PDA

View Full Version : Greenday overrated?

Dark-Sasuke
06-09-2005, 02:35 PM
I kinda think this, i used to think greenday were awesome but im really bored of em and can't stand em anymore, am i the only one? and i can guarntee will (spanky79) is gonna have a say in this

Mugetsu
06-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I actually like Green Day. While I dont think every song they have is great, I think that they are pretty good overall.

retro
06-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Very over rated, they just sound so bland boring. And putting politically motivated lyrics into a song[s] doesn't make them any better, I'm just not a punk[ish] fan really.

hao~asakura
06-09-2005, 03:08 PM
yup.. totally over rated... i dont like them.. i prefered their older stuff.. but most people have never heard it.... so ... im kinda at a loss here...i mean... im open to all music (though preferably rock) but... their music is pretty... i dunno... poppy and predictable. although i do like b/vard of broken dreams... but thats the one most people dont like... oh well.. im a strange one when it comes to music.

spanky79
06-09-2005, 03:17 PM
I kinda think this, i used to think greenday were awesome but im really bored of em and can't stand em anymore, am i the only one? and i can guarntee will (spanky79) is gonna have a say in thisSheep never say that you kids just don't have respect for you're elders obviously people must love them cause they've been here for 15 years and you're always listening to these greenday clones (simple plan, three days grace good charlotte) but never giving greenday the respect they deserve

Dark-Sasuke
06-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Three days grace are nothing like green day! There closer to linkin park, green day are like pop and TDG are like rock

TodayIsMine
06-09-2005, 03:46 PM
greenday's old stuff is amazing, but the new stuff from american idiot sux really bad. i only like St. Jimmy off that album. all the other stuff is going mainstream and is getting annoying and almost nausiating to listen to.

spanky79
06-09-2005, 04:04 PM
greenday's old stuff is amazing, but the new stuff from american idiot sux really bad. i only like St. Jimmy off that album. all the other stuff is going mainstream and is getting annoying and almost nausiating to listen to.
I agree but this is what sheep has based his opinon upon without hearing earlier songs like Maria and Walkin contradiction

Mugetsu
06-09-2005, 04:07 PM
I've noticed that a lot of people loved Greenday before they made it "big", but once they got recognition a lot of people turned their backs on them. Selling a lot of records doesn't mean you sold out (though in their case they kinda did). I guess they were cool when they were a secret known to only a few people, but once everyone knew about them the were no longer cool or punk enough. All the GD hating came after their 1st successful album.

spanky79
06-09-2005, 04:10 PM
I've noticed that a lot of people loved Greenday before they made it "big", but once they got recognition a lot of people turned their backs on them. Selling a lot of records doesn't mean you sold out (though in their case they kinda did). I guess they were cool when they were a secret known to only a few people, but once everyone knew about them the were no longer cool or punk enough. All the GD hating came after their 1st successful album.
But this is why sheep doesn't understand he hasn't heard the legends past music to him means 1998 he had never even heard of the doors possible the biggest rock band ever

sazico234
06-09-2005, 04:35 PM
i love greenday , if they didnt exist i wouldnt lol, but they do tend to but there songs on all the time whick can be frustrating

Nineteenth
06-09-2005, 10:03 PM
It's not that green day sold out, they ended up EXACTLY like other groups of the same genre. I was a fan of their Kurplunk album when I was in middle school, and again of their Insominaic album. After that, they became.. Unbearable.
This is the truth: I was watching music videos, The Used, My Chemical Romance and Green Day sound exactly the same. If it was'nt for the name of the bands being constantly displayed.. I would have not been able to tell them apart.
They conformed , and they did it rather uniform.
All I can say is.. Who wants to buy a Kerplunk Album?