Freebird' or well through the whole song but mainly the solo.

You might like the song 'Eruption' by Van Halen the would be wicked to learn.. hard though >.> lol.

Metallica have some great guitaring there stuff would always be great to learn ^^;

I'll stop here, if you tell me what sorta stuff your most into I could probably help more.

Later ~ DS

Dark-Sasuke
09-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Hoobastank crawling in the dark, that'd be awesome to learn, or Inme faster the chase, there both awesome songs

BrittyBott
09-11-2005, 05:51 PM
I like 'Time Of Your Life' by Green Day. Fun fun.

Charliee
09-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Helena, by MCR. I'd like to play that.

Sinnaku
09-13-2005, 03:27 PM
A good song to play? All the good songs are things you could never learn.

I can play a couple of Lamb Of God songs on my elc. Headbanging and playing Hourglass is so frickin fun!!

Kirara the cute fox
09-13-2005, 06:10 PM
the 3 best songs for the guitar, in my opinion, would be BYOB from system of a down, wake me up when september comes by Green Day, and you dont know what they do to guys like us in prison, by My Chemical Romance. those songs rule!!!

AnimeLegend!713
09-13-2005, 06:13 PM
If you are a really good guitarist,a good song to me is Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. I love that song.

S_C_L-1
10-20-2005, 04:40 AM
well... IMO... Perpetual Burn... but it takes at least 10 years experience to b able to play that... unless ofc you are a virtuoso or play 12 hours a day...

japonice_aeris
10-20-2005, 07:09 AM
If you are a really good guitarist,a good song to me is Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. I love that song.

yupyup!!~ Stairway To Heaven does it!!~ hmm... have you heard of Beethoven's 5th syphony??the rock version niweiz..it's cool :cool: its mainly the guitar...kinda slow but cool :p

] Well pretty much anything by Led Zeppelin maybe Sweet Child of Mine - Guns N' Roses...

yup!~ sweet child of mine!!~ great song to play too :D

enigma unit 01 Could someone help me here... I want a good song to learn on the guitar

well goodluck on chooosing and studying your choice..i know a REAL great guitar solo but its an OPM...too bad you guys dont know it :(

KillerDragonX
10-20-2005, 09:26 AM
how about the theme song from super mario bros.

japonice_aeris
11-02-2005, 02:47 AM
how about the theme song from super mario bros.

heheh nice pick :happy: how bout She Will Be Loved??is it plucking???but niweiz its a great song try it :happy: :D

S_C_L-1
11-02-2005, 07:02 AM
well... are you looking for a song that ppl will b like "omg its X song!" or do you want a song like "OMG! i could never play like that!"?

Darrmyth
11-02-2005, 07:10 AM
AFT ~ Days Of The Pheonix would be great to play

Master Of Shred
11-02-2005, 05:48 PM
One of my fave songs to play currently is the full version of "Unchained" by Van Halen, took a bit to get some of the change ups down but other than that fairly easy to play.
Ummmmm Stairway to Heaven is the first song many ppl learn to play at the beginning when they just start playing,as well as Enter sandman by Metallica.

As for a song i'd like to learn...would most likely be perhaps Angel of Death by Slayer.

Larry David
11-03-2005, 12:40 AM
Well, I can tell a few of you actually play guitar. =D Which is way cool. But I'm guna have to dissagree with alot of the suggestions that're being thrown out. =/ Virtuoso guitar is crap. It's all showy offy and flashy. Just my opinion.

Anyways, to those looking for something new, or a little obscure(And a little advanced), learn some Tool or Rush. =D Enjoy. <3

S_C_L-1
11-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Well, I can tell a few of you actually play guitar. =D Which is way cool. But I'm guna have to dissagree with alot of the suggestions that're being thrown out. =/ Virtuoso guitar is crap. It's all showy offy and flashy. Just my opinion.

Anyways, to those looking for something new, or a little obscure(And a little advanced), learn some Tool or Rush. =D Enjoy. <3

just cuz neo-classical is hard doesnt mean its "showy offy"...

not all of the virtuosos out there have egos like yngwies...

virtuosos are just looking for ways of making different music.... be it in complexity or by doing something incredibly bizzare... (Michael Angelo's Quad comes to mind...)

Larry David
11-03-2005, 11:42 AM
"virtuosos are just looking for ways of making different music...."

If by that, you mean they all sound exactly the same. Then sure.

Thurr ain't no soul to neo classical, yo.

