PDA

View Full Version : I think a new romance anime should be made.

Azreal Hellfire
03-16-2005, 10:25 AM
A new romance anime should be made, in which everyone is a normal human, and it takes place in the present day. nothing weird or supernatural about it... Just a boy and a girl in love and the story of their lives together, does anyone else think this is a good idea?

the black dragon
03-16-2005, 12:06 PM
yeah there are too many love stories involving supernatural stuff like inuyasha, there should be more anime's where its just a boy and a girl in love. with just a few sword fights and drama thrown in like the girl/boy has a life threataning disease

Foofy foofy
03-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Er.. Isn't there already alot of love stories out there? Like Fake, Gravitation, Mars?

But I guess your right, more doesn't hurt.

Azreal Hellfire
03-17-2005, 08:47 AM
I mean a present day 2005 love story no future technology or anything.

Foofy foofy
03-17-2005, 12:37 PM
I thought those were in the present day... Oops, I'm probably wrong ><

Die Tod von Euch
03-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Foofy's right. Just because the name of the manga is "Mars" doesn't mean it's in the future, Manslayer. Mars takes place in modern times and is just about two high school kids, Rei (the guy) and Kira (the girl), who are an unlikely couple that fall totally in love. The name isn't taken from the planet Mars or anything...it's taken from the Roman god, actually, and is also the name of the painting that Kira does of Rei.

Foofy is also wrong in that Fake and Gravi are not like what Manslayer was talking about at all... Those two are boy-love manga... Not manga about a boy and a girl falling in love. They are both quite good, though. ^_^

Also, there are TONS of simple boy-meets-girl romance manga out there. I don't think so many of them have been made into anime, though. But, yeah, just go look at any manga section and you'll see TONS of things like what you're talking about.

To name a few:
Peach Girl
Kill Me, Kiss Me
Mars (hasn't been made into an anime, but there IS a live action series...I think it's Hong Kong or Korean, though)
Imadoki!
X Day
Kare Kano (THIS IS AN ANIME AS WELL---"His and Her Circumstances")
I.N.V.U.
Paradise Kiss
Hana-Kimi

And that really is just a very, very few. There are a LOT more, trust me...

chobitfever
03-18-2005, 08:09 PM
an anime without any funny stuff will be quite boring but i like your idea..............hah!

Gunblade315
03-19-2005, 10:15 AM
But there would be no humor,or fighting.I think that would get boring.It would be like a cartoon soap opera.

Die Tod von Euch
03-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Actually, there tends to be humor... Just because they're normal humans and there's nothing supernatural, it doesn't mean it can't be funny. Romantic comedy....there are a LOT of movies like that.

And yes, the shoujo-y manga tends to be very much like a teen soap opera... but it's still addictive.

chobitfever
03-20-2005, 06:42 AM
ya your right and i would not really define as soap opera but a meaningless anime with no purpose.......................

kitsuna
03-27-2005, 09:38 AM
good idea

~Kitsuna~

chobitfever
03-28-2005, 05:02 AM
you think that an anime that has only a normal life is nice....................why not look around the city of yours and find those yourself???????????????

dmgmaster1990
03-28-2005, 10:31 PM
that would just be whay to boring were is the fun in that if you actuly had a girl freind/boy freind LOL:rolleyes:

chobitfever
03-29-2005, 06:32 AM
now that WOULD be boring unless you constantly find yourself a girlfriend or boyfriend and let them give you happiness forever..................now THAT would be even worse...............damn now that REALLY IS boring...................

Die Tod von Euch
03-29-2005, 02:05 PM
...Um, no those stories aren't boring. If they were boring, they wouldn't be among the most popular form of manga (shoujo/romance ranks second after shounen/action).

They actually have a PLOT, and BELIEVABLE characters, instead of just random slapstick and a cast that no one in real life ressembles. I think in Animerica magazine a couple years back I read that Peach Girl, at the time, was one of the most popular selling manga in Japan... Peach Girl has NO supernatural elements. It is simply about a high school girl named Momo, the back-stabbing ex-best-friend Sae, the playboy Kiley, and the strong silent Toji. It's an interesting story. It's a story that a lot of girls can probably relate to, as well. Which is part of the appeal.

What's boring are all the wacky alien/ robot/ harem (think Tenchi and Love Hina) shows... After you've seen one, you've seen them all. They get old after a while...

MistaCloudStrife
03-29-2005, 04:14 PM
You should see "His and Her Circumstances"

I think thats the closest thing there is... there are prolly many more but i just cant think of them...

Die Tod von Euch
03-29-2005, 05:20 PM
...I already mentioned that anime and manga a few posts up (http://animeforum.com/showpost.php?p=493107&postcount=6)... I gave a list of manga that fit the topic...

Why does no one ever read what I write? I swear...

chobitfever
03-29-2005, 10:50 PM
after a while it does get boring.............but a normal romance anime with a bit of humor is better than an anime with full romance.................it gets boring.........???

MistaCloudStrife
03-30-2005, 01:13 AM
Ahhh sorri man, i didnt see... I usually skim thru the posts, i dont have the patience to read all of they thoroughly... ^_^;;

Oh and theys also, Kimi Nozo, AKA, Kimi ga Nozuma Eien... (Sorri i doubt that spelling is correct).... And Die Tod, my appologies if you've listed this anime already....

Kimi Nozo, keeps interest by adding tons of drama.... So its like, Romance with a drop of Extreme Drama... No futuristic stuff and impossible things like, flying turtles, mechas, genious little girls, etc etc.... Just Drama. ^_^

Its sad, so if you decide to watch, be prepared for an emotional roller coaster... XD

chobitfever
03-30-2005, 04:51 AM
hey.............maybe i will watch it.........MistraCloudStrife.............tell me where to get it..........i must watch!!!!!!!!!!!!11

MistaCloudStrife
04-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Well its liscenced... ^_^;; You might be able to DL it still but its illegal... But since it IS liscenced the DVDs should be coming out soon... Maybe they already are...

chobitfever
04-02-2005, 05:06 AM
if it comes out i will buy it for sure...................problem is what if it does not come out for my country????????????

MistaCloudStrife
04-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Well that COULD be your reason for DLing it then i suppose... o.O

If I ever find a site that has them, i'll PM you the link...

chobitfever
04-04-2005, 12:40 AM
thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you are such a good person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!never met such a person like you before........................