PDA

View Full Version : digi charat wallp...

spX
03-21-2005, 05:08 PM
hello! greetings from the world of the apple!(no, i'm not using a mac)... again, a digi charat wallp... hope you like it! ( if you don't, say it)

_hades the wicked
03-21-2005, 05:19 PM
I don't sorry.
Weeell, here are my thoughts:
#1: those borders aren't looking too good;
#2: the colors are dull and dead...
#3: when I look at the wall, I don't know where to look at... It's like, everywhere I look is the same... It lacks dynamics ya know. It looks pretty plain and it's not a wall I'd put on my desk and look at whenever I turn my computer on.
#4: the border you used on your character is way too thick. Make them thinner.

Basically that's it.

JoN_mAn32
03-21-2005, 08:27 PM
i like it but i agreee with dark death a bit the focus evn though its attempted on the charecter isnt. you might be able to achive this with maybe darkening the background wiht a overlay? im thinking lighting(brightness/contrast might work) and thin the borders down a bit as well... otherwise noce job

MistressPookyChan
03-22-2005, 02:34 AM
I actually really like the colors. Often people forget how deep and rich earth tones can be.

akachan
03-23-2005, 03:40 AM
I agree with pooky for the colors: this drawing reminds me of Mucha artworks' (I don't remember if the right name is mucha, but basically he is an art noveau artist)--> the fact is that the art nouveau period isn't full of bright colors... but I agree with DD for the rest, here are my suggestions:
1. yeah, please remove that borders, the don't go at all with the 99,8% of wallpapers!!! please ^^
2. the idea of a picture behind her is good, but cover the blank space with white, we shouldn't be able to see the canvas
3.try to move her a bit to the right('cause you don't use a mac ^^), the wall will be more dinamic.
4. put a text on the left( a white glowed one?) with a very elegant font.
5. if you need borders, my sugg. is to put white glowing swirls all around the borders( you can find good brushes on the brushes thread, a sticky's one)

maybe the result would be quite different from your original idea, but imho would be great, btw they are only advices, you can choose to follow all of them, only one or no-one at all :D

MistressPookyChan
03-23-2005, 06:50 AM
I guess I'm the only one that really liked the background idea. :lol: I think it adds texture. It does make the character not stand out, though.

yami85
04-02-2005, 04:26 AM
i like it too

yami85
04-02-2005, 04:34 AM
ya i like it too much
not this only i like all anime

Missy
04-02-2005, 04:45 AM
Not bad.... Pretty good, imo.. ^^ .. pretty bg too...

spX
04-19-2005, 06:30 AM
hi... i'm here again. This time , some colors were warmed a little bit, the frame was reduced and the bg flowers were deleted. Main flowers were blurred a little (very little). Hope this time you like it

escaflownemoon
04-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Tell you the truth, I like the first one better, not that this one is bad..it depends on your taste. The first one I find has more of a walk-in art gallery feel...I can feel there is a theme of some sort..lol the bg looks like a piece of actual painting and she's posing in front of it. The second one seems a tad too small imo.

Raven
04-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Yup, I definately like the first one better. From the colors, to the design, maybe it's just that this style isn't too common. (or that I like lily's..) I would stick with the first wp.

spX
04-26-2005, 09:58 AM
well... actually... i like the first one pretty much than the 2nd... the main idea was use earth tones and oil-paint style flowers, and a wood frame. In the 2nd ver, the colors where warmed a little, but it loses the magic that the 1st one have

alur3n
04-29-2005, 08:11 PM
I prefer the second personally...