S_C_L-1
11-05-2005, 09:52 AM
"virtuosos are just looking for ways of making different music...."

If by that, you mean they all sound exactly the same. Then sure.

Thurr ain't no soul to neo classical, yo.

to the untrained ear maybe! (no seriously... you really gotta train your ear to play that kind of music...)

the day that you pick up guitar, learn how to read a tab and check out a Jason Becker tab or something... compare that to green day or w\e u listen to... to you it may all sound the same, but its the nuances that make the beauty of it! every single bend has to be in perfect pitch. OK, they strum very very fast... but its not always the same speed! i dont know what the theory is in english... but the way the music is arranged is amazing.

and for us guitarists, virtuosos are ppl we can look up to in the dieing art of lead guitar... how far do you think id go if my idol was the guitarist of blink 182... "OMG! did u c that!? he used more powerchords!"

you say it doesnt have soul? check out the song altitudes by Jason Becker! you say it doesnt have soul... thats probly because they dont sustain every other note... if they did, a song that is normally 3 minutes long would last easily 15... you only truly appreciate an art when you partake in it...

and no, virtuosos arent show-offs... well... every 1 other than Yngwie isnt...
if you CAN play faster, if you CAN make more complicated music... then playing powerchords gets kinda boring... unless your playing something like JB's "burn the ground"...

3BladeDemoness
11-05-2005, 10:01 AM
I would love to see some one play an anime song on a guitar lika an inuyasha or onepiece, lol that would be good..

FierceFeli.
11-05-2005, 10:04 AM
smoke on the water xD But i am so jealous on this guy in my class, he plays "Thunedrstruck" and "Stairway to heaven" without any problems xD ( You rock brother ^__^ )

S_C_L-1
11-05-2005, 10:09 AM
smoke on the water xD But i am so jealous on this guy in my class, he plays "Thunedrstruck" and "Stairway to heaven" without any problems xD ( You rock brother ^__^ )

those are actually alot easier than they look... especially thunderstruck... your just doing 3 very basic riffs over and over for most of the song...

Raimego
11-05-2005, 12:27 PM
If I had the music gift like jimi hendrix, I would try to play voodoo child,which is probably one of the most toughest guitar riffs in music history.
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:_glO-NoitkEJ:homepages.wmich.edu/~m2valeen/jimi%2520hendrix%2520(1).JPG (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://homepages.wmich.edu/~m2valeen/jimi%2520hendrix%2520(1).JPG&imgrefurl=http://homepages.wmich.edu/~m2valeen/&h=641&w=501&sz=39&tbnid=_glO-NoitkEJ:&tbnh=135&tbnw=105&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djimi%2Bhendrix%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den %26lr%3D)

Masali
11-05-2005, 12:45 PM
If I had the music gift like jimi hendrix, I would try to play voodoo child,which is probably one of the most toughest guitar riffs in music history.
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:_glO-NoitkEJ:homepages.wmich.edu/~m2valeen/jimi%2520hendrix%2520(1).JPG (http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:_glO-NoitkEJ:homepages.wmich.edu/%7Em2valeen/jimi%2520hendrix%2520%281%29.JPG)
dude, no it's not. it's one of the easiest. to me at least. the most fun song I know is hot for teacher. (the intro it a pain in the butt tho, it's a fairly big stretch and tap).

TodayIsMine
11-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Counterparts and Number Them by Alexisonfire....it's so hard...and it requires 2 guitars

giantevilbunnie
11-05-2005, 02:32 PM
the nameless by slipknot would be cool on electric and some nightwish songs too Vermilloin prt2 would be good on acoustic that would rule!

S_C_L-1
11-05-2005, 03:57 PM
dude, no it's not. it's one of the easiest. to me at least. the most fun song I know is hot for teacher. (the intro it a pain in the butt tho, it's a fairly big stretch and tap).

i hear ya! seriously... voodoo child? a song that sounds cool isnt necessairely hard...

and i know what ya mean bout hot for teacher... a 3 to 7 stretch for tapping is a pain... ive been frantically looking for an alternate way of playing it... maybe eddy just has huge hands? (the video for that song is awesome btw)

maybe gary hoey's version of hocus pocus? the main riff is alot easier... considering how much he slowed it down, but since the yodeling is done on the guitar... well... you got your work cut out for ya...

or if ya want a real crowd pleaser, you could just go with some pantera or metallica... but metallica's songs are beeing played to death... and you gotta be pretty good with them pinch harmonics to do like dime...