PDA

View Full Version : Kimono Drop *WARNING*

Xian Pu
08-09-2005, 04:34 AM
Okay, I traced the girl from a smaller image that was, well crappy. It was grainy and the line art wasn't the greatest; it was all over the map. As you can plainly see- I need help with the eyes, nothing I do looks worth a tinkers damn, and I can't seem to get them to act right. Any and all helps/suggestions are welcome. Also, what else does the BG need? Suggestions for that are more than welcome as well.
This is also some of the most extensive work I've done to an image. As I've liberally used the burn tool to help bring out the natural shadows on the girl.

Aside from the stock photo in the very background, the background is made from scratch. I took two seperate images and made them into brushes for the screen, and the frame is completely made from my imagination.

EternalBlue
08-09-2005, 10:51 AM
I feel for ya Xian, eyes are tough to draw thats for sure. I think the best way to get started would be to use the same color as the sketch and put in the outline of the eyes. After that, you can erase the part where the eye is white as well as erase the line where the white meets the skin. Then fill in the rest with her eyecolor. Add a little bit of burn/dodge or just erase with a low opacity and overlay some parts of her eye to add some dimension(dunno if that made sense, but I'm not too good at explaining it ^^;) Hope that helped a little at least.

The Rebel
08-10-2005, 04:12 PM
The first one looks better. I guess the lack of eyes has something to do with that. I really don't know what else to say.

Sinnaku
08-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Eyes are nothard!! thayve got to be the easiest part! if you cent do eyes then you cant draw for a horse's ***

MistressPookyChan
08-12-2005, 05:31 AM
Sinnaku, you have been warned. Please read the rules of the forum before posting again.

Some people have problems with certain things. If you cannot offer any constructive advice/criticism, don't post.

MistaCloudStrife
08-12-2005, 05:50 AM
Looks okay to me...

Here... I just took your original one and made this one for you... as an example of course... ^^ You can use it as a guide of some sort...

I made the eyes... of course they dont look perfect, just giving an example of how it could look...

And for the background, I made the lighting a bit darker... A semi spotlight on her... I thought the room she was in a bit too bright... ^^ The background you did is good though... ^^

So yeah... thats basically it...

DuhWhatsAUserName
08-12-2005, 06:16 AM
nice its like you can perv on real ppl

boogerworm
08-12-2005, 09:26 AM
ju guys are creepy

N.D. Wolfwood
08-12-2005, 08:54 PM
hate to admit it (as much as I love naked women), but boogerworm's right. ur takin time out ta draw and trace draw and edit hentai into wallpaper. It's not like lookin at women is wrong or anything (to a certain point) , but you probably coulda found one way easier. you got access to the net man! use it!!!!

unless this was to express your love and inner perversion for fuu........:ooh: :eek:

Sinnaku
08-13-2005, 03:03 PM
you must have something stuck in your brain cuz your making your life all about re making hentai. Get HELP!

Mushrambo
08-14-2005, 10:59 AM
I agree with all the hentai statements. Couldv'e u just drew another Fuu pic instead of the one she pose for in that episode? It's perverted and it gives me the creeps*shudders* how about do the one when she is walking with the kawaii looking expression on her face? But hey this is my opinion about it. If u don't draw pics like this sometimes u will get alot more praise and alot more tips about it.(Not trying to be mean or anything)^_^

MistressPookyChan
08-15-2005, 06:50 AM
He was looking for the pose, not the hentai.

Again, if people cannot offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, the posts will be deleted and warnings dished out. Read the rules.

MistaCloudStrife
08-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Thank you for that...

I actually didn't see anything wrong with that wallpaper... Heck, I even edited it... Not a wallpaper I would use myself, but imo, some "pantsu" shot wallpapers get alot more gaphic than that... o.O;;

Tsuna Kadiri
08-15-2005, 08:52 PM
How can you classify that as hentai? O.o .. when you go to a museum and see a picture or statue of someone nude, do you automatically think, "OMG, it's Hentai"? .. And she's not even completely nude. I see nothing wrong with that picture. It's art, simple as that.

Hehe.. back to the wall. I love the backround. I think it's extremely nice. <3 .. and I agree that the wall looks a little bright. The sort of spotlight effect makes it more interesting to look at. I think Fuu needs more depth, though. Try adding some shading.. because the BG and her aren't working well together.

kingkostas
08-18-2005, 02:38 AM
I think that your picture is very good....well i used to have problem with eyes when i start drawing anime and manga...The part of the eyes are my favorite one.you have to love them and you will draw them good.
You can draw a lot of eyes and then check which is better...I hope you will solve your problem...

(now can i ask something? You draw it with the pc mouse because i draw them with the mouse and it's difficult my god...this picture in my signature i made it in photoshop with mouse......i think i need a pad!!!or a scannerrrr!!!) :)

Xian Pu
08-28-2005, 11:54 PM
Okay clarification time. First, I did not draw this. I had it on my HD for awhile. I simply retraced it in Photoshop and added the BG; which I did some work on. Second of all, to all the hentai 'haters' get A)a grip and B) a life. i don't personally see any of you offering any constructive ideas for improvment (thanks Pooks), so why not STFU and get out my thread?

Second of all, sorry for the hella delay but the day I was working on this, to you know, fix it, my monitor got fried by an electrical storm and yes, it was hooked up to a surge protector. Thank you MistaCloudStrife for your help, it is appreciated. As for the BG being too light keep in mind that I wasn't a hundred percent finished with it. Like I said electrical storm and surge protectors that don't work... Yeah... Anyway, what do you think of it now? I used the burn tool, the blur and dodge tool, added two additional layers to help darken the outer area around the eyes. Is it any good/better? Oh right, I also added a layer over the entire image, dropped the opacity down to like 15% to darken it up. How does it look?