PDA

View Full Version : Is Shinji gay?

Ranshiin
03-10-2005, 06:06 AM
This has been bugging me through the whole evalngelion series, so I thought I'd ask whether you reckon Shinji is gay, or bi, or both, or neither, or whatever.

Personally I think he is, but I want to hear some more users' views before I say why.

Nineteenth
03-10-2005, 06:19 AM
Homosexual, no/ who cares? Whiny, mentally weak wuss? Yes.

Annik
03-10-2005, 06:31 AM
... Roflmao.

o_O He's a great big wuss.

Kaoru.... Now, Kaoru is iffy.

Ashminigun
03-10-2005, 09:36 AM
hmmm... don't know...
technically yes, but he attracted to Kaoru 'cause of his kindness to him... I don't know... Shinji just screw up or something... 'cause of the things he gone thru'... he need a friend I think he do some thing with Kaoru.... ask the director

Sophonax
03-10-2005, 09:38 AM
I'd say that he's bisexual.

Kaoru, on the other hand, he's gay. Or should I say "it"? Because.. Kaoru is really an angel, and the angels don't have genders. so.. yeah.. o.O;

Italian_Thug
03-10-2005, 10:30 AM
Of course he is completely gay, dude, youve seen the show, and the way he acts, right?

enigma unit 01
03-10-2005, 10:35 AM
This has been bugging me through the whole evalngelion series, so I thought I'd ask whether you reckon Shinji is gay, or bi, or both, or neither, or whatever.

Personally I think he is, but I want to hear some more users' views before I say why.Of course hes not gay, he fancys Asuka, and you spelt evangelion wrong

Sophonax
03-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Of course hes not gay, he fancys Asuka, and you spelt evangelion wrong He fancys Asuka, indeed. But he's attracted to Kaoru because of his kindness and his.. well.. love.

Sword
03-10-2005, 11:51 AM
I don't really know. And I don't think Shinji knows either. Because he isn't very good at communicating with people, he tends to get mixed feelings about people and doesn't know what to do about them. At least that's my opinion.

Ranshiin
03-11-2005, 03:20 AM
Of course hes not gay, he fancys Asuka, and you spelt evangelion wrong
gah. typo. sorry ><

anyway - my reason for believing Shinji is gay - yes, he does 'really like' Kaoru ... and Kouru 'likes' him, but, even though angels apparently don't have genders (or so someone else commented) then in that case why does he take a male form?

They do share some weird relationship. Remember in the second to last / last DVD with the huge Rei ... who turns into Kaoru .... the look on his face when Rei changes.... sheesh. it's kinda obvious

But then again, he m*****ated over Asuka when she was pretty much dead .... weird boy.

Innotech
03-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Id say absolutely NOT gay.

Hotsprings_Shinobu
03-13-2005, 12:08 AM
No he's not gay! If he was then why the heck would he masterbate at seeing Auska's bare chest in the hospital! or choose Auska to be his "Eve" in the new world! Hello!

Gjallarhorn
03-13-2005, 01:31 AM
i'd say he was pretty much asexual, but he liked kowaru and asuka, probably because kowaru was the first person to show him genuine kindness, and Asuka was in a similar family situation to him, as well as the fact that there minds are really messed up.......

Predator
03-13-2005, 02:37 AM
Yes Shinji is gay...There are lots of proof of it but they want you to think it your way...

Die Tod von Euch
03-13-2005, 03:13 AM
Shinji is bi, or at the very least he questioned his sexuality.

It's not the "second-to-last" DVD that the giant Rei/Kaworu thing happens...that's in the movie. And it's a very good bit of evidence to back up the bisexuality, yes. For all of his obsessing over Rei in the show at times, seeing a giant one of her freaks the crap out of him. But as soon as it's a giant Kaworu, well then...all's good.

Yes, he "fancies" Asuka. He also has a thing for Misato and Rei (which implies a bit of an Oedipus complex, too, but that's for another discussion...). He also had feelings for Kaworu. Kaworu even said something about how he thinks he exists to love Shinji...or...something like that. It's been over four years since I've watched it. Kaworu is undeniably homosexual. I don't agree with the genderless angel thing. Never did. I'd be more than willing to get into a debate about that another time, but for now we'll just leave it at that.

To recap.... Shinji is sweet on all of the following (in alphabetical order): Asuka, Kaworu, Misato, Rei

[BlackDeath]
03-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Yes he is GAY, well for us UK guys if they look gay they are gay, not in the literal sense though, gay is a commonly used word that is rarely used for it's literal meaning. Shinji is nothing more than a useless waste of space, sure he becomes God but what a crappy God he becomes!

Die Tod von Euch
03-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Um...first off, the literal meaning for "gay" is "happy," Black Death. Secondly...he never becomes God. o_O

[BlackDeath]
03-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Um...first off, the literal meaning for "gay" is "happy," Black Death. Secondly...he never becomes God. o_O
Well you got me there about the literal meaning but he does become God in End of Eva

Sword
03-13-2005, 04:07 PM
I believe that it was actually Unit - 01 that became the God.

Die Tod von Euch
03-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Ok, this discussion really should be somewhere else, but no, he doesn't become God in EoE... I don't believe 01 becomes God, either. Though I'm sure Yui would enjoy that... He's just a human who somehow managed to make it so mankind had another chance. Yay him. He never became a god of any sort, nor did his Eva.

Now PenPen... PenPen is God. And I say this only half jokingly.

Ranshiin
03-14-2005, 05:14 AM
Ok, this discussion really should be somewhere else, but no, he doesn't become God in EoE... I don't believe 01 becomes God, either. Though I'm sure Yui would enjoy that... He's just a human who somehow managed to make it so mankind had another chance. Yay him. He never became a god of any sort, nor did his Eva.

Now PenPen... PenPen is God. And I say this only half jokingly.O_o Pen-Pen is God??? [Edited out.. ~Soph]

okay. now I am confused ..... o_O;;

飛竜
03-15-2005, 04:03 AM
No way man! Shinji is a guy for sure!:ph34r:

Ranshiin
03-15-2005, 05:36 AM
No way man! Shinji is a guy for sure!:ph34r:
h34r??? o_O

come on. make a decent comment or else I'll put that post up for a warning. ><

xCalypsox
03-17-2005, 05:58 PM

Personally I think he is, but I want to hear some more users' views before I say why.

Shinji is very straight...he almost kissed Asuka while she was sleeping!! That takes balls, and then he kissed her again...

blue lagoon dragoon
03-17-2005, 07:06 PM
:ooh: Neon genisis is most definately awsome:awe:

but seriously shinji is a friggin bisexual:eek:
don't act like you dont know:eek:
yeah I said it :eek:

Wait what are we talkin' bout again;)

xCalypsox
03-17-2005, 07:29 PM

but seriously shinji is a friggin bisexual:eek:
don't act like you dont know:eek:
yeah I said it :eek:

Wait what are we talkin' bout again;)
Shinji is straight, I swears it! :ninja:

Ranshiin
03-18-2005, 04:38 AM
but seriously shinji is a friggin bisexual:eek: 1 - try spelling Neon Genesis properly
2 - don't swear. swearing is bad, especially on this forum.

3 - to Calypso - well it does take balls to do anything to Asuka ... let alone kiss her. shiesh, I wonder where he managed to get the guts for that from? I don't think he has the balls for a start.

xCalypsox
03-18-2005, 09:05 AM
To Mac...

Yeah it's a shame, Rei and Asuka are a lot tougher than Shinji...but you gotta admit those kids went through a lot of crap.

Die Tod von Euch
03-18-2005, 06:02 PM
1 - try spelling Neon Genesis properly
2 - don't swear. swearing is bad, especially on this forum.

3 - to Calypso - well it does take balls to do anything to Asuka ... let alone kiss her. shiesh, I wonder where he managed to get the guts for that from? I don't think he has the balls for a start.
1- Who are you to correct people?
2- "friggin" is not swearing, but your repeated reference to a certain aspect of the male anatomy is more along the lines of that.
3- Which is why he would be bisexual, or at the very least he questioned his sexuality while around Kaworu. Also, Asuka kissed HIM, if I recall correctly... Holding his nose to make him open his mouth, then kissing him.

Side note... Rei is not tougher than Shinji. She's a doll that does what she's told and knows very well that she can be replaced.... If she storms off into a dangerous situation with less hesitation than Shinji, it has nothing to do with bravery and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that there's a huge VAT of replacements in case she gets herself blown up.

Anyway, back on topic... It's actually quite difficult to be able to determine what Shinji's sexuality is, since he is only beginning puberty. At that age, kids seem to be rather uncertain of themselves, and far more impressionable. If Kaworu hadn't turned out the be the evil little angel that he was, and if he had remained alive and around Shinji more, it is VERY likely that Shinji would have gotten closer and closer to Kaworu as time passed, if you catch my drift. He was getting far more attention from Kaworu than he did from Asuka, Rei, or Misato. Kaworu even told Shinji that he loved him. Shinji, being the affection-starved, insecure little boy that he is, would have clung to that. He wants that kind of love from someone, anyone. So, in order to get and obtain that love, he would likely do whatever he felt he must. Besides, the women and their reactions to him would not exactly leave very good impressions in his mind about women. Therefore, if there's a man who is leaving far better impressions, he will start to lean towards going with the man over going with a woman. It would be less awkward for him, easier, more welcoming, and far less of a headache.

xCalypsox
03-18-2005, 06:52 PM
Also, Asuka kissed HIM, if I recall correctly... Holding his nose to make him open his mouth, then kissing him. Yeah but dont forget, Shinji tried to kiss Asuka in her sleep too.

Side note... Rei is not tougher than Shinji. She's a doll that does what she's told and knows very well that she can be replaced.... If she storms off into a dangerous situation with less hesitation than Shinji, it has nothing to do with bravery and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that there's a huge VAT of replacements in case she gets herself blown up.

Rei has suffered through a lot more pain...sure she has replacement limbs and body parts, but she still feels pain. That's what makes her tougher.

Die Tod von Euch
03-18-2005, 11:58 PM
...*sighs* Again, this is off topic stuff...

But, yes, Shinji -almost- kissed Asuka while she was sleeping, until she said "Mommy." But kisisng a girl in her sleep hardly takes guts... It's actually rather low.

Rei doesn't have replacement limbs or body parts, dear... She has replacement REIs. If one Rei gets killed, then they just need to take another out of the giant tub-o-Reis... But when you say she's gone through a lot more than Shinji...exactly WHICH Rei are you talking about? Even though attempting to measure one person's pain over another's isn't exactly an easy thing... Every person deals with things differently. There could be a situation that one person is able to easily handle and overcome, while another person gets stuck on it and breaks down.

shewolfyouko
03-19-2005, 01:05 AM
I think he's bi-curious. Basically meaning he likes girls but he's "curious" about guys...he can't deside for himself if it's love he feels or a yerning for their company. I had to go through the same thing...except I'm a girl...that's the only difference...

As for Kaoru...I would say he's gay, but that is an iffy subject cause he is an angel after all.

Ranshiin
03-21-2005, 04:42 AM
1- Who are you to correct people?
2- "friggin" is not swearing, but your repeated reference to a certain aspect of the male anatomy is more along the lines of that.
3- Which is why he would be bisexual, or at the very least he questioned his sexuality while around Kaworu. Also, Asuka kissed HIM, if I recall correctly... Holding his nose to make him open his mouth, then kissing him.
1 ) I'm a mod on another forum. so I know this stuff.

2 ) also, frigging is a British term for the big bad 'f' word. Therefore, it is a very rude word. (I apologise for the other term I used...)

back on topic - well, just because Asuka kissed him doesn't make him bisexual. For all we know his attempt to kiss her could have been a simple retalliative response to try and show he can be trusted - after all, Asuka does treat him like a piece of c**p.

Daenerys
03-21-2005, 06:19 AM
Friggin is okay to say on this forum, but in this case, it's up to the moderator if he finds it offensive.

Anyway, I think he's totally gay.

/Aifa|
03-21-2005, 07:20 AM
"Is Shinji Gay?"????......YES ALREADY!!!

*flicks tv to End Of Eva jack off scene*

...Come on everyone, on the count of three...one, two, three......Ewwww!!!!

EDIT: hmmm, i think i just contradicted myself :laugh:

Ranshiin
03-21-2005, 09:10 AM
yes, you did contradict yourself, you dirty minded...
anyway

one, two, three. EEEWWWWWW!!!!!......

*says the following rude quote to himself*

kamekazekid
03-21-2005, 09:10 AM
yeah shinji is bi like on one of the episode when he was with rei and saw her naked and got scard and he also became bi when that other evangalion dude died in the 8 disk

xCalypsox
03-22-2005, 08:40 AM
yeah shinji is bi like on one of the episode when he was with rei and saw her naked and got scard and he also became bi when that other evangalion dude died in the 8 disk
Shinji wasn't exactly 'scared' when he saw Rei changing...
He wasn't really sure what to do, ya know he hasn't had much expirences with girls.

blackrosetwilight
03-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Shinji is..... well its hard to explain he gets bonners of girls(when he was at the hot spring ressorts with Misato and Asuka) yet he is some how attracted to Korou. I believe he isnt gay because he turned down what he thought Kaji was flirtting with him.

xCalypsox
03-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Perhaps Shinji is just curious...

Hakkai's ANgel
03-25-2005, 07:02 PM
He's just confused.... I mean seriously, if I was in that position my head would be just as messed up XD

Elfy
03-25-2005, 10:01 PM
I think Shinji is definately Bi
it's pretty obvious how he felt about Kaoru
and he obviously felt for Auska and rei too.

Kusanagi
03-26-2005, 12:45 AM
i think he`s bi..............XD he could be the woman in the relationship and, rei, or asuka, the man.--XD

Rageling
03-26-2005, 03:30 AM
Shinji wasn't exactly 'scared' when he saw Rei changing...
He wasn't really sure what to do, ya know he hasn't had much expirences with girls.

Are you kidding the only reasons he didn't pee in his pants is that he was distracted about his dad, and a possible boner.

WatermelonX
03-27-2005, 03:57 PM
He's probably bi-sexual because of the Kaoru incident. Either way, he's a breadhead.

Devilstears
03-28-2005, 11:03 PM
I think shinji is straight. But i havent seen the whole series yet. Im collecting the Platinum edition and im waiting for vol.6 and im only on episode i think 21, im not sure. But from what i can see so far he is straight

MistaCloudStrife
03-29-2005, 12:01 AM
He's not gay...

*spolier*
In end of Evangelion, Shinji was jacking off to Asuka... So... I think he's not gay. O_o

Elfy
03-29-2005, 12:58 AM
I think Shini himself isnt sure....
He likes Auska and rei, but there was something about Kaoru...
It seems to me he's undecided and as he hasn't had much experience in these matters

Sword
03-29-2005, 04:00 AM
Yes, thankyou. Thats exactly what I was trying to say.

/Aifa|
03-29-2005, 07:28 AM
Haha, yeah sure, i cant decide if i like girls or guys neither. ;)

Fantasy fighter
03-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Probably

blackanimeprincess
03-29-2005, 01:10 PM
i dun know what anime this is but juging but what everyone put on the boards i would say he is bi... lol

Black Cloud
03-29-2005, 02:11 PM
hello

Black Cloud
03-29-2005, 02:13 PM
shingi probaly bi because he liked that one angel who was a guy

Black Cloud
03-29-2005, 02:14 PM
i rock pm me some one
:badrazz: :ooh:

Black Cloud
03-29-2005, 02:14 PM
babes come to me

Black Cloud
03-29-2005, 02:15 PM
:) :p :D pm me

MistaCloudStrife
03-29-2005, 04:07 PM
5 post... thats insane, when i MOD sees this s/he'll flip.

And yeah... I stand by my Shinji is straight thing... And i havent voted so i will now.

Blitz
03-29-2005, 05:33 PM
I disagree, Shinji is not gay or bi, though i have heard it many times. That angel said he was born to love Shinji.

Oh, and Black Cloud, do not post that much. Also, If someone(God forbid) actually liked you, they would do it at their own consent. Someone should make an "I hate spammers thread"

animeadmirer
03-29-2005, 07:11 PM
He's just too innocently good looking to be gay. But some of his friends might be one.

xCalypsox
03-31-2005, 09:02 AM
*Insert Worst Pick-up Line Ever*: "babes come to me"

~xoxo Calypso xoxox~

Blitz
03-31-2005, 04:35 PM
That's great!
Like I said, Shinji isnt gay or bi.

retro
04-01-2005, 06:23 AM
He isn't gay or bi, he's just emotionally unstable. Who wouldn't be from what he has to go through & then for another person (Karou) to understand Shinji more than most only to turn out to be the enemy, well what else must our poor Shinji suffer .. oh yeah death & rebirth.

dollmage
04-01-2005, 06:52 AM
No hes noT!!!!!!! he got a thing for Souryu Asuka Langley!!!!! and have you seen the episode where Shinji go to Reis apartment to return something(4got what it is??may a eye_glass or sumthin???) when shinji trip over Rei when he saw Rei wearing only a towel over her naked(Rei is an angel do angels have gender?).....(but rei got a good girl body ri8?) *-_-* piff

dollmage
04-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Ikari Shinji is the main character in Neon Genesis Evangelion. He is the pilot of the humanoid weapon Eva-01. He is referred as "Third Child". Although he is the son of Ikari Gendou, the head of NERV, Shinji feels very strange towards Gendou. Gendou le ft Shinji since Shinji was very small, and they haven't met each other for a long time. Conversely, he and his guardian Katsuragi Misato acts like son and mother. They treat each other very well. When Shinji first came to NERV, he is self abased and lacks confidence. However, as he gains more experience in fighting against Angels, plus the help from Misato, he gradually becomes more confident.

(T_T) who would not feel that way if ur own father left u when u where a child T_T how sad sob....