PDA

View Full Version : Pls rate this bg

Kyrie
08-22-2005, 05:54 AM
Im new. So I hope Im not gonna do anything wrong... this is my first post and pls be nice? haha ^^;; These characters are from PeaceMaker Kurogane~

EternalBlue
08-22-2005, 08:24 AM
Woo, looks pretty good. The mood definitely fits the scan and I love the way you emphasized the blue(blue-purple?). I don't think it's necessary to have the "Can only be downlaoded" text top center, but it blends in fairly well so that's not a problem. Good job on this one, keep up the great work ^^

-Shizu-
08-22-2005, 08:47 AM
nice :)

teed
08-22-2005, 09:59 AM
i like it! very niice ! ^_^

MistressPookyChan
08-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Don't give one-word posts. See the rules.

Anyway, I love monocrome and you did a fantastic job at it! Everything goes well together. I also agree that some of the text is unnecissary and doesnt seem to go with the rest of the wall. Good use of the clock, though!

Cantelope
08-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Mmm, kudos to you. Very nice job.

I don't really know about everyone else, but I find the violet kinda out of place. I mean, there's too little of it, compared to the rest of the wallpaper, and I don't feel it "blending" in. I AM diggin' the tears though, but the background dude just bugs me. His hair.... O_o;; I really like the brushing job you did on the background, and how the stock works well with your text. =) Cept the text could look better. So added all up...

8.7/10

Marie2007
08-22-2005, 05:33 PM
it is great i am quite impressed keep it up

Kyrie
08-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Actually, the text you guys are all talking abt (upper right-ish) is a brush ^^;; I actually didn't notice what it actually *said* until you pointed it out~ But thanks for all the constructive criticism! And I happen to like the purple-y blue but everyone's entitled to their opinions right?

EDIT//

I changed the text up at the top because I agree, it's very unnecessary~ ^^ So now how is it?

MistressPookyChan
08-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Much better. I knew it was a brush, but even brushes don't always go with a particular wallpaper. I also like the purpley color, so you should keep it.

EternalBlue
08-23-2005, 01:49 AM
I agree with Pooky, Looks much better without that text, and the purply-blue should definitely stay.

Cervan
08-25-2005, 01:30 AM
10/10 i liked everything about it the letters in the backround that were removed made it alot better and i love that purple contrast on this picture thats why i give it a 10/10

MistressPookyChan
08-25-2005, 03:55 AM
10/10 nothing needs to be said

yes, plenty more needs to be said. Warning given for spamming. Read the rules and the numerous Mod threads about rating and giving non-meaningful posts.

Raven
08-25-2005, 07:06 AM
I wish I had my own computer online, then I could, umm.. borrow this wp. Its really good. The blue(ish) color is great, and it stands out so much more with the non-color of the rest of it. Good job.

Sophonax
08-25-2005, 07:15 AM
I don't like the use of the magic cutting tool. =/ you cut the clothes.. and messed up the other persons hair.. Cut it out with the other tool, and it'll be better. =3 Good luck.

Other than that, it looks good. Not great. Just good.

Lightangel
08-25-2005, 09:58 AM
I really like it, ecspicially the use of the colour.

wizz-o-matic
08-25-2005, 10:45 AM
Nice ^^ the bg looks nifty ... but must agree with Soph ... the extraction is bad >_>

If you're a Photoshop user ... use either "Filter > Extract" or normal deleting brush, and go slowly around the edges of the char and deleting the useless parts.

MuZ0NaZ
08-25-2005, 03:11 PM
I'd rather use layer masks and pen tool or polygonal lasso just in case you would need to fix the extraction later.

MistressPookyChan
08-27-2005, 12:02 AM
Nice ^^ the bg looks nifty ... but must agree with Soph ... the extraction is bad >_>

If you're a Photoshop user ... use either "Filter > Extract" or normal deleting brush, and go slowly around the edges of the char and deleting the useless parts.

That is what I do. Yeah, the erase tool is really slow, but it works the best for me.

.Lovebeat
08-27-2005, 04:46 AM
It's so touching!! Really good!! The bakground is perfect, but what's up with the other persons (the one behind) hair? And I like the flower (also the colour), it makes it a bit more touching.

Halio
08-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Wow that's really cool keep it up.