PDA

View Full Version : da kid's new batch

Midnight Outlaw
04-25-2005, 11:34 AM
well heres my new batch check em out some of em old ones i fixed up and ting you know......

Midnight Outlaw
04-25-2005, 11:39 AM
ignore the quality its gonna take too long to upload them at 300kb,900kb and 460 kb :) ill upload em later

Xian Pu
04-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Whoa. Why not upload one at a time- one per thread? It makes it easier that way.

Duchess-sama
04-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Well it would be easier to make a thread for each but, I shall comment on seach of them sepreatly.

#1- It is an interesting concept, but I have a few problems with it. The marble border that is supposed to be walls(?) is too dim. Marble is usually known for it brillant white and so fading it or putting an dark top layer over it just make it look odd.

Also, There is nothing visually tying the characters to the background. The color theme of the main chars outfit don't match she looks like she doesn't belong in that background.

The second character is sitting atop of nothing and is acutally just there. The faded second person is very hand to make not look cheesy so I generally stay away from it. You can see the bg through him and that looks a tad messy. The font shoice is also hard on the eyes.

Overall I'd say this would be a better 500x500 splash or photomanip it doesn't really look like a wallpaper.

#2- I like this one better than the first. It has a flow to it and I acutally get what you were going for. The overally idea is a great template for a cool wall however you must work on your backgrounds. The exclusion effect agaisnt such a high contrast background is uber harsh. I couldn't look at something like that on my desktop.

Also the second faded picture over that is so faded I barely noticed it. If it isn't there to draw attention is it needed? It is also exclusioned and is a dark filmy color on top of this bright bright white/orange.

The rest of it is awesome. The picture choice looks cool and I love how you se eds arm atop of the black boreder to make it look like its coming out at you. ^^ The hexagons glow match the background and I can see the text.

#3- I like this one the best. The character and the background have green in common and your fonts fading looks perfect. The border idea you had with the other wall was executed well and the charater fits.

One small thing I've notices is that the black charcoling(?) on the top and bottom border end and that looks a bit off seeing as the center of the image has none. I thought that was supposed to be the difference between the two. I'd pt it over the whole border.

Also the character is too bright so you might want to try copying the layer gausin blur it at about 4.5 and then overlay it. It will look alot darker and make him not stand out quite so brightly on such and darg bg.

Sorry if its a bit long, but I like to help.