PDA

View Full Version : Cardcaptor Sakura Anyone?

Spirit of Yukino
05-24-2005, 10:48 AM
xxx I don't know why people do not like Cardcaptor Sakura anymore. I like it, I know other people who like the Mangas. If I were the creator of the Cardcaptor Sakura movies, I would definitely choose a different voice for Sakura Avalon, since her voice doesn't sound like natural English to me, but that's just my opinion. Does anyone agree with me out there?

--Your Anime and Manga Fan,

Spirit of Yukino <smiles>

Havana
05-24-2005, 12:41 PM
I think it's because of the english dub..and it's Cardcaptors for
the american version.

/Aifa|
05-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah, the American dub changed too much from the original. I liked it though, they even made an english version to "Catch you Catch me" and used it for the intro for some time, until they changed it to that lame one.

Its Sakura Kinomoto in the Japanese version.

Please!Teacher Fan Jeremy
05-26-2005, 09:10 AM
i still like the card captor sakura show. people need to get back into this show. come on, this show rocks!
ANIME ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkShadow60
06-12-2005, 10:31 PM
I still love Card Captor Sakura. Card Captor Sakura forever.

linny12013
06-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Cardcaptor Sakura :ooh: who doesn't http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/cardcaptorsakura-01.gif

Ωmega
06-14-2005, 05:06 PM
i was always a ccs fan,but now im super happy to see sakura and lee in tsubasa

DarkShadow60
06-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Card Captors is and forever will be the best and anybody who thinks its not will be dead by me and anybody else who's with me. I think us Ccs fans need to stick togather am I right.

Saint Mana
06-18-2005, 12:37 AM
Cardcaptor Sakura is eternally my dearest and most favorite Manga. I do so enjoy it ever so much.

princess kakurine
06-19-2005, 08:14 AM
Cardcaptor Sakura is one/most of my favorite anime! Speacially the 2 couples! Syaoran and sakura! And i also like the new anime of clamp which is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle where Syaoran saves Sakura in finding sakura's feathers! :love:

freya_dark_chii
06-19-2005, 08:24 AM
i lik cardcaptors sakura(ccs)!!! i fink its a funny show... but doesnt sakura hv a secret crush on julian??? or she doesnt hv a secret crush on him anymore??? but sakura n' li does mak a good couple

hkk
06-19-2005, 02:15 PM
yeah! ccs rocks! seriously, who dont like it? ^^ i almost couldnt believe it whe they took it off here in germany =( its gettin time to re-take it on air again

laterz ^^ hkk

DragonNight
06-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Cn really did change it alot
i like the original Japanese version
although any version is fine by me

DarkShadow60
06-19-2005, 05:50 PM
your right dragonnight any version is good.

Kentredenite
06-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Card Captor Sakura was and will always be my favourite anime show. I thought that the English dubbed version was a bit confusing, considering there was no clear plot, and there were some random cuts to important episodes and scenes... but it was better than what it could have been...

Well... I take that back. It was horrible.

cblssms
06-20-2005, 09:16 PM
I think it is because of CCS in America which made it suck. I saw the Japanese version and the story was TOTALLY different. Sakura was supposed to be a les with her best friend! America totally changed the story plot so I didn't like it, plus all the important scenes CUT..... well not all, but most of them! DETAIL, PEOPLE! We are teens! We can handle the truth! >.<

Kentredenite
06-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Well, does anyone want to see an essay I wrote on the dubbing of anime shows, especially CCS? :D

Saint Mana
06-20-2005, 10:31 PM
I would! Cardcaptor Sakura's dubbing is the single greatest tradgety in dubbing. Why, the dub of Cardcaptor Sakura was butchered worse than One Piece.
I dislike dubbing...

Kentredenite
06-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Here it is. I wrote it for school. ^^

Language differences have been one of the most difficult barriers to overcome in the process of understanding other cultures. When a text is translated from one language to another, there is always some meaning lost, whether it is a pun, or a word that can have a more specific meaning than can be found in the language that is being translated to. However, usually, the translator tries to maintain the original meaning of the text or script in the translation, but in dubs of anime shows, Anglo centric companies have mutilated the show so much as to completely change the plot.

One of the ways that anime translators rewrite the script to look more Anglo-Saxon is by removing all traces of homosexuality. For example, in the show Cardcaptor Sakura, dubbed into Cardcaptors, the relationships between couples like Yukito and Touya, as well as the relationship between Tomoyo and Sakura, which can be interpreted as a dedicated friendship (They are only 9-10 years old), were lost. Instead, all scenes with Touya and Yukito together doing things like homework were cut. All the scenes with Tomoyo talking about how lucky she was to be able to film Sakura, or about how cute Sakura was, were cut. There is no doubt that such cuts were to “protect” America from the “evils” of homosexuality. While the main plot works just fine without these relationships, what makes Cardcaptor Sakura so great is that there are countless minor plots and fluff sections based solely on relationships like these. In a recent Cardcaptor Sakura survey, the favorite character of the fans was Tomoyo, the main reason being the way she acts around Sakura. The omission of her relationship decreased the popularity of Cardcaptors a lot.

On the topic of Tomoyo, her name was changed in Cardcaptors from the original Daidouji Tomoyo (Japanese names put the family name first) to Madison Taylor. The renaming of many characters concerned many fans, so the dubbing company, Nelvana, dedicated a section of their Cardcaptors FAQ to respond to this controversy.

Cardcaptors is directed at an English-speaking audience. Many fans are children. Some of the original character names are difficult for English-speaking children to pronounce. The new character names are as similar to the original as possible while at the same time allowing children to identify with the characters and ensuring the names are memorable and simple. (From the Cardcaptors FAQ)

This explanation, however, does not explain how a name like Madison is more memorable than something simple like Tomoyo. Certainly a name with only one kind of vowel sound in it is easier to pronounce than “Madison”? In fact, only one character in Cardcaptors retained her original name, Sakura. Unfortunately, looking at how the voice actors/actresses pronounce the name “Sakura” like “sa-KOO-rah”, it becomes more apparent why Nelvana came to the conclusion that the average American child could not pronounce it. The explanation also does not explain names like Aiden for Fujitaka. According to the FAQ, the intention was to keep the new names as similar to the original. There is absolutely no way that Aiden was the most similar name that Nelvana could come up with. Although the intent was to keep the sense of the original name, the only effect the name changes had was a bunch of angry fans of Cardcaptor Sakura.

Not only did Nelvana, and other dubbing companies try to disguise the original content of the shows, they decided to add their own subliminal social messages into the shows. In the anime show Sailor Moon, two characters, Haruka and Michiru, especially Haruka, who is a racecar driver, are girls that excel in areas that are mostly male-dominated. It is unbelievable that the dubbing companies seemingly intentionally cut every single scene of Haruka or Michiru doing anything accomplished. Instead, they become “normal” teenagers, with Michiru being a slut and Haruka being a loner. This also occurs in the aforementioned Cardcaptor Sakura, where everyone’s favourite character, Tomoyo, loses all her creativity. In the original Cardcaptor Sakura, she spends most of her free time making battle costumes for Sakura, but in Cardcaptors, she comes up with various sources from which she got the design, like in a fashion magazine. This only happens in America and third world countries where only men were created equal.

Although language and cultural differences make inter-cultural media difficult to preserve, there is no excuse for what Nelvana and similar companies did to Japanese anime shows. America is supposed to be the giant melting pot. However, now, the majority of Americans reject other cultures when they are subjected to them, so most Americans will never know about foreign cultures that America supposedly embraces.

Kinomoto,Sakura
06-21-2005, 04:54 AM
That was a cool essay.I love CCS!It's my favorite show and always will be!Anybody who thinks so too just PM me!:) S+S forever!!!

clowtrigger
06-21-2005, 05:00 AM
I still love CCS but, I really need to move on to Tsubasa, It's really nice to have Sakura and Syaoran back

Aiame-chan
06-22-2005, 05:52 AM
I think that Card Captor Sacura is a very good Anime! I know meny people who like it.

Mutsumi Anami
06-22-2005, 07:16 AM
I love CardCaptor Sakura, I love everything on that anime series...CCS ROCKS!!
WE CANNOT FORGET THIS ANIME SERIES IT'S ONE OF THE GREATEST SERIES ON EARTH^ ^!!!

JustAGirl
06-22-2005, 02:32 PM
I remember watching this on tv a few years ago, and then it was taken off the air. I was so unhappy because I had just started to get into it, and they took it away. I was in a movie store the other day, and I saw some anime videos and they had Cardcaptor Sakura, and I was so tempted to buy it, but I had already spent a lot of money that day, so maybe when I get some more money I'll go back and buy it.

DarkShadow60
06-22-2005, 06:15 PM
tell it like it is mutsumi anami you speak the truth.

Darkasiangurl
06-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Cardcaptor Sakura is da BOMB .....I love it so much ....Its cute and its funni

Kinomoto,Sakura
06-23-2005, 01:13 PM
I started a CCS fan group on a site and I have only two other members!I love CCS and only two members!:mad: Evil....

Saint Mana
06-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Eh? Cardcaptor Sakura Fan Group? I want in! ^_^

Mutsumi Anami
06-23-2005, 10:41 PM
OH I wanna be in it....LOL!
I'M LUCKY TOMOROW I'LL BE ABLE TO WATCH THE SECOND CCS MOVIE IN TVC!!!!
YAYYYY!

Saint Mana
06-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Ah, Mutsumi Anami, the Second Cardcaptor Sakura Movie is great! I am sure you will love it. ^_^

Mutsumi Anami
06-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Ah, Mutsumi Anami, the Second Cardcaptor Sakura Movie is great! I am sure you will love it. ^_^
Yeah I actually saw it in Spanish but only a part of it..that was the ending...very cute and romantic!!Thx Saint Mana!:cool:

Ash
06-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Cardcaptors was actually the first anime I ever watched and really liked. So its special to me. Wish it were still on T.V. *sobs*

Dark Senshi
06-24-2005, 02:07 AM
I love Sakura Cardcaptors! It's one of my fave anime! I watched the show dubbed in english and then I saw it dubbed in spanish (live in Mexico), but still they kept her original name and all and it's an awsome show! I hope I get to read the original manga. I'm such a romantic when it comes to Sakura and Li, lol

Kinomoto,Sakura
06-24-2005, 11:19 AM
lol.I like Cardcaptors to but it ain't half as good as Cardcaptor Sakura!I'm gonna help keep Cardcaptor Sakura living forever!That will be fun.I'll decorate me house with her in 15 years.^^But for now,just my room.

Ash
06-24-2005, 05:26 PM
:awe: Lol good luck with that.

Kentredenite
06-24-2005, 05:41 PM
I started a CCS fan group on a site and I have only two other members!I love CCS and only two members!:mad: Evil....Aww... I'll help you.

I just need to know where said group is.

DarkShadow60
06-24-2005, 11:10 PM
me too just tell me where to go so I can sign up. CCS forever!

Saint Mana
06-25-2005, 02:26 AM
lol.I like Cardcaptors to but it ain't half as good as Cardcaptor Sakura!I'm gonna help keep Cardcaptor Sakura living forever!That will be fun.I'll decorate me house with her in 15 years.^^But for now,just my room.
I have to agree, Cardcaptor Sakura is so much greater than Cardcaptors the Dub.
In the dub they ruined many things.

Oh hey, where is your CCS Fansite, I want to sign up!

princess kakurine
06-25-2005, 04:44 AM
Did someone here watch the "Leave it to Kero Extra" where kero and spinny were fighting? i dont know where to get of cd of it or here in the internet... I want to watch it because its kinda cute to watch

Wonderwice
06-25-2005, 04:52 AM
i still like the card captor sakura show. people need to get back into this show. come on, this show rocks!
ANIME ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree

clowtrigger
06-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle is one of my faves and I owe it to the success of SxS couple! SakuraxShaoran Forever..

OT: Would be cool if they had a CCS third movie featuring the Tsubasa Gang

Moon_gal_Warrior
06-25-2005, 09:28 AM
:D Card Captor Rocks! :D One of the best anime ive seen..... how many series are there? ive only seen i think the first 2 series and the first movie

stigmatize
06-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Cardcaptor Sakura is indeed a very good anime, i liked it a lot! :D :D But i actually like the manga more than the anime. Sakura and Shaoran are so cute together. :) But i think i much prefer CCS than Tsubasa Resevoir.

lovebaby
06-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Card Captor was the second anime I watched, after Sailormoon (which sucks ;) ). It's a cool serie. I love Sakura and Tomoyo, they're so adorable. I'm fascinated by all the outfits Tomoyo created.

koga's gurl2
06-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Card Captor was the second anime I watched, after Sailormoon (which sucks ;) ). It's a cool serie. I love Sakura and Tomoyo, they're so adorable. I'm fascinated by all the outfits Tomoyo created.

Cardcaptors was a second show after sailor moon for me too I luv the show so much! Tomoyo was in the Tsusbasa episodes that I downloaded her outfits just keep getting better and better.

Moon_gal_Warrior
06-26-2005, 08:55 AM
I didnt think sailor moon sucked

Whats Tsubaba etc? Ive only seen dubs:(

Saint Mana
06-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Reservoir Chronicle Tsubasa is a Manga and Anime series that uses characters from older CLAMP Manga. Sakura, and Syaoran from CCS are wo of the main characters in Tsubasa. Touya and Yukito, along with many other CLAMP Characters, also make appearances in Tsubasa. The story of Tsubasa is that Sakura, the princess of Clow, has all of her memories lost. Syaoran, her closest friend, decides to go on a journey spanning dimension to recover her lost memories. Along the way he joins up with Fye D. Flowright, a magician, and Kurogane who is a swordsman. It is very romantic and adventurous. It is aimed at a slightly higher audience than Cardcaptor Sakura, but most CCS fans like it.

jsmine3345686
06-27-2005, 06:37 PM
I love Cardcapters Sakura(did I spell it right?) I so agree with you.

koga's gurl2
06-27-2005, 06:42 PM
I love Cardcapters Sakura(did I spell it right?) I so agree with you.Yes I you did spell it write pm me back

koga's gurl2
06-27-2005, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=Saint Mana]Reservoir Chronicle Tsubasa is a Manga and Anime series that uses characters from older CLAMP Manga. Sakura, and Syaoran from CCS are wo of the main characters in Tsubasa. Touya and Yukito, along with many other CLAMP Characters, also make appearances in Tsubasa. The story of Tsubasa is that Sakura, the princess of Clow, has all of her memories lost. Syaoran, her closest friend, decides to go on a journey spanning dimension to recover her lost memories. Along the way he joins up with Fye D. Flowright, a magician, and Kurogane who is a swordsman. It is very romantic and adventurous. It is aimed at a slightly higher audience than Cardcaptor Sakura, but most CCS fans like it.[/QUOTE You are right i love that manga / japanese show

DarkShadow60
06-28-2005, 12:45 AM
its the best all the way around my friends thats all there is this to it.

Kinomoto,Sakura
06-28-2005, 10:57 AM
I am happy there are still many fans!!:)

M.C
06-28-2005, 03:59 PM
hey i love ccs its a great anime :P

KidCash
06-29-2005, 08:57 PM
i like CC Sakura she a cutie who does not like her

DarkShadow60
06-30-2005, 12:10 AM
well said KidCash.

Kinomoto,Sakura
06-30-2005, 12:22 AM
i like CC Sakura she a cutie who does not like her
I agree with you!:) But I saw somebody here who hated me because of my username!:mad:

Saint Mana
06-30-2005, 01:58 AM
Aww, that is too bad. I think you are pretty cool ^_^.
Anyway, thanks for agreeing with me koga's gurl2, I am glad I am not the only one who thinks that way.
It is good that CCS still has many fans...

Kinomoto,Sakura
06-30-2005, 02:20 AM
Aww, that is too bad. I think you are pretty cool ^_^.
Anyway, thanks for agreeing with me koga's gurl2, I am glad I am not the only one who thinks that way.
It is good that CCS still has many fans...Thank you very much.I still can't beleive it was on this site though....I can't remember the person's name.:mad: They were like racist against it!:<_<:I love CCS though!My fluffy Bunney demons shall eat people who insult Sakura!(Or other CCS people.^_^)

Wrath^^
06-30-2005, 06:31 PM
i used to like this anime

KidCash
07-01-2005, 01:35 AM
I agree with you!:) But I saw somebody here who hated me because of my username!:mad:
they was probably just hating Sakura i like that name

KidCash
07-01-2005, 01:36 AM
well said KidCash.
thanks Shadow

Kinomoto,Sakura
07-01-2005, 01:43 AM
I like the name too.I asked them why and they said"...Cause your Sakura..."and started saying evilness about her.

harmonie
07-01-2005, 02:25 AM
nice post kinimoto and kid
cash

harmonie
07-01-2005, 02:26 AM
can i join your clan??????

KidCash
07-01-2005, 02:58 AM
I like the name too.I asked them why and they said"...Cause your Sakura..."and started saying evilness about her.
like i said there hating and i still love the name Sakura u should not worry about people like that the name is good and hey i like it So be happy :]

KidCash
07-01-2005, 03:00 AM
can i join your clan??????

am not in a clan sorry

Kinomoto,Sakura
07-01-2005, 04:11 AM
like i said there hating and i still love the name Sakura u should not worry about people like that the name is good and hey i like it So be happy :]
Thanks.:)

princess kakurine
07-01-2005, 05:33 AM
dont forget me!

im a Cardcaptor Sakura and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle fanatic!!!:D

Kinomoto,Sakura
07-01-2005, 02:34 PM
lol.I love this thread!:dancing: :banana: :dancing: Party for the thread!CCS shall rule forever!:)

KidCash
07-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks.:)
Youre Welcome :D

DarkShadow60
07-02-2005, 06:23 PM
thats why I said we all need to stick together.

Alice_Fallen_Cloud
07-04-2005, 04:39 AM
I liked the series and i have the first three manga

DarkShadow60
07-04-2005, 09:38 PM
kool.:)

Anime^fangirl^Shenlu
07-07-2005, 04:20 PM
I only saw up to a certain episode. Then the channel stopped showing it :<_<:

I think it's because the Julian/Tori relationship was getting slighlty shounen-ai. That's just my opinion lol. I wanna see the jap version, compare voices:mellow: and see if they're good. (Most probably better) Yes i'm very sad and i've only seen the english version :D

Corina
07-11-2005, 05:53 AM
I love CCS. It's ten times better than the dubbed version. The dubbed version got all mess up. They don't have all the episodes, they cut out all the best scenes, and some of the voice actors are horrible ((Although I love Yue's voice. XD)) . the Japanese has a lot more..well....emotion in their voices ^___^. And Sakura and Li's relationship is soo adorable. Oh and in the subbed version, you get to hear Tomoyo ((madison)) sing :). her voice is soo pretty :D . i wish they kept on going on with the episodes

white rose warrior
07-11-2005, 06:32 AM
i agree and i dont even know what the show is

AnimeLegend!713
07-11-2005, 03:39 PM
The people who work at the television stations should bring it back.Kids WB,they actually used to have it on their channel for like 2 years and canceled before it was completed!!!!!!!!!!!That's why I want to go on a strike ouside the station but I'm too young to do that.*starts muttering bad things*And I love it.

AnimeLegend!713
07-11-2005, 03:39 PM
The people who work at the television stations should bring it back.Kids WB,they actually used to have it on their channel for like 2 years and canceled before it was completed!!!!!!!!!!!That's why I want to go on a strike ouside the station but I'm too young to do that.*starts muttering bad things*And I love it.

DarkShadow60
07-12-2005, 11:55 PM
lol you have a good heart animelegend!713.

koga's gurl2
07-14-2005, 09:04 PM
I still love CCS but, I really need to move on to Tsubasa, It's really nice to have Sakura and Syaoran backyeah it is real good its like syorans own big adventure. Everyone should read it.

LittleAngel
07-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Sakura is so cute! She and Syaoran makes a good couple.

The Pro Bum (and CCS fan)
05-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Cardcaptor Sakura (NOT CARDCAPTORS) is and will always will be one of my favorite anime and manga series. I wish i had money to buy the CCS movies... hint hint :)

IloveInuYasha!
05-19-2006, 07:57 AM
Cardcaptor Sakura is the best!!!!! it rox!!!!!(its too bad that it isn`t being shipped to Australia anymore.:(..)

DarkShadow60
06-13-2006, 06:30 PM
power to Card Captor Sakura.http://www.animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

-+Dark_hayabusa+-
06-17-2006, 02:34 AM
Becoz there r many new good animes that better than CCS! If you watch it over and over with the same plot, u will get bored with it!

Dark_Cloud-Xiao
06-17-2006, 04:24 AM
i love Cardcaptors! but i agree with Havana about Sakura's voice

gene the man
06-17-2006, 04:29 AM
I agree with that. If you watch an anime over and over again it gets boring. Such as CCS. I mean you can only watch so much before it gets boring. But it is still a good one. Especially when it first came out.

DarkShadow60
06-18-2006, 01:32 AM
not to me.

spoonfeeders
06-18-2006, 06:06 AM
cardcaptor sakura is a very cute anime. i like it though it's not one of my favorites.

~Pure Soul~
06-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Umm I love sakura and tomoyo..I like theri voices,exept tomoyos.Its a little grown up!^^

teragom
06-19-2006, 10:52 PM
why would they give her an english accent? that would sound totally messed up. ive only seen the american version and i love it.

teragom
06-19-2006, 10:53 PM
wait hold on. shes supposed to be a les with her friend?? wow thats messed up

DarkShadow60
06-20-2006, 08:40 PM
ok you lost me there.http://www.animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/confused.gif

angelic_assasin
06-23-2006, 02:56 PM
card captor sakura is kinda getting old and its too childish...i mean its good because that was the first anime i watched but i grew out of it^^'

pyre
08-15-2006, 09:15 PM
i was always a ccs fan,but now im super happy to see sakura and lee in tsubasa
ditto! and syaoran is so HOTT in tsubasa! theyr all grown up now... :)

~kawaii~cherry~
08-15-2006, 10:03 PM
I love CCS. It's ten times better than the dubbed version. The dubbed version got all mess up. They don't have all the episodes, they cut out all the best scenes, and some of the voice actors are horrible ((Although I love Yue's voice. XD)) . the Japanese has a lot more..well....emotion in their voices ^___^. And Sakura and Li's relationship is soo adorable. Oh and in the subbed version, you get to hear Tomoyo ((madison)) sing :). her voice is soo pretty :D . i wish they kept on going on with the episodes
Yes I totally agree! When I saw the jap. version the dub just couldn't even compare to it. They also changed all the songs, and Tomoyo's Yoru no Uta was replaced with this 'On the Wings of the Dreams' song. The tune wasn't even the same >.< Its also weird because there's 2 versions of the dub, an american one and the one that I saw which wasn't AS mucked up lol.

I think they portrayed Sakura and Syaoran's relasionship really well, and Syaoran's blushes are so KAWAII ^.^ The 2nd movie ends it all as well, and S&S are FINALLY together! w00t!

CaptainByakugan
08-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Lol :banana: Sakura's cool. It dosnt get played anymore were i live, i liked it, but they stopped showing it, so i broke the remote

DarkShadow60
08-21-2006, 11:49 PM
thats when you search for CCS DVDs and VHS. I did it got me four or five VHS and one DVD. check the net and/or a store that sells anime items.

Bibi of the Blue Sea
08-22-2006, 12:29 AM
CCS is one of the cutest and most adorable manga i have ever read. I never get tired of it. As for the anime, i cant really say much since the american version was absolutely horrible. it had terrible dubbing and the entire story was chopped up and destroyed. oh well, i'm not really an anime person so i could care less. i prefer manga above anime any day.

~vachi
08-23-2006, 11:40 AM
I really love this anime, it was actually one of the first ones I ever saw! I find it really cute as well, and I really like the story plot, all the magic, all the friendship, all the interesting little adventures they had! :laugh:
I would have to say CCS is one of my favorites anime series ever! :p
I´m not sure if the manga is any better, but in most cases, manga is always the best xD Though...I can´t remember the manga very well, since I read it a few years ago. But in even so, I think both of them are awesomely good! =D

daisuke_dnangel
08-27-2006, 03:26 AM
SiNce iT wAs tHe VeRy fiRst aNimE i sAW,
iT iS onE oF mY FavoRitE aniMe ShowS EveN To thE PreseNt!!;)
(iT's BecaUse Of syAorAn aNd sAkuRa ThEir So SweeT:p )

Starscream Fire
08-27-2006, 06:11 PM
I watched the series Cardcapters, with the song themetune.

I would like to watch/read Cardcapter Sakura, as it is said to be far better than Cardcapters.

I a thinking of getting a the manga.

Is it manga and anime, or just manga?

I love cardcapters. I always thought Cardcapters could have been so much better, and it looked like a edited anime.

They nevere made enough of the fights i thought.

hybridInuyasha
08-27-2006, 06:15 PM
CardCaptor Sakura was awesome until they Americanized it into Card Captors...ugh ^^

Bibi of the Blue Sea
08-27-2006, 06:17 PM
I watched the series Cardcapters, with the song themetune.

I would like to watch/read Cardcapter Sakura, as it is said to be far better than Cardcapters.

I a thinking of getting a the manga.

Is it manga and anime, or just manga?

I love cardcapters. I always thought Cardcapters could have been so much better, and it looked like a edited anime.

They nevere made enough of the fights i thought.
Cardcaptor Sakura is a cute manga and a wonderful anime. If you've seen the horribly dubbed Card Captors than you are definately missing out on the series. The manga is sold by Tokyopop here in the US. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.

xgcharlottex3
08-27-2006, 07:19 PM
i like ur thread:D

Sugar90210
08-27-2006, 07:29 PM
I love it, but only the japanese version, not the americanized one

Sugar90210
08-27-2006, 07:38 PM
I love it, but only the japanese version, not the americanized one

echizen_oujisama
08-29-2006, 04:20 AM
i don't believe a lot of people don't like CCS anymore. in fact, i have a LOT of friends who are still fanatics of CCS...as for me, i still like CCS...CCS fans that were disappointed with "Card Captors" version only have to watch "Card Captor Sakura: The Sealed Card" movie. "Sealed Card" is the 2nd movie of CCS shown after the 70th (and last episode), and it's a great movie (spoiler: syaoran and sakura even "danced" together...see here :D)

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8196/ss6aw.jpg

Old_Toonami_Fangirl
10-26-2006, 10:58 AM
xxx I don't know why people do not like Cardcaptor Sakura anymore. I like it, I know other people who like the Mangas. If I were the creator of the Cardcaptor Sakura movies, I would definitely choose a different voice for Sakura Avalon, since her voice doesn't sound like natural English to me, but that's just my opinion. Does anyone agree with me out there?

--Your Anime and Manga Fan,

Spirit of Yukino <smiles> I still love Card Captor Sakura and I've watched it ever since I was in Middle school. (which was a really long time ago considering that i'm out of high school now) anyway I agree with you, I would choose a different voice for Sakura too. Your right. and I LOVE the manga's. The manga's are awesome. I especially love the ending. but I won't spoil it for anyone out there that hasn't read the manga's. but I am a really big fan. I am currently trying to track down some uncut dvd's because the english version sucks. My friend and I were researching it one day and found out that the stupid english dubbers cut out HALF the episodes of the WHOLE season. I mean what's up with that? Doesn't that tick anyone else off??:mad: :mad: :mad:

~Rini~

::Buterfliedreem::
10-26-2006, 05:08 PM
I love Card Captor Sakura and all the clow cards are so pretty!

Old_Toonami_Fangirl
10-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Did you guys know that you can buy ALL the clow cards off Ebay?!?!? XD I'm going to buy them!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Ichigo_30382
10-29-2006, 02:07 PM
who don't like ccs any more? I still like it! CCS is cool!

Sailor Chibimoon
11-02-2006, 02:44 PM
I've never read the manga or seen the tv series myself, simply becuase Card Captor Sakura has never appealed to me for some reason, which is strange because I like pretty much every magical girl series known to exsist. I dunno....it just seemed kind of dull to me I guess. She didn't have the same kind of cool henshin objects like Sailormoon had, or the spiffy sounding attacks and items that Wedding Peach did (i.e. Saint Lily Lip Liner Rainbow XD). That's just me though. Maybe on day I'll look further into the series. I do admit though that I like the artwork very much, and I am a fan of Magic Knight Rayearth which is also by CLAMP, so who knows.

HyperHacker
11-03-2006, 04:45 PM
I would choose a different voice for Sakura too.
WTF, Sakura's voice is awesome. Check out some of the remixes of the songs used in the show with the characters' voices in place of the original singers'. They sound like 42x better. When I heard the original Fruits Candy for the first time after hearing the character-voice version, I thought my stereo must have been broken or something before I realized what had happened.

Anyway. Card Captors is a steaming pile. Card Captor Sakura, on the other hand, is the delicacy that the translators ate to produce said pile.

Kinamoto-Sakura
11-14-2006, 03:58 PM
i aggree

ElvenAssassinAvelin
11-14-2006, 04:37 PM
I really liked Card Captors when it was on TV. Like it wasnt super cool awesomeness, but it was still pretty neat. Besides the fact Sakura is cute though. ^^
Avelin

marx123
11-20-2006, 12:39 AM
IM into cardcaptor sakura...i heard its 2nd version Chronicles of the wing wow i kinda nver watched it do you guy have wathed it yet..?

kyubichan
11-20-2006, 04:56 AM
Tsubasa isn't the 2nd version of CCS. It's in an entirely different universe, but it involves most of CLAMP's characters.

I like Cardcaptor Sakura, but I don't like Sakura. She is "cute", but she's not as pretty as everyone in her world says. I like CCS because it's like Pokemon XD Whoo, gotta catch 'em all!

audi
11-21-2006, 12:24 AM
i love Cardcaptor Sakura. It's my favourite CLAMP work, and i have a thing for CLAMP. i especially love the third season, and the second movie. However, when they started showing the dub a few years back and people came to me and said "I finally see what you mean, Cardcaptor Sakura is *awesome*" i nearly threw up. The dub is worse than most, i found out. How could they change an adorable story like that? i, for one, wish i could push the morons that made that decision into a volcano. Of course, most dubs are painful... but... ruining the pretty CLAMPiness was just wrong.

*Bec*
11-21-2006, 02:35 AM
I Love Cardcaptors!!!!!!!! :) It's one of my fave Anime!

SakuraNoYuki
11-22-2006, 03:53 PM
CCS is definitely a good series but it is kinda difficult to find a fansub version of them now a days. I'm glad that CCS didn't die like some other similar series to it did before it.

audi
11-22-2006, 04:10 PM
CCS is definitely a good series but it is kinda difficult to find a fansub version of them now a days. I'm glad that CCS didn't die like some other similar series to it did before it.Yeah i'm so glad i WinMXed it before the dub came out, i love my CCS VCDs. (Although i'm going to buy the raw ones when i go to Japan.) Rewatching it never gets old.

SakuraNoYuki
11-22-2006, 04:17 PM
I would've watch more episodes if I could find a really good place for subs.

audi
11-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Sadly WinMX has been terminated. You could try looking for torrents. i use BitTorrent. Good search sites are BitTorrent.com (http://www.bittorrent.com) and TorrentSpy.com (http://www.torrentspy.com). i would guess someone has made a torrent of them somewhere.

SakuraNoYuki
11-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Oh cool! ^_^ Thanks for the information I'll look it up later. Heehee. CCS is definitely a show I never got bored of. ^^ I love Sakura and her kindness. It's so warm and happy that it's almost contagious don't you think?

Kagome sama08
11-22-2006, 05:33 PM
I started watching CCS waaaaaay back when I was in what...2nd grade? Was it that long ago O.o? Anyhow, I still love it! It's one of the best!!!

icydessert_glee
11-24-2006, 05:39 AM
who cares if people like it anymore or not but i luv it!!

Atara Inferno
11-24-2006, 06:16 AM
I don't like CCS... I LOVE CCS! That is the show that I can never get bored with. Oh my gawd, Li and Sakura are sweet together and what's with Meilin? She's just jealous whenever she sees Sakura and Li capturing cards. Good for her. Yue and Tori are so cool. And I can't live without Madison, she makes great costumes for Sakura.

Princess Hoshi
11-24-2006, 11:05 AM
As a matter of fact, I do enjoy Cardcaptor Sakura. It was one of my first animes. :3 I think the show is incredible and original. I wish they didn't take it of air. =( Then my Yu-gi-oh! phase came along...¬ ¬ I do have a few mangas, a Kero plushie, a doll of Sakura and the toy book that has all of the cards in it, and it's just like hers!^^ I wish I could have her scepter though...I want that thing...e.e

SakuraNoYuki
11-24-2006, 01:13 PM
I enjoy watcching CCSs. Every moment of watching makes me happy!!!!! ^_^ Therefore I'll never get tired of watching it! :D

katrina03
11-24-2006, 08:43 PM
i like CCS...so much...the animation is so cute...i can hardly say that i am one of the fans of this anime...:laugh:

Old_Toonami_Fangirl
11-27-2006, 08:42 AM
i like CCS...so much...the animation is so cute...i can hardly say that i am one of the fans of this anime...:laugh: *nods* I know what you mean. I'm like that too. I found this anime years ago and I got my best friend into it too and we keep getting one another into other anime shows it's really,really funny....anyway..I am a HUGE card captor fan.

Raine Dragon
11-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Dubb voices bother me quite often; especially when they don't seem to match the character's personalities.

katrina03
11-28-2006, 07:21 AM
i like CCS!!!it's really nice!the animation...the characters and the action scenes...it rocks!!

Slifer-san
11-28-2006, 07:25 AM
I like it a lot. Watched it a long time ago and loved it since.

katrina03
11-30-2006, 06:02 AM
i like it i like it i like it!!!!

dog199200
11-30-2006, 09:44 PM
I have a question, id Cardcaptors and Cardcaptors Sakura the same thing? LOL Stupid question I know, but I hear people refer to both, and i'm not sure if there that same thing or different series. Well as far as I know I like Cardcaptors, but I missed the last episode :(

KRPrincess24
11-30-2006, 09:52 PM
hey i still like it(CCS)...

SakuraNoYuki
12-01-2006, 03:32 AM
I have a question, id Cardcaptors and Cardcaptors Sakura the same thing? LOL Stupid question I know, but I hear people refer to both, and i'm not sure if there that same thing or different series. Well as far as I know I like Cardcaptors, but I missed the last episode :( Yes Cardcaptors and Card Captor Sakura (CCS) are the same.

onigiri princess
12-01-2006, 04:41 AM
Cardcaptor Sakura is one/most of my favorite anime! Speacially the 2 couples! Syaoran and sakura! And i also like the new anime of clamp which is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle where Syaoran saves Sakura in finding sakura's feathers! :love:I absolutley agree with you, the new version rocks like hell!, I love the new character designs theyre so uniqe and different from most of clamps work, and the story it'self is great

dog199200
12-02-2006, 02:28 AM
Yes Cardcaptors and Card Captor Sakura (CCS) are the same.

Thank you for answering my question SakuraNoYuki :D (http://animeforum.com/member.php?u=64918)

milkybones
12-02-2006, 03:13 AM
CCS was one of my first animes and I still love it! I love Tsubasa too! The way Shaoran helps Sakura find her feathers and meeting friends along the way is just great :)

SakuraNoYuki
12-02-2006, 03:15 AM
I guess they both has similarities. ^_^ Friendship and love and all that happiness stuff.

katrina03
12-05-2006, 07:19 AM
oh...if only i could watch it now... the problem is...i'm schooling right now...gRRRR!!!

Dysis
12-11-2006, 05:55 AM
I like card captor sakura too it is one of my most fave anime/manga

oh...if only i could watch it now... the problem is...i'm schooling right now...gRRRR!!!

try to watch it in http://www.youtube.com

katrina03
12-11-2006, 06:29 AM
i like CCS very much... it reminds me of my past...^^

SakuraNoYuki
12-11-2006, 02:05 PM
I too also love CCS even tho some would say I'm a bit too old for CCS. lol It doesn't matter how old anyone is. ^_^V

innocent princess
01-11-2007, 02:40 AM
cardcaptor sakura is my best show ever but i think thay cardcaptors changed alot of inportant things so idont like it
i just love the japenese anime and manga

Kiishim Silhou
01-17-2007, 06:00 PM
I have hated Nelvana since the day that I found out that THEY did the Card Captor Sakura dubbing. I-t w-a-s p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c! That's why not many American people like it. But, like in my case, I saw it in another country in spanish(my second language) and I fell in love with it. I prefer 1,000,000,000 times in spanish or with english subtitles. I saw CCS when I was on vacations in Costa Rica and I was all excited to watch it in US but got very disappointed. Besides that I've been a huge fan since I was 7 and now that Tsubasa Chronicle is out I definetly know Sakura and Syaoran are my #1.
Oh and did I mention.......I LOVE SYAORAN!
Dog199200 you miss ed the last episode!!!! It's the best on of all!!! You gotta watch it! :)