PDA

View Full Version : Blue Sunshine *WIP?*

Cantelope
09-01-2005, 07:03 PM
*Work in Progress?*

Hmmm, I'm a bit iffy on this one. I mean, I spent a long time just doing an extraction, and I FEEL as though I'm done, but I need some outside input. Some suggestions would be nice, because I'm fresh out. Anyways...

Hey!! What's that in the bg?! OMG!!!! IT'S THE DEFAULT XP WALLPAPER!! O_O Oh god, it's so stinky. Not anymroe. I spiced it up with several effects and some anime girl =X. Pardon the horrible title, as I can't come up with anything better. ;)

Comments are appreciated, as usual.

Digital : Deffect
09-01-2005, 09:04 PM
well its a bit plain but its nice being plain. in other words i like it a lot. you don't always need to be fancey because sometimes the simple things are the most pretty.

yotsuba-chan
09-01-2005, 09:07 PM
is quite nice, even if it is the default XP wally. shinnnnyyy.

The Rebel
09-01-2005, 09:18 PM
*Work in Progress?*

Hmmm, I'm a bit iffy on this one. I mean, I spent a long time just doing an extraction, and I FEEL as though I'm done, but I need some outside input. Some suggestions would be nice, because I'm fresh out. Anyways...

Hey!! What's that in the bg?! OMG!!!! IT'S THE DEFAULT XP WALLPAPER!! O_O Oh god, it's so stinky. Not anymroe. I spiced it up with several effects and some anime girl =X. Pardon the horrible title, as I can't come up with anything better. ;)

Comments are appreciated, as usual.Now, just so you know,,,, I'M NO wallpaper artist. But I have studied art, drawing, scretching, and some other stuff. And you only get my OPINION. In the end it is your choice, I just point out what I see. Now here it is, It looks good. But the wording seems alittle high to me, wouldn't it look better if it was centered more, drop it some. Next, that green field, it needs something. It's just to much empty space. Maybe put a picture in the background, or the words "Green Earth" in the center of the field, just like with the sky.

Digital : Deffect
09-01-2005, 10:16 PM
maybe a fading image of the same girl in a different pose or mirrored?

MistressPookyChan
09-02-2005, 06:10 AM
I like when people use the default grass wallpaper. It spices things up a bit. Now, if you made it a WinXP wallpaper, that would be cool. /geek

I like it how it is. I am quite fond of the font, but I think it should be lowered a bit. BTW, did you add more shadows to the grass? it looks a bit dark.

demonix
09-02-2005, 07:37 AM
is quite nice, even if it is the default XP wally. shinnnnyyy.It wasn't the default wallpaper on my computer (but I ditched the tacky hi-grade default for something a bit more acceptable) but I think even altering pre-loaded wallpapers with decient alterations (which this is) is a good thing.

simonds
09-02-2005, 07:56 AM
It's good do not put the girl in middle, a little coser wouldn't hurt.

Cantelope
09-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes Pooky-san, I took the original, adjusted the levels, and then I did a little color correction. Then I made a cloud layer, motion blurred, and errr...soft light I believe it was.

The point is, yessss, I increased the shadow and highlights range.

shi_amai
09-02-2005, 08:29 PM
That was your default WP? Mine was some funky 3D designs, and it said Vaio, though I do have that wallpaper. I love the premade XP wallpapers, some actually look really nice, and cool.

Now, then, on topic. I've learned the the text often looks good when it's a little under the middle, but not too much. Maybe you could put some lines or something on the bg, but not too light? Sorry, haven't had many ideas since my last masterpiece. ^_^;

EternalBlue
09-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Hehe I like this one ^^. I love the scan and the cloud's shadows on the grass. The text is....ok for me I guess lol, but I think it should be lowered a bit too, maybe about centered(vertically) but still above the grass. Also I see sunbeams on her, but it's like they stop as soon as her body does, maybe extend the sunbeams out (diagonal up-left) a bit to make it more realistic that way. Great job overall ^^

Oh, and just so you know, I'm very very picky on extractions XD so here's a couple things I saw:
The very top left part of her hair still has a little bit of white(is that white? maybe its light blue) left on it. Same with the bottom right, the first piece of her hair apart from the main part of her hair as well as a little bit on the main part. On the left, one piece of her hair ends kind of weird, maybe taper it off instead of having a long point like that. Also, the inner bend of some pieces of her hair lookg kind of..square? Are you using pen or polygon lasso to extract? Because if you're using pen, you can alter the path to curve around in areas like that. If you need help figuring out how just ask ^^ Oh and her hand on the bottom left(her right hand, left side from our perspective) has a pixel or two leftover between her middle and ring finger.

http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/laugh.gifWell then, that's about my two cent's worth, hope to see the completed version soon ^^

Doa
09-03-2005, 04:19 PM
I think that the green grass doen't really fit with the overall colors. The wallpaper seem to have a blue "subject" and that green grass just doen't fit. Maybe try changing it so it'll look more blue or use another background.
With that said, I think it's a very good looking wallpaper.:laugh